OGXbox.com

UPDATED 06/02!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)

nikeymikey

1 hour ago, MadMartigan said:

From what I can tell on my end, Tenchu is indeed in the artwork installer, but it’s just a generic picture of the title. I’ve run the newest installer several times and it doesn’t download anything but that picture. No spines, 3D, case, dual, or anything. Now that I mention it, the current installer isn’t installing any of that stuff for me. Only the game covers for most games. I’m making one for a friend that only wanted 5 games backed up and Tenchu is the only one o the 5 I cannot for the life of me, get installed properly. 

Hmmmm. Strange. I just installed Techu 3on to my xemu test xbmc4gamer system, ran the installer and all art was installed as it should of been. 

Have you tried doing a refresh? Push white when on the XBMC4gamers games screen and then choose refresh all info. 

Hopefully that will get you sorted but if not i have attached the resources folder for you. Just unzip it and  drop it into your Tenchu Return of Darkness game folder and then do a refresh as explained. 

_resources.zip

I have 'Tenchu: Return From Darkness' installed without issue with all artwork, it's 'Tenchu 3 - Kaiki No Shou (Jpn)'  I'm having issue with as it's not listed in the artwork installer.

What files are in your game _resources/artwork folder MadMartigan? Maybe something to to with your View Settings?

7 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Hmmmm. Strange. I just installed Techu 3on to my xemu test xbmc4gamer system, ran the installer and all art was installed as it should of been. 

Have you tried doing a refresh? Push white when on the XBMC4gamers games screen and then choose refresh all info. 

Hopefully that will get you sorted but if not i have attached the resources folder for you. Just unzip it and  drop it into your Tenchu Return of Darkness game folder and then do a refresh as explained. 

_resources.zip 426.3 kB · 2 downloads

I’ve refreshed more than I prefer and the files you’ve provided got it sorted. I’m not sure why this Xbox doesn’t play nice with the artwork installer. I don’t ever run into this issue, but that’s the fun of working on these. Always something new you’ll find. 

3 hours ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

I have 'Tenchu: Return From Darkness' installed without issue with all artwork, it's 'Tenchu 3 - Kaiki No Shou (Jpn)'  I'm having issue with as it's not listed in the artwork installer.

What files are in your game _resources/artwork folder MadMartigan? Maybe something to to with your View Settings?

No my games are ion my F: partition and artwork is on the E: I’ve set custom paths to E: and everything else worked fine except for Tenchu. Works fine now after I manually installed the pack above. 

On 1/20/2024 at 1:20 PM, extra-ordinary_ said:

That's fantastic. Will try it later.

I'm wondering is it possible to apply artwork to the root folders e.g Applications, Demos etc?

Rooftop over at Emuxtras uploaded his Artwork v3 Collection to the Repo and those are included. Swagger also has a Homebrew pack on there. Both good work.

3 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

Rooftop over at Emuxtras uploaded his Artwork v3 Collection to the Repo and those are included. Swagger also has a Homebrew pack on there. Both good work.

I've got both of those packs. They are all good work, but I found the art for the sources (Apps, Demos etc) didn't go with the rest of my pretty minimal theme. 

12 hours ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

Aha, you didn't say it was the Japanese version you were looking for until now. 

Is this the one? 

image.jpeg.ef532e4097ea2c894371976f7b193664.jpeg

This is literally the ONLY cover art I can find. IF you can find me a scan of the back cover or even a complete full scan then I can create a resource pack from it. If this is all there is out there then I would have to create a generic back cover for it. Much better if we can get the real one tho.....

If someone wants to buy a copy and then scan the cover there is one available on eBay right now..... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133671043598?hash=item1f1f6a420e:g:FtAAAOSwappgMWjq

$96!! Too rich for me. 

Someone out there must own a copy and can scan it :)

EDIT - I have reached out to the eBay seller and asked them if they could scan it for me.... Who knows we might get lucky :)

• nikeymikey changed the title to UPDATED 23/01!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)
56 minutes ago, NokSueCow said:

If you're still working on it, San Francisco Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder are my recommendations. I've only found basic artwork so far, and a boxfront for Rush.

Are they both not N64 games?

Their artwork maybe available through the downloader on XBMC-Emustation... Or have you already looked there? 

I haven't started on my XBMC-Emustation install yet so I have no idea on the art for that.....yet.....

3 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Are they both not N64 games?

Their artwork maybe available through the downloader on XBMC-Emustation... Or have you already looked there? 

I haven't started on my XBMC-Emustation install yet so I have no idea on the art for that.....yet.....

They are part of Midway Arcade Treasures 3, but I downloaded a bunch of games from that series that someone extracted as standalone rips. I played them on the Dreamcast, but they were on N64 as well.

When I scan them in Emustation and Gamers, MAT3 boxart loads which makes sense.

