OGXbox.com

another xbox

lopenator

no kidding about Goodwill.  you used to be able to occasionally find a good deal, but now where I live, they consolidate all consoles to one area and only sell online...they go for market value or slightly above, but gone are the days where you could get all excited about finding a deal.

When I used to sell an Xbox on ebay years ago, I waited for their £1 max fee listings or the 80% off seller fee listing as they call it too. Then use that and list as buy it now. (Don't let it renew in 30 days though if unsold as you'll pay full fees then) - set a fair price and it will often sell.

Presume they have the same offer stateside as well? If not then that's a rough call.

5 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

When I used to sell an Xbox on ebay years ago, I waited for their £1 max fee listings or the 80% off seller fee listing as they call it too. Then use that and list as buy it now. (Don't let it renew in 30 days though if unsold as you'll pay full fees then) - set a fair price and it will often sell.

Presume they have the same offer stateside as well? If not then that's a rough call.

I haven't seen anything like that in years here stateside.  I haven't been consistently on ebay here in the states so I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but that would be cool if they did that.

30 minutes ago, arfows said:

no kidding about Goodwill.  you used to be able to occasionally find a good deal, but now where I live, they consolidate all consoles to one area and only sell online...they go for market value or slightly above, but gone are the days where you could get all excited about finding a deal.

I've NEVER seen consoles at goodwill. I just assume they do the same thing with them as they do with decent TV's and ship them off to be sold on the goodwill website or whatever they do with them.

37 minutes ago, arfows said:

dude I saw a filthy cracked nes good will had for sale behind a glass counter. 1 controller and no PSU. they wanted 150. lmfao yeah right. I guarantee the thing pin connector doesn't even work. I bet you if I asked to try to boot it right there even if it has a PSU it would just blink.

that's how much I would sell my mint condition nesrgb for lmao

I feel so bad for the person who bought that.

Edited by lopenator
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

It's listed. Thank you for the tips. I just hope I'm not asking too much because I don't wanna be evil, just trying to get what it's worth. If you guys think it's too high, honestly, tell me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175878859569

Looks pretty awesome.  Couple of recommendations to help drive views and or follow through clicks:

- Have the first (title) pic be fully lit so people can recognize/identify with what it is, then have the next pic be the one in the dark with the console lit up

- Have well lit pics (aka room lights on) of all of the sides, and especially so people can see the two stickers on the bottom.  If someone is going to shell out that kind of cash, they'll want to know exactly what it looks like

- Have a pic of the XBOX with all of the accessories/cables/controllers, and then also have a pic with all of the accessories without the console

- Put more details in the description of XBOX specs (what version, DVD drive OEM, what exactly comes with it), and anything you've done (light mods, thermal paste, cap replacement, and if it comes from a pet/smoke free home.  These details are generally allowed in the description from what I've seen.  I don't know what you put in your original title or listing that got banned, but I searched for "original xbox XBMC" and some of the active listings that popped up, so somehow those made it through the copyright algorithm:

Custom original xbox with extras https://www.ebay.com/itm/225734853857

original xbox bundle with xbmc softmod...https://www.ebay.com/itm/256193305383

128MB ram 2 TB HDD original xbox with x2.6 CE https://www.ebay.com/itm/266390381927

Lastly, I can't comment on the pricing strategy other than the fact that since you listed it with a reserve price, I'd consider lowering the starting price to attract more clicks and potential bidders...since it can't sell under the reserve price, you aren't in any danger there.  

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, arfows said:

Looks pretty awesome.  Couple of recommendations to help drive views and or follow through clicks:

- Have the first (title) pic be fully lit so people can recognize/identify with what it is, then have the next pic be the one in the dark with the console lit up

- Have well lit pics (aka room lights on) of all of the sides, and especially so people can see the two stickers on the bottom.  If someone is going to shell out that kind of cash, they'll want to know exactly what it looks like

- Have a pic of the XBOX with all of the accessories/cables/controllers, and then also have a pic with all of the accessories without the console

- Put more details in the description of XBOX specs (what version, DVD drive OEM, what exactly comes with it), and anything you've done (light mods, thermal paste, cap replacement, and if it comes from a pet/smoke free home.  These details are generally allowed in the description from what I've seen.  I don't know what you put in your original title or listing that got banned, but I searched for "original xbox XBMC" and some of the active listings that popped up, so somehow those made it through the copyright algorithm:

Custom original xbox with extras https://www.ebay.com/itm/225734853857

original xbox bundle with xbmc softmod...https://www.ebay.com/itm/256193305383

128MB ram 2 TB HDD original xbox with x2.6 CE https://www.ebay.com/itm/266390381927

Lastly, I can't comment on the pricing strategy other than the fact that since you listed it with a reserve price, I'd consider lowering the starting price to attract more clicks and potential bidders...since it can't sell under the reserve price, you aren't in any danger there.  

Good luck!

I'll do that :) thank you! Cables are being used and will be very clearly stated in the listing. I'll replace the cables when I receive the money. But I'm not gonna sell a console without cables and a controller. That would be lame. lol

Oh, I think I saw your halo unit this morning. Does it really cost $83 to ship? I see that S&H amount frequently on xbox listings and wonder to myself what it's based on. I tried the USPS postage calculator to see how much I'd pay to mail an xbox. Even factoring in a little larger box size to accommodate some thick bubble wrap it's about $26.

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

they whined about copyright infringement

Was it the pics of the emulator roms? Adding some horsecrap to your listing about "ripped from legally owned games" may help you there.

Edited by fox
  • Like 1

Hey bowlsnaper, in germany we have something called classifieds...formerly evilbay classifieds. This is completely without rip-off fees and from private to private. Personally, I don't buy anything from evilbay anymore because I don't have any money to give away or don't begrudge these people. Perhaps you have such a platform over there. In this country, moon prices are required and, in addition, a decent "retro" fee... what a pity.

Hope you understand my english.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fox said:

Oh, I think I saw your halo unit this morning. Does it really cost $83 to ship? I see that S&H amount frequently on xbox listings and wonder to myself what it's based on. I tried the USPS postage calculator to see how much I'd pay to mail an xbox. Even factoring in a little larger box size to accommodate some thick bubble wrap it's about $26.

Was it the pics of the emulator roms? Adding some horsecrap to your listing about "ripped from legally owned games" may help you there.

Yes, that was the one, fox. It's just calculated shipping based on the two locations. I highly doubt it would be that high. I'm sure it would end up in the 20s or 30s. I've had bad experiences with things being way too expensive to ship, So I'd probably get a flat rate box and then just make sure to package it well. Since I couldn't be descriptive in the listing, I tried to take lots of pictures of what was on there. Also tried to be as honest as I could about any shortcomings like the feet missing, mentioning that they're pretty cheap and can be replaced easily. I honestly forgot about them until I listed the unit or I would have just done it myself. Lol.

Ripped from legally owned games... That's an interesting suggestion. I like that! Lol.

8 hours ago, ChriZz said:

Hey bowlsnaper, in germany we have something called classifieds...formerly evilbay classifieds. This is completely without rip-off fees and from private to private. Personally, I don't buy anything from evilbay anymore because I don't have any money to give away or don't begrudge these people. Perhaps you have such a platform over there. In this country, moon prices are required and, in addition, a decent "retro" fee... what a pity.

Hope you understand my english.

Yes. It's actually still on craigslist. And of course the second somebody made the minimum bid on eBay, I got an email from craigslist. Lol.

I understood you fine buddy! :)

• Haha 1

eBay seriously need a decent competitor to stomp them down a bit.  Between the cut they take and owning PayPal and taking cuts there also. Then making it darn near imposible to not use PayPal.  And then always siding with the purchaser, when they say my item didnt arrive, boo hoo.  When the courier has a picture of them taking the package at their door, apparently that not proof enough. Refund issued and no item. Would have been cheaper to just throw the item in the trash.

IMO I think if you use the word. “Rare” or “vintage” then eBay should take 26.5% commision.  

Most thing listed as rare or vintage are about as vintage as the latest iPhone.

Edited by big F

1 hour ago, big F said:

eBay seriously need a decent competitor to stomp them down a bit.  Between the cut they take and owning PayPal and taking cuts there also. Then making it darn near imposible to not use PayPal.  And then always siding with the purchaser, when they say my item didnt arrive, boo hoo.  When the courier has a picture of them taking the package at their door, apparently that not proof enough. Refund issued and no item. Would have been cheaper to just throw the item in the trash.

IMO I think if you use the word. “Rare” or “vintage” then eBay should take 26.5% commision.  

Most thing listed as rare or vintage are about as vintage as the latest iPhone.

Something happening with the sale and eBay fucking me over is exactly what I'm worried about. I tried to be as accurate as I could in the listing and list any flaws... basically only one. The fucking feet, which I forgot about until I listed it.

1 hour ago, big F said:

This.

That dumbass word only deserves to be used for wines. It's like, motherf***er, did your "vintage" this or that made in 2015 grow on a vine? Yeah, no. BTW even your kid is older...and I wouldn't pay you 5 cents for him. So don't try to sell me some marked up junk they only made millions of units of just yesterday. Pffft...

"vintage"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fox said:

This.

That dumbass word only deserves to be used for wines. It's like, motherf***er, did your "vintage" this or that made in 2015 grow on a vine? Yeah, no. BTW even your kid is older...and I wouldn't pay you 5 cents for him. So don't try to sell me some marked up junk they only made millions of units of just yesterday. Pffft...

"vintage"

amen to this shit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bowl,

Been following this effort on ebay.  ebay states they charge a reserve fee whether or not the item sells.  From their webpage: "7.5% of reserve price, whichever is greater (maximum fee $250)

Charged whether or not your item sells"

Have they charged you for that?  That's like a minimum of $22 each time it lists, unless its a one time charge, but they don't make note of that...anyway, just wanted to make sure you were tracking that so you didn't get surprised by the fees.