OGXbox.com

UPDATED 06/02!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)

nikeymikey

35 minutes ago, RMM said:

Those look great.  Thanks for the work you have put into all these different additions.  For the Neo Geo one it might be nice to also have one that shows the actual Neo Geo home console.  That way the user can pick either the Final Burn consoles artwork or the one that shows the Neo Geo home system.  If not, no big deal.  Thanks for what you have done.

The front covers I didn't create, those came from Rooftops pack on EmuXtras. I just added the back cover, spine etc.  I will see about doing one with the console on the front tho :)

• nikeymikey changed the title to UPDATED 06/02!!!! My collection of custom artwork (_resources) for XBMC4Gamers :)

Fantastic work! Does your current cover art include Middle Top for Main Menu Directories (Apps, Homebrew, Etc)? How easy would it be for me to make cover art for custom game sub folders? Here is what I was thinking:

Action/Adventure
Shooter (including First-Person Shooter [FPS] and Third-Person Shooter [TPS])
Role-Playing Games (RPG)
Sports
Racing
Fighting
Platformer
Puzzle/Strategy

NTSC
PAL

E
E10+
T
M

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to find artwork for these three games. Can you either confirm that it exists elsewhere or maybe make artwork for these three? Thanks!

Hyper Sports 2002 Winter (JPN)
Tenku - Freestyle Snowboarding (JPN)
Zan Kabuki (JPN)

I am now realizing that Tenku = Amped and Zan Kabuki = Kabuki Warriors and Hyper Sports = ESPN International Winter Sports 2002. Interesting that Repackinator has these listed as separate games.

Ex-Chaser is also = Black Stone. Is there a reason you have made separate artwork? I am trying to figure out if I should be keeping separate versions of these games.

Edited by Rachmaninoff

32 minutes ago, Rachmaninoff said:

Ex-Chaser is also = Black Stone. Is there a reason you have made separate artwork? I am trying to figure out if I should be keeping separate versions of these games.

Someone requested art for Ex-Chaser as they couldn’t find any. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think you could make something for the Kiosk Discs and OXM Demo Discs? I have 26 Kiosks, and am just starting my hunt for the OXM set. Just 2 simple thumbnails for 4Gamers Root Menu would be perfect.

I'm also looking for all these unreleased games but can't find most of them. I've tried backups, archive, emuxtras ftp.

Edited by NokSueCow

1 hour ago, NokSueCow said:

Think you could make something for the Kiosk Discs and OXM Demo Discs? I have 26 Kiosks, and am just starting my hunt for the OXM set. Just 2 simple thumbnails for 4Gamers Root Menu would be perfect.

I'm also looking for all these unreleased games but can't find most of them. I've tried backups, archive, emuxtras ftp.

IF you can source me some artwork to go on I can knock up some covers easy enough. Dont have the time to run around looking for source art right now tho... 

Do the discs follow a theme? IS there any disc scan sets anywhere? 

I confused your artwork pack for Rooftops, sorry. I use yours as well as his. I posted on Emuxtras asking if he would add them to his repo.

I just started looking for the packs yesterday. I installed 2 of the Kiosk discs and they played fine, so I just got curious how many they were of each set. I found a user on reddit that says they have a source for most of them, but they haven't replied.

The Kiosks I found were on Master13's emuxtras repo, and these are the only 2 thumbnails that I've found that fit the theme.

20240311_180605.jpg

20240311_180654.jpg

I have been obsessing about setting up a XMBC4Gamers main menu and stumbled across this post. Which seems to be really recent so I hope all OK to ask a noob question...

I am trying to get XBMC4gamers to load on a custom home window or menu. Ideally with just 3 entries. Games (XBOX titles on disk), Applications and CoinOPS. That's it...

You can't seem to link to an App on the root menu. Only a sources. If you point to an app folder, when you click it it just opens the folder and not the app.

I found this which was a bit of a revelation:

I managed to set up a shortcut to launch CoinOPS or any other app. But I can't add this to the root menu.

So I created a new folder in E drive. Put the CoinOPS shortcut in there and added this folder as a source in the root menu. Then you can make this new source the default home window with custom views, background etc. Which actually works. You can have shortcuts for any app etc. But I can't add a shortcut to a source (of multiple folders) like games or applications etc. Can this be done in XML and saved as a cut file as well??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I only know how to add a button to the menu, I just tried to do what you asked, and it only allows folders on the Root menu. I have Emustation setup as a custom button, and I have Gamers setup as a custom tile in Emustation. I've never messed with shortcuts.

20240319_155405.thumb.jpg.5e859525576ab145cdacf47ab4610085.jpg20240319_155350.thumb.jpg.7497e05133248b4e1495061b7e42ac2f.jpg

3 hours ago, momenymagic said:
I have been obsessing about setting up a XMBC4Gamers main menu and stumbled across this post. Which seems to be really recent so I hope all OK to ask a noob question...

I am trying to get XBMC4gamers to load on a custom home window or menu. Ideally with just 3 entries. Games (XBOX titles on disk), Applications and CoinOPS. That's it...

You can't seem to link to an App on the root menu. Only a sources. If you point to an app folder, when you click it it just opens the folder and not the app.

I found this which was a bit of a revelation:

I managed to set up a shortcut to launch CoinOPS or any other app. But I can't add this to the root menu.

So I created a new folder in E drive. Put the CoinOPS shortcut in there and added this folder as a source in the root menu. Then you can make this new source the default home window with custom views, background etc. Which actually works. You can have shortcuts for any app etc. But I can't add a shortcut to a source (of multiple folders) like games or applications etc. Can this be done in XML and saved as a cut file as well??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If you want a folder with 2 folders inside it that take you to different content then add the 2 folders to a folder and point the source to the root folder. Make sure fast game parsing is disabled or it will treat folders like xbe files. (You will be notified if it’s enabled)

So exmaple:

E:\Example\
E:\Example\Coinops.cut
E:\Example\Games\shortcuts here
E:\Example\Applications\shotcuts here

Edited by Rocky5

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

Just noticed that Enigmah's xml says Mouse Test App. The Mouse Test App's xml is correct, though.

Any chance of making artwork for XCAT, the new dlc app?

Enigmah XML has been fixed, thanks for noticing the error :) 

As far as XCAT goes if there is some existing art/logo that can be used to create a cover then I can knock something up. Point me it and ill take a look. 

8 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

As far as XCAT goes if there is some existing art/logo that can be used to create a cover then I can knock something up. Point me it and ill take a look. 

The wiki is the only art I've came across. Just a green X with XCAT logo, and a few screenshots.