OGXbox.com

Debunking MakeMHz

NeMesiS

ADCreHfGoURGKx0Zu9cG5n_Vz2P7aVwGuIwaSWgr

ADCreHfEuUmMkD7M_Qxbmv6vxiuj41ra3EmPnP30

I've been sitting on this for a few weeks now, But I think it's perfect timing to announce the Stellar Elimination Module.

Above is a minimalistic 3.3v version that I retro fitted to my XeniumICE modchip, there's also a 5v version.

These will be OpenSource along with the ST-Link adaptor, including Gerbers, BOM and Schematics within the next week or so.

I would say that the MakeMHz XboxHD+ Legacy addon has already become obsolete within 24 hours of its release.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

ADCreHefF1iHYC0tAd-gfiGjPAIsn_iLEUcdi5va

Programming with "STM32CubeProgrammer" is very straight forward...

However, some STLinkV2 clones will only work with "STM32ST-Link Utility"
Above are the setting used to connect to the STM32F030 via STLinkv2.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:)

I can not even begin to express my happiness with this. Now I understand why people wanted me to shut the hell up and let Nem do his thing. What are they gonna do, stop making the HD+? Doubtful, at least for the time being. This is such unbelieveably justified Karma. This brings joy to my heart. Thank you for this early Christmas gift.

... Guess I'll buy an HD+ now and put it in my designated Nemesis console that already has his HDD caddy kit and will soon have one of his Xeniums in it, hand built, of course. If he develops an HDMI mod, I will replace the MakeMHZ encoder with his... although for now, I will enjoy having my Nemesis box feature an HD+ alongside a creation of Nemesis making it possible to do so in the first place. I'm ordering what I can now. Let's hear it for open source!

Long live Nemesis!

• Like 2

The one unfair side to this (not taking sides or attacking.   Offering a point of view) is best seen by reversing the roles.  By the attack here, you suggest you shouldn’t/don’t make any money off of the things you make.  The time and energy and resources you put into your designs is worth nothing… your firmware you spent time on is worth nothing.  Simply because you hate someone… anything the individual does is shit and a scam and overpriced.   I believe everyone has a right to an opinion… I just love for this to be place of knowledge and help instead of shit bashing. I, personally, feel all the toxicity hides/masks/diminishes the value of this place.  With that said… nice work… by open sourcing… I’ll be excited to see the changes to the design. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

@ErnegienThis will probably help your sales, in the long run. People can now buy your crippled encoder for 60 bucks and virtually nothing more. Now they won't need to pay another 25 bucks... or you could just start selling your old encoder that has this chip on it and do the right thing. 

This is what I’m talking about. Why attack?  It was a valid question for those interested to know.  While could’ve been worked different… some may not want to build/buy something that may need other’s copyrighted work (all code is copyrighted by law). So why attack him?  Because you don’t agree? Only one opinion matters and all others are wrong.  I’m only pointing out this post because even you’ve admitted you need to clam down (not in those words).   Rant over 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

This is what I’m talking about. Why attack?  It was a valid question for those interested to know.  While could’ve been worked different… some may not want to build/buy something that may need other’s copyrighted work (all code is copyrighted by law). So why attack him?  Because you don’t agree? Only one opinion matters and all others are wrong.  I’m only pointing out this post because even you’ve admitted you need to clam down (not in those words).   Rant over 

7 minutes ago, Milenko said:

@Bowlsnappertheres a better way to state your support for someone, or the fact you don't like another.

This aint it, and all it does is fuel the fire.

You're probably right.

I'm out.

24 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Not saying that.  Your voice matters too.  Just asking to not attack… that neither side attacks.  Please speak your opinion. 

I appreciate that brother. I have a very very hard time expressing my opinion without instigating, it seems like. I have a lot of strong opinions about MakeMHZ and it's hard to get those across without getting emotional about it... Which probably seems a bit pathetic, but there it is. 😛

My opinion is: An HDMI encoder with this IC should still be sold by MakeMHZ. I believe that this is what people want and deserve. I believe that things have been done that place priority of profit above that of unity, choice and freedom. I believe that Nemesis feels this way and feels strongly that he is doing the right thing and trying to right a wrong. That is why he is putting effort into these projects. To fight for what he believes is the right thing. If he were doing it for profit, why would he tell people that they can buy a 2 dollar part and just flash it? How does that make HIM money? This is an empty accusation.

