Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Maladin said:

Just picked up 3 defective Xbox 360s for $5. Hoping the RF boards will be good to connect 360 controllers to the og :)

I would say probably not as the OGX360 needs to see a standard USB wireless receiver and I doubt the  Xbox 360 wireless board is a USB connection it will be a dedicated data connection for the 360.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Interesting.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yeah I have a couple esp8266s laying around. Gonna see if I can get it to work. A crap Xbox 360 is an easy thing to find :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Maladin said:

A crap Xbox 360 is an easy thing to find

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yeah if you can get them for next to nothing it would be a good Idea to harvest them. Even if you want to use the controllers for robotics or something. Also Arduinos are cheap.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Edited by GoTeamScotch
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Yeah but hopefully the Arduino will fix that :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maladin said:

Well this works great for pc but will never work on OGX because the 360 gamepads are USB 2.0 and the OGX is USB 1.0.

But you might be able to get it working with an OGX360 that is connected to an original Xbox...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By rjfony
      When I turn on my Xbox, it gets stuck on the Xbox startup screen and never makes it to the dashboard. There is a flashing green light. It will not load games. When I eject the DVD drive via the paperclip hole, it then goes right to the dashboard and the green light stops flashing. It still won't load any games. Did my DVD drive fail?
    • By Amigaz
      Located in Sweden but I ship worldwide.

      Have four original XBOX base units that I need sell to clear some room here http://www.amibay.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
      I have replaced the harddrives in all of them with bigger harddrives and flashed the BIOS with a custom BIOS.
      All of the units work flawlessly EXCEPT the DVD drives in them which is a common problem with the original XBOX, sometimes they have problem ready discs or close or eject the tray.
      This can be an easy fix, there are tons of helpful tips on the internet to solve this by for example cleaning and lubricating them, replacing the drive belt or calibrating the laser.

      The units and prices are as follows:

      XBOX unit #1

      Version 1.6
      SmartXX V3 chip with custom BIOS (can hold several BIOS'es)
      500GB IDE Harddrive

      €60

      XBOX unit #2

      Version 1.0
      TSOP'ed with custom BIOS
      80GB IDE Harddrive

      €35

      XBOX unit #3

      Version 1.1
      TSOP'ed with custom BIOS
      500GB IDE Harddrive

      €45

      XBOX unit #4

      Version 1.6
      Softmodded
      1TB SATA HDD

      €50

      All the units are in good condition for it's age, I can provide you with pictures and screenshots if there's a need.

      Buyers pays for postage and shipping.
    • By FerociousOG
      How can I safely remove the round green Xbox emblem from case?

      Thx in advance...

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.