4 minutes ago, NokSueCow said:

They are part of Midway Arcade Treasures 3, but I downloaded a bunch of games from that series that someone extracted as standalone rips. I played them on the Dreamcast, but they were on N64 as well.

When I scan them in Emustation and Gamers, MAT3 boxart loads which makes sense.

Ah that makes sense as to why they don't have their own Artwork then. I wasn't aware that they were available as separate rips. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rachmaninoff said:

Artwork for the Insignia Setup Assistant would be great. Also ElpisHD (the Cerbios specific XboxHD software). Great work. I'll definitely use some of these. Thank you.

How's this for the Insignia app?? (UPDATED) Added to 1st post along with Alt version created by @sweetdarkdestiny seen in the post below.

Not doing a HDMI app one for now.... Can't find any details on it right now. 

image.thumb.png.6cf17ddfeb03a574fc709267dfa08d63.png

• Like 1

• nikeymikey changed the title to UPDATED 04/02!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)
12 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

How's this for the Insignia app?? (UPDATED) Added to 1st post along with Alt version created by @sweetdarkdestiny seen in the post below.

Not doing a HDMI app one for now.... Can't find any details on it right now. 

image.thumb.png.6cf17ddfeb03a574fc709267dfa08d63.png

10 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Thank you both. Looks great!

A few less popular emulators are not in the artwork pack.  TI-99 (Classic99X), Nintendo DS (DesmumeX) , Atari Jaguar (Virtual JaguarX), Sam Coupe (SamCoupeX), NEO GEO (FBC).   The NEO GEO CD has artwork but not the NEO GEO AES console

8 hours ago, RMM said:

A few less popular emulators are not in the artwork pack.  TI-99 (Classic99X), Nintendo DS (DesmumeX) , Atari Jaguar (Virtual JaguarX), Sam Coupe (SamCoupeX), NEO GEO (FBC).   The NEO GEO CD has artwork but not the NEO GEO AES console

OK so I found already created art for all those emus apart from the Neo Geo. 

When you say FBC do you mean Final Burn Consoles? If so then yes I have also found art for that. 

The art I have found comes from a pack made by Rooftop over on emuxtras. I will be making updated full packs using his art later.

The resource folders in Rooftops pack are missing a few items that make up the complete pack and Rooftop has used custom banners that don't match with the standard Xbox banner, hence why I will do some refreshed versions. 

9 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

OK so I found already created art for all those emus apart from the Neo Geo. 

When you say FBC do you mean Final Burn Consoles? If so then yes I have also found art for that. 

The art I have found comes from a pack made by Rooftop over on emuxtras. I will be making updated full packs using his art later.

The resource folders in Rooftops pack are missing a few items that make up the complete pack and Rooftop has used custom banners that don't match with the standard Xbox banner, hence why I will do some refreshed versions. 

Yes, I was referring to Final Burn Consoles.   Many people like the idea of having a separate emulator for the Neo Geo AES games used with the Neo Geo console vs the MVS versions found in the arcade machines which is what Final Burn Legends concentrates on.  

The Neo Geo system was unique it that you could play the exact same arcade game in your home without the need to keep dumping quarters into a machine.  Its why the Neo Geo was so much more expensive than other consoles at the time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RMM said:

Yes, I was referring to Final Burn Consoles.   Many people like the idea of having a separate emulator for the Neo Geo AES games used with the Neo Geo console vs the MVS versions found in the arcade machines which is what Final Burn Legends concentrates on.  

The Neo Geo system was unique it that you could play the exact same arcade game in your home without the need to keep dumping quarters into a machine.  Its why the Neo Geo was so much more expensive than other consoles at the time.

Ok then I will make one for FBC. :)

Thanks for the history lesson but I am old enough to have bought a NeoGeo at retail in the 90's (didn't at the time because of the high cost and parents said no, so I just played on MVS systems in the arcades mainly) but I did get to own both an AES and CD system a few years back. Sold them on after I got bored with the small collection of games I had. Loading was SOOOOO slow on the CD system that even having the fact backups were easy as just burning a disc wasn't enough to make up for it lol. 

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

@RMM

Here are the flat scans, what do you reckon? 

1805505048_TexasTi99-T.jpg.aea33ab695fefa138a2b864118989c72.jpg356442915_SAMCoupe-T.jpg.b3fadfb4bd8b472d0366478adfb4acb5.jpg1400779329_NeoGeoAES-M.jpg.464c94567b20ba684257d7afe7a79521.jpg670316289_AtariJaguar-MT.jpg.28131f96826f466e3cf941139bf064d1.jpg

I will make the full resource packs later on tonight :)

Those look great.  Thanks for the work you have put into all these different additions.  For the Neo Geo one it might be nice to also have one that shows the actual Neo Geo home console.  That way the user can pick either the Final Burn consoles artwork or the one that shows the Neo Geo home system.  If not, no big deal.  Thanks for what you have done.

Edited by RMM
added info

• nikeymikey changed the title to UPDATED 06/02!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)