All I truly want at the end of the day is unity. I feel that MakeMHZ has divided the scene with their practices in self serving interests. As well as coming on here and accusing Nemesis of stealing their shit all the time and shifting accountability and responsibility and basically deflecting. This has provoked a HUGE emotional response in me and I am so sorry to everybody for not being able to contain it very well.

if MakeMHZ wants to do what is right for us, and for them, they should start producing the original encoder. This will sell pretty well now, I assume, since Cerbios is being patched to enable HDMI to be used with the bios. There is no reason for that IC to be off of the MakeMHZ encoder other than to lock it to the chip. Stop that.

Enough senseless devision and greediness. Let's end this and have everybody be happy.

That is my opinion in the least provocative and antagonistic framing possible. :)

So then question….  If you don’t agree with it, why not just not buy it and move on?  Money speaks volumes.  I, personally, understand the research and money and time that went into making something like this and think they deserve to make money and sell how they want.  Market will dictate if they make right choice. I see the value and have purchased a couple. It sounds like you like the product… just not the price/sales scheme? 

sorry @NeMesiS didn’t mean to detract from your post.   (Last message of this kind in your post… sorry again)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

So then question….  If you don’t agree with it, why not just not buy it and move on?  Money speaks volumes.  I, personally, understand the research and money and time that went into making something like this and think they deserve to make money and sell how they want.  Market will dictate if they make right choice. I see the value and have purchased a couple. It sounds like you like the product… just not the price/sales scheme? 

sorry @NeMesiS didn’t mean to detract from your post.   (Last message of this kind in your post… sorry again)

I would just leave it at that and let the money do the speaking. I believe that doing what they are doing is a self crippling business model and that karma would prevail on its own. Remember Dr. Grant and Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park? "Life will find a way." And it has. They are shooting themselves in the foot. If they hadn't crippled the encoder intentionally in an attempt to corner the market, this thread and future product of Nem's would not even EXIST.

However, them coming on here and attacking Nemesis for trying to give us freedom is the thing that really bothers me... Otherwise I would have no reason to post. Look at Ernegien's posts. That's what doesn't rub me right. Them making poor decisions on their own and failing because of it is fine, but attacking the competition because he poses a threat and accusing him of stealing shit over and over and over with no evidence? That makes me upset and indignant. It makes me cheer for Nem even harder.

Make sense?

2 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I would just leave it at that and let the money do the speaking. I believe that doing what they are doing is a self crippling business model and that karma would prevail on its own. Remember Dr. Grant and Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park? "Life will find a way." And it has. They are shooting themselves in the foot. If they hadn't crippled the encoder intentionally in an attempt to corner the market, this thread and future product of Nem's would not even EXIST.

However, them coming on here and attacking Nemesis for trying to give us freedom is the thing that really bothers me... Otherwise I would have no reason to post. Look at Ernegien's posts. That's what doesn't rub me right. Them making poor decisions on their own and failing because of it is fine, but attacking the competition because he poses a threat and accusing him of stealing shit over and over and over with no evidence? That makes me upset and indignant. It makes me cheer for Nem even harder.

Make sense?

Makes sense.   I don’t agree with any attacking as stated early. But if it appears he’s making a clone of others work (I don’t know and not accusing), I could see someone being upset. If you spent thousands on R&D, and someone just copied it and sold it cheaper (since they don’t have research and money in it developing it)… would you not be mad?  I hope Nem’s is something better and not simply a copy.  I do like his original designs… so I’m sure the HD will be original.    Sorry. Lied Nem.   Won’t post again unless regard original post 

14 minutes ago, ACE_AU said:

AWESOME work as always NeM! I will be installing half a dozen of these over the coming weeks 😜

That's what I'm saying. I just got OX parts to build with and I will be building these as well. My first complete kit will be the nemesis console I have with the HDD caddy kit in it. I finally ordered something from MakeMHZ... See? I'm already a customer now! 😛

15 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Makes sense.   I don’t agree with any attacking as stated early. But if it appears he’s making a clone of others work (I don’t know and not accusing), I could see someone being upset. If you spent thousands on R&D, and someone just copied it and sold it cheaper (since they don’t have research and money in it developing it)… would you not be mad?  I hope Nem’s is something better and not simply a copy.  I do like his original designs… so I’m sure the HD will be original.    Sorry. Lied Nem.   Won’t post again unless regard original post 

I know what you're saying, buddy. I do. But I really want to drill home the point that MakeMHZ probably deserves this and that they've earned it. I believe that Karma has been served and that this is a lesson they will have to learn from, basically. If you were talking about a company that had not done things like MakeMHZ has and that people loved and respected universally and by majority, then I would be in full agreement with you... but man,  we all know that MakeMHZ is not very well liked or respected by most people and for good reason. Morality has to count for something, doesn't it? Nem seems much more stronger of character and decency than the people I've seen that represent MakeMHZ. Even that alone is worth noting.

I'm usually pretty good with words, Cat. I find it interesting that I can't really seem to state impartial facts and opinions about makemhz without it turning out to be an attack... is that really MY fault? Or are they perhaps on the wrong side of history here and impossible to be impartial about? That may sound like deflection and I hope it isn't, but isn't it a fair point?

'AAAARRG! Enough already from me! I don't wanna hear myself striking keys anymore! 😛

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That's what I'm saying. I just got OX parts to build with and I will be building these as well. My first complete kit will be the nemesis console I have with the HDD caddy kit in it.

I know what you're saying, buddy. I do. But I really want to drill home the point that MakeMHZ probably deserves this and that they've earned it. I believe that Karma has been served and that this is a lesson they will have to learn from, basically. If you were talking about a company that had not done things like MakeMHZ has and that people loved and respected universally and by majority, then I would be in full agreement with you... but man,  we all know that MakeMHZ is not very well liked or respected by most people and for good reason. Morality has to count for something, doesn't it? Nem seems much more stronger of character and decency than the people I've seen that represent MakeMHZ. Even that alone is worth noting.

AAAARRG! Enough already from me! I don't wanna hear myself striking keys anymore! 😛

Of course they deserve this.  The lie that putting the chip on Stellar and forcing us to buy the $160 bundle.  Now for $70 ish you can get hd+, parts only (Modchip or tsop still required) means it's cheaper than the older $100 hd+ - I can see Dustin making the hd+ $100 now and the Stellar $60 LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Of course they deserve this.  The lie that putting the chip on Stellar and forcing us to buy the $160 bundle.  Now for $70 ish you can get hd+, parts only (Modchip or tsop still required) means it's cheaper than the older $100 hd+ - I can see Dustin making the hd+ $100 now and the Stellar $60 LOL

I'm just glad I got one for 60 bucks last night while I could. :P

Screenshot-20231201-131359.png

Literally right when I posted that I bought one... THE VERY MINUTE I made that last post I got this email. Sigh... another disappointing decision on their part... Just to spite me. :( It's unfortunate that this sort of thing seems to be their MO. It's more important for them to spite me than it is to succeed as a business the right way and accept my money. Very professional, guys. You're obviously watching the thread pretty closely if you canceled my order the very MINUTE I posted that I bought one last night. You guys are WEIRD.

"We don't need your money, man!" lol, okay, then I'll just give it to somebody else.

How could I not dislike this company?

Screenshot-20231201-132757.png

... "Life will find a way." 

NIce try though! ;) Hope you got a little chuckle out of preventing me from ordering an HD+ for like, 5 minutes. Lol.

• Like 1

I am going to TRY to live by my own words and encourage peace around here and NOT be a hypocrite. Let me leave this particular debate/topic with this:

Dustin has the opportunity to leave his past behind and rise above it. I believe EVERYBODY deserves a second chance if they have changed and are demonstrating to others that they have done so. I like to find the good and highest potential in everybody and actively seek it out. I try to find reasons to have faith in humanity and it makes my life so much better to make friends rather than enemies.

MakeMHZ is Dustin's opportunity to do this. Stellar is a GOOD chip and has SO MUCH FREAKING POTENTIAL. The HD+ kit is pretty nice too. But this company is going about things ALL wrong and it is such a huge, disappointing waste of an opportunity. I would like to see a business like this succeed... but how can I support it after everything I've seen?

No, this, unfortunately is Karma. This response by the community is something that was borne from bad business practices and repeated middle fingers to the community. That is my very strong belief. If MakeMHZ wants to dig their own grave, then let them.

I will reply in this thread to the OP, as @Dtomcat18has said he would as well.

• Like 1