OGXbox.com

another xbox

lopenator

57 minutes ago, lopenator said:

just got a xbox. it doesn't seem like it's ever been opened before but it's missing the GPU heatsink clamp. all the stickers were still in place when I got it. are there any alternative for the clamps I can use or do I need to buy one from feebay?

xbox

It's a common clamp with older Socket 7 and Socket 370 chipset heatsinks.

8 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If you need one, I will mail it to you lope. I'm sure I have one around here.

dude if you have one that you can spare I would be very grateful. on eBay they want like 20plus bucks. ridiculous. I can't find one anywhere else.

Edited by lopenator

11 minutes ago, lopenator said:

No i dont need a heatsink. I need the retention clamp.

If you find a heatsink on an old motherboard, I'm pretty sure it will be held in place with a heatsink clamp. The clamping mechanism is often identical.

Do you have any electronics surplus stