Maladin

XBox 360 Rf Boards

21 minutes ago, Maladin said:

Just picked up 3 defective Xbox 360s for $5. Hoping the RF boards will be good to connect 360 controllers to the og :)

I would say probably not as the OGX360 needs to see a standard USB wireless receiver and I doubt the  Xbox 360 wireless board is a USB connection it will be a dedicated data connection for the 360.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I just connected it to my PC by soldering on a usb cable and installed the 360 RF for Windows driver and the computer recognized it. I need to buy a controller now to test it on the PC.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Maladin
add links

Interesting.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

40 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Interesting.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yeah I have a couple esp8266s laying around. Gonna see if I can get it to work. A crap Xbox 360 is an easy thing to find :)

35 minutes ago, Maladin said:

A crap Xbox 360 is an easy thing to find

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

Cheers

SS Dave

7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yeah if you can get them for next to nothing it would be a good Idea to harvest them. Even if you want to use the controllers for robotics or something. Also Arduinos are cheap.  

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Edited by GoTeamScotch
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Yeah but hopefully the Arduino will fix that :)

16 minutes ago, Maladin said:

Well this works great for pc but will never work on OGX because the 360 gamepads are USB 2.0 and the OGX is USB 1.0.

But you might be able to get it working with an OGX360 that is connected to an original Xbox...

• Like 1