Jump to content
Rocky5

Bugs

Recommended Posts

Went into 'settings' at login page and change a few things. From memory, video calibration which was fine after committing change, enabling mouse etc.

What I think I did wrong was set the skin to something other than the default profile selection skin.

Anyway, the result is a totally black screen.. Everything is still responsive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jay Yardley said:

Went into 'settings' at login page and change a few things. From memory, video calibration which was fine after committing change, enabling mouse etc.

What I think I did wrong was set the skin to something other than the default profile selection skin.

Anyway, the result is a totally black screen.. Everything is still responsive.

 

Yeah so that’s not a bug, but user error :/

edit Q:\USERDATA\guisetting.xml and search for skin change it to Manage Profiles Skin save it and IGR or turn the Xbox off and on. 

 

<skin>manage profiles skin</skin>

 

If that still fails just replace the guisetting.xml file with a fresh one you extract from the zip.

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first time I enter the system creating a profile from scratch I can use fanart as a background by going to the configuration tab by pressing the second icon a few times soon. if I go out and enter the profile I can no longer see the background of the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dash is awesome.

But there are some troubles with having music on and using synopsis mode.

If you look at a game with synopsis that has video preview, the music is disabled.

When i leave synopsis mode the music does not return.

 

Also,  when I have music playing and select synopsis mode on a game that doesnt have any xml synopsis information, the music will stop playing when i exit the synopsis mode when pressing the B button.  So i have to go to options>settings>skin settings>create playlist>music> and select a song to get the music playing again.    Then  B B B B B  :)

 

( I built the xbmc4gamers using the most recent XBMC4XBOX-33032 )

 

Edited by RoofTop
forgot to tell what xbmc4xbox version i used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I changed view settings to poster+Fanart mode  I came across a bug.

I scrolled very fast with the Left trigger and then the Right trigger, just to see if the poster+fanart pictures would  manage to display with that fast speed. ANd after a while I broke it completely, there are no fanart displayed, just a grey square area,, And if I changed view settings to the other modes, all other graphics are gone.. just grey squares everywhere where it should be pictures.

I had to reset xbox and reload dash to get everything back to normal.

Be careful fast scrolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently transferring the whole xbox game collection to my modded xbox with a 2TB, using XBMC4Gamer as dash (installed on F:). I do that during the night, transferring through FTP 50 games at a time (which takes roughly 6-8h at home)

Twice now, the dash has freezed on screensaver, I don't know if it's a bug in screensaver or ftp transfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI! just upgraded my softmod to xbmc4gamers! im trying to download urldownloader.zip, but i get a md5hash mismatch error, any way i can fix this? thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try downloading it again.  If it doesn't download the file completely, you will get the MD5hash mismatch error.  It's a test to verify that the file downloaded correctly.

I've recently installed XBMC-Emustation and it downloaded the URLDownloader and installed the update without a problem.  I've not tried XBMC4Gamers. 

Did you install the pre-compiled version of XBMC4Gamers or download the source from the github.com repository and build it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i downloaded from github and burnt to a dvd the rocky 5 softmod tool master, updated my softmod xbox , and then installed the xbmc4gamers from the disc. I reinstalled it to make sure i did it right, same results. When i go to urldownloader, it asks if i want to dowload ulrdownloader.zip, and then you can see the dialog box appear and disapear quickly 3-4 times and i get md5hash error, i tried over 30 times always same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Download  the Please login or register to see this link. from the link provided in the description of the Please login or register to see this link. .  FTP it to your Xbox and try it.  Install it to a different location than the one previously installed by the Extras disc (e.g., F:\Apps\XBMC4Gamers).  I've not used the Extras disc to install the app.  Do you know where it installed XBMC4Gamers to on the Xbox's hard drive?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My xbmc4gamers works flawlessly, It's been on my xbox for 2 years now. And I just updated to the latest version using the urldownloader.

Don't install it on the C: drive as you will run out of space.  I have mine installed on E:\xbmc\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I can't seem to adjust the screen calibration size for the login screen. 

I can change the screen calibration once I've logged in to a profile. But the profile screen does not fit the screen and the control button icons are cut off at the bottom of the screen.

 

im tipping this is an xbmc thing. Any way to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a bug in XBMC4Gamers. It doesn't recongnize Doom 3 and Doom 3 RoE as games and I can't start them directly through the dashboard, even though there is a default.xbe in the game folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 12:23 AM, Blobby85 said:

I found a bug in XBMC4Gamers. It doesn't recongnize Doom 3 and Doom 3 RoE as games and I can't start them directly through the dashboard, even though there is a default.xbe in the game folder.

That ain’t a bug, they have the same xbe name or same folder name. Change one or both and they will show. (Well it’s a bug or design in XBMC, it gets confused if something shared the same folder name)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, loggio said:

Hi,

I can't seem to adjust the screen calibration size for the login screen. 

I can change the screen calibration once I've logged in to a profile. But the profile screen does not fit the screen and the control button icons are cut off at the bottom of the screen.

 

im tipping this is an xbmc thing. Any way to do this?

Load the manage profiles profile and adjust it there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i cant get into the login screen on xbmc4gamers it says failed to load xbmc4gamers and i cant get into the login screen plz help how do i reinstall it when its my default dash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold white+Y you will get taken into a recovery ftp server, now copy over a clean copy and make your profile again. (If you didn’t delete anything it will find your data and ask if you want to use it or remove it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have uploaded a lot of preview.xmv in each _ressources\media\ directory and more than 50% make freezing the Xbox, mainly the 720p video.

If I don't touch to original layout (no fanart, no ressources) all xmv are working, even the 720p.

If I modify the layout, add fanart, use ressources... when I go to synopsys and try to play the same video like before... Xbox freeze.

The size of the video tested, working or not is about 5mb... then I suppose it's not linked.

Other info, if I let the layout by default (all videos are working), free memory is about 27mb. If I modifed layout (50% of video not working) free memory is about 24mb.

I make a lot of search since 2 days and I don't understand the problem. I'm alone with this problem ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, XStef said:

Hello, I have uploaded a lot of preview.xmv in each _ressources\media\ directory and more than 50% make freezing the Xbox, mainly the 720p video.

If I don't touch to original layout (no fanart, no ressources) all xmv are working, even the 720p.

If I modify the layout, add fanart, use ressources... when I go to synopsys and try to play the same video like before... Xbox freeze.

The size of the video tested, working or not is about 5mb... then I suppose it's not linked.

Other info, if I let the layout by default (all videos are working), free memory is about 27mb. If I modifed layout (50% of video not working) free memory is about 24mb.

I make a lot of search since 2 days and I don't understand the problem. I'm alone with this problem ?

 

Just for info... I have installed XBMC-Emustation to test and all video are working very well, then I suppose it's a bug inside XBMC4gamers last release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Rocky5
      Yeah there will be bugs but I may or may not fix them.
      Report them here.
    • By Rocky5
      Report any bugs in here.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.