nikeymikey

Does Anyone Out There Have a Broken X3cp?

As the title says, i am after someone who has a broken X3cp, Specifically i am after a replacement button from the front of the panel. I have a Crtystal panel but unfortunately over the years the write protect button has fallen off and is now missing :( 

Is there anyone out there who has one that i can buy from them for a reasonable price??? Or even someone who has a 3d printer that can print a replacement button???

I know its a long shot but i hope theres someone out there who can make my xbox look perfect again :)

Its not the round ones i need its the rectangular one at the very end for the write protect, Ive looked through all those but i cannot find any transparent ones that would allow the light to shine through. 

AU $12.53 | 13valuesx10pcs=130pcs Caps for 7*7 8*8mm 7x7 8x8mm Selflock Tactile Push Button Switch
Please login or register to see this link.

plenty on there mate 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

33 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

I was hoping not to have to buy 100 at a time lol

I need one as well. If you want to go in half, I am in, if you are in the US, otherwise probably not worth it for either of us.

I’m in the uk unfortunately... I’m looking into getting one 3D printed at the moment. Just not sure wether it would end up transparent enough to let the light shine through.

there is a video on youtube where he shows how to cast xbox controller buttons in polyester or epoxy resin, you could do something like that to make a new button.

the whole reason for the video is to make clear buttons for rgb lit controllers.

Please login or register to see this link.

i used this very idea to make a button for a hifi i was restoring, i made a model of the button i wanted out of a large pencil eraser then cast it with poly resin (i had some black resin in stock), you can use a small tube of epoxy to do the same job too, you can even get some that dry clear.

that would work for you.

Thanks but ive found a place in Switzerland that still has X3 Pro Switches in stock, only problem is they will only post to Switzerland. Trying to persuade them to post one to the UK as we speak :)

Thanks, @John7272.

I can print these buttons if you'd like.  Here's a video of what I printed for someone.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ogxbox/permalink/2437507323186676/

Here's a link to my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMODShopByTEK/

I'm more active on the Facebook OGXBOX forum than here these days.  Feel free to contact me there.  Cheers.