OGXbox.com

Recommend Me A Solder Station (UK)

HDShadow

I'm thinking about buying a proper temperature controlled, all bells and whistles solder station which will likely get used for Xbox stuff more than anything so I'm looking for recommendations available in the UK/EU.

Budget up to about £150. I'd prefer lower but I'd go slightly higher if there was good reason.

Reliability, longevity ie. well built/well designed and likely to last a long time are my main buying criteria. However if it includes a hot air gun in the package I'd definitely be swayed.   

I forgot to say the Hakko FX-951 is also a good iron and there are some listet on ebay UK. 

And I over read the part with the head gun. So after my experience I can't realy recommend any of these "Multistations" which include a hot air gun. Depending on what you do they will do the job but yeah most of the time it's a hassle (especially if you have one with the blower in the handly).  How ever, the Quick 861DW (~260 Euros) is a standalone hot air gun I personaly would buy. Alternative the Atten ST-862D (~150 Euro) or YIHUA 993DM (~240 Euros).

Major point though pay a little more (even it's for something used and you have to save some money first) instead of buying cheap stuff which will bearly do the job. You will enjoy it more even it hurts when you press the buy button. 

Hakko 998d? I assume you mean the Huakko 998D mutlistation? 

Atm I use a YIHUA 862D ( https://imgur.com/a/SSGJ5Mi ) which get's the job done but with the knowlegde I have now, I would not buy it again nor would I recommend to buy one if you will do serious soldering. If someone can't afford more (or is not willing to afford more / or is bearly us it), I would never blame someone for buying it. ;)

54 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hakko 998d? I assume you mean the Huakko 998D mutlistation? 

Atm I use a YIHUA 862D ( https://imgur.com/a/SSGJ5Mi ) which get's the job done but with the knowlegde I have now, I would not buy it again nor would I recommend to buy one if you will do serious soldering. If someone can't afford more (or is not willing to afford more / or is bearly us it), I would never blame someone for buying it. ;)

Yes it's a huakko, considering the price it's served me well

Some interesting advice and good suggestions.

I'll have to get my research hat on and check them out.

Of course if anyone else here has other recommendations/experience please still share, I want to make sure whatever I do buy is the best quality/best value for money so I'm not rushing into it.

• Like 1