Wireless controller mod

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Also, if it's stupid I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about electronics yet.

I'm thinking about the possibility to convert the memory units ports of the S controller to put in a lithium battery and something like a bluetooth transmitter. I'm totally noob, so actually I don't know if this would actually work, with a usb bluetooth receiver plugged in or wired to one of the controller ports. Since it is the original controller no drivers would be needed and it should work like it was plugged in with a cable.

I was also thinking about using the same kind of transmitters that are used in keyboards or mouses.

I made some research on the net but seems that nobody did or even tried doing something like this with an S controller. Is that because this mod won't actually work?

Why not just use a OGX360 with a MS wireless receiver then you can use a Xbox 360 wireless controller or 8BitDO with a Xbox One controller or heavens forbid a PS4 controller.

Also the bluetooth receiver would still need a driver on the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, BlackIvan said:

Since it is the original controller no drivers would be needed

It's not quite that simple. The Xbox would see the USB bluetooth receiver, not the Xbox controller that is wirelessly connected to it. The Xbox would then need a driver for the exact bluetooth adapter you're using, which is a very difficult task. The same obstacle exists if keyboard/mice dongles are used instead. What you're talking about is possible, but would require a considerable amount of background knowledge in order to build.

As Dave said, an ogx360 kit is the best way to accomplish using a wireless controller. Aside from buying a retail 3rd-party wireless controller from back in the day (logitech, madcatz, etc.). The ogx360 presents itself to the Xbox as a standard Xbox controller and translates button presses from a controller (wired or wireless) that is plugged into it. To give you an idea of the scale of this task, the person who made the project is an electrical engineer (by no means a noob) and it involved designing custom circuitry and firmware to get the whole thing running.

More info: https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360

Purchase links:

Or you could build you own. all the info including where to get the boards made are on the Ryzee119's github.

Here is 2 variants that I have made the top is the original and the bottom is from a NZ FB member

776797388_99292333_10157534841295679_3781401684001947648_n(1).jpg.e78022e993f1be9792a6cbddc89a6e5c.jpg

or you could also get one from N64freak 

IMG_20200204_120029.thumb.jpg.881c3319d2f3396fb94a91506551e701.jpg

It's plug and play just add you wireless receiver

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Oh I see. It is definitely more difficult than I thought... 

I'm going to buy an OGX360, it is just a it of my budget at the moment. (Consider I would have to buy the board, the adapter and a controller). 

I have a wireless keyboard from Trust that my parents bought to use on the tv. Since it worked out great at first try (even the mouse, that I've heard is difficult to get to work on te xbox) I thought it would be possible to just find a pair of transmitter/receiver that is known to work. But seems that I will have to learn a little bit more about how this things actually work before.

Thanks to you all, I will post here if I end up with some working project