• 1 month later...

The video settings in UnleashX only work for UnleashX.  They do not change the settings used by the console when running a game. 

Those settings in the MS dashboard are saved to the configuration EEPROM and do control the mode a game will play in PAL or NTSC.

Hmm, not that it should matter as UnleashX's settings are to only be for UnleashX

Disable the Enable 480p, 720p and 1080i options.  I'm not sure they can be changed when the top line: Video Standard is set to PAL.

You might try EnigmaH again, set the Video Standard to NTSC, run the MS dashboard and disable the high resolution modes (you will have to have a high-definition cable connected to see these options to disable them in the video settings), run EnigmaH again to change the video standard back to PAL then try playing a PAL game.

It could be a bug in the XDK code that's trying to run a PAL game in high-definition that does not support it.  The 480p, 720p, 1080i flags would never be enabled on a standard PAL console as they were not available to use with it.

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Disable the Enable 480p, 720p and 1080i options.  I'm not sure they can be changed when the top line: Video Standard is set to PAL.

You might try EnigmaH again, set the Video Standard to NTSC, run the MS dashboard and disable the high resolution modes (you will have to have a high-definition cable connected to see these options to disable them in the video settings), run EnigmaH again to change the video standard back to PAL then try playing a PAL game. 

Unfortunately, the picture is frozen ..

spacer.png

spacer.png

@SS_Dave
I have several xbox consoles. I'm an electronics technician and I'm making modifications. The same hard disk with games, works on all my consoles without any problem.
This is the only console that has problems with PAL games.

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by eustachy1973
  • 5 weeks later...

H

On 7/28/2019 at 9:01 AM, eustachy1973 said:
@SS_Dave
I have several xbox consoles. I'm an electronics technician and I'm making modifications. The same hard disk with games, works on all my consoles without any problem.
This is the only console that has problems with PAL games.

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

Hi, I have the same problem...i've tried with different resolution and settings, I can say that I've tried with a diffrent start in option menù information. Try to push the white toggle, in the pop-up choose start like...and after choose PAL. Some games worked for me...

This is how I run PAL games on my NTSC machine using XBMC4gamers.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

I've a question, how you transfer the files? With a mac?

FTP the same as you would on a PC.  I believe OSX has a command line FTP client you can use from a shell prompt and simple GUI version ??? - a little known feature of OS X.  Plain old FTP connections to the Xbox.  It doesn't support secure logins with SFTP or FTPS.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/02/07/ftp-from-mac/

There are free GUI-based clients for OSX too.  FileZilla is one available for the Mac running OS X:

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=osx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Krassi
      Hello, guys
      Today I updated my softmoded Xbox with Rocky5 softmod and xbmx4gamers ...everything was ok, until I started to download artwork downloader which is over 600 mb and placed it in E:
      In the same time I uploaded a game with size of 4gb by mistake in E: again instead of F:
      So, now the xbox starts green animation and flashes like to start the dashboard, but continue on black screen.
      My only suggestion is that I consumed the entire E: and on that drive  is the xbmc4gamers folder, too....I dont know, but if the dashboard need some space on start maybe that cause the black screen...any ideas to help???
      Also, is it possible to connect the hdd to a pc and xplorer360 app to erace that game from E: and to make some space on that drive???
      Any help is welcome!
      Thank you in advance!!!
    • By xealous
      I have a PAL Xbox, and I need to switch the region. If anyone in the US or maybe Canada could help me out here that would be great. Just trying to avoid the overpriced ebay shipping from the UK.
    • By gt46l
      My issue is that out of all the games I have, probably only every 4th or 5th game actually launches.  The rest just go from whichever dashboard I am using, to a black screen, then back to the dashboard without running at all...  The screen flickers a bit but stays black and its always the exact same amount of time.  Now if its a working game, it works.  It loads instantly, no waiting, and it has no glitches or crashes. 
      First the specs:
      Xbox v1.0 with a OpenXenium modchip recently installed.  I am running 3 different dashes (mostly as incremental troubleshooting steps, not to complicate things).  The first is a softmodded UnleashX using Rocky5's latest.  2nd boots using M8+ bios to XBMC.  3rd boots to EvoX also using M8+.  I upgraded to a 2tb drive and copied over all my original roms, plus a hdd ready set I found on the usual places.  I had done a power fix on the motherboard traces and removed the clock cap after it burst(no corrosion), but that was while it was softmodded for the last 13 years, and its never affected the ability of games or applications to run from disc or hdd
      Troubleshooting:
      I've done all the usual troubleshooting steps like trying both my Component and Composite cables, and forcing resolutions from 1080i down to 480i.  I've attempted to launch all the roms using "launch as NSTC" or "launch as PAL" (forcing PAL-60), and setting regions to auto or default.  I've also read that softmods and hard mods don't like working together, so I reformatted C and put back clean C files for the original MS Dash.  I did not clear out the UDATA or TDATA folders on E, but I wouldn't suspect that to affect launching specific games.  I routinely clean out the drive cache folder, and I have plenty of space free on all my partitions.  I've tried running the games from UnleashX, Evox, XBMC, and game mgr in DVD2Xbox. 
      Thinking perhaps it was just the hdd ready set I obtained was partially bad, I tried getting some redumps of a few of the non-working games.  I XISO'd them using dvdmulleter, burned them to dvd-r, then ripped them to the xbox hdd using DVD2Xbox(patching and ACL processing enabled).  I also tried Qwix to ftp over files from XISOs.  Originally I had FTP'd over the entire 2tb hdd ready set using FileZilla using Binary, but these few games I was testing I must have transferred dozens of times for testing making sure it was set binary and that the xbe's were patched first.  Those redumps function the same as the hdd ready set.  Black screen, then back to dash.  Very consistent... if the game will run, it will run no matter how I get it onto the box.  If not, then black screen.  Where I launch them from has ZERO affect.  All my original rips on the hard drive (made by me over the last decade while the box was softmodded) still function fine, including original discs, and maybe 20% of the hdd ready set. 
      Are there some basic step I've overlooked in the modding process?  I am new to this OpenXenium modchip.  Is there some other bios I should try, either newer or older like M7?  It feels like this old v1.0 xbox may not be liking all this newer software and hardware, but thats just my desperation grasping at straws. 
      Any questions, help, or suggestions?  I felt like this was the best place for this thread, but I'd be happy to ask a mod to move it or start a new one in the correct forum if "games" is not the best place for it.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.