Have a two original hard drive from a dead xbox but do not have a eeprom.bin or a hdd key backup, is there a solution to unlock? or a cloning hd from a working xbox?

A hard modded xbox should load up those drives, then you can go to system setting and unlock them.

Edited by Falcon639

1 minute ago, Falcon639 said:

If you can put those hard drives in a modded xbox, then unlock them. You can use HDD raw copy tool to clone them.

That  will only work if he knows the hdd keys, if they have been in a modded box they may have been nulled.

7 minutes ago, Falcon639 said:

If you can put those hard drives in a modded xbox, then unlock them. You can use HDD raw copy tool to clone them.

There is a program called HDAT2 that might be able to open them, I haven’t used it but some people have had luck opening previously unlocked modded hdds with it.

2 hours ago, Falcon639 said:

A hard modded xbox should load up those drives, then you can go to system setting and unlock them.

That won't work.  The Xbox hard drive is locked with a password unique to the Xbox it was installed in.  

The reason unlocked hard drives work in a TSOP flashed/modchipped console is because the modified BIOS  removed the checks requiring the hard drive to be locked.  Thus, the hard drive does not have to be locked. 

However, if the hard drive is locked, you cannot swap it to another Xbox.  You'll get an Error 06 screen.  HDD cannot be unlocked.

To unlock the hard drive, you can read the data from the 8-pin serial EEPROM that holds the HDDkey.  This chip holds 256 bytes of data.

There are several methods to read the data from the Xbox's configuration EEPROM.

1 hour ago, Ging3rguy said:

There is a program called HDAT2 that might be able to open them, I haven’t used it but some people have had luck opening previously unlocked modded hdds with it.

Try this software not working.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Life_model_decoy
      My original xbox died 10 years ago and the drive has been sitting on the shelf ever since. I recently installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 chip in a 1.6 Xbox and I have hexen19 burned onto a DVD. How Do I replace the stock drive with the drive from my old u modded xbox?
      The reason I want to use the old drive is that I want to transfer my save files off of it then place a new drive in the xbox, if this isn't possible, is there another way to transfer my files off the old drive. 
      The drive is a Seagate not a WD. 

• By Icarium
      Quick question I am finding difficult to search online.
      Like most, I mainly play games directly from the hard drive, but do occasionally like to play my games on disc. I am wondering if there is an application out there that gives you the option of disabling the dvd drive on startup?
      I want to keep my dvd drive alive for as long as possible, and I cringe everytime I boot the Xbox and the laser searches for a disc that isn't there. It seems I am just degrading the lifetime of the drive that way. If I can disable the drive when I am not using it, I bet I would be able to squeeze more life out of it.
      Thanks!
    • By alfredo2
      I am in the process of modding my multiple xbox consoles so that they all have the same files and also hdd keys so that I can mix and match the hard drives across all systems. 
      Hdd keys seem simple enough but I have a few questions about the config sector of the hdd. The config sector is I think the first sector of the hdd and stores certain configuration settings. These settings are unable to be changed as far as I am aware.
      Please login or register to see this link. . 
      I will be using configmagic to match the different settings accros the many eeproms and ftping over my gamesaves. I have a concern that if I swap over a hdd that these settings in the config sector may come into conflict with the new xbox it is placed in. 
      Most of those settings are not a worry.
      Host name is something I am not so sure about, I can't find any info relating to the original xbox hostname or how to change it. I would hate to switch a hard drive and because host name on said hdd doesn't match with rest of the system something bad happens. 
      I would like some help with this issue of mine, regarding hostname and if there is anything else in the config sector I should be concerned about with what I am trying to do. (Mix and match hard drives accross multiple consoles, I won't be cloning or full eeprom flashing).

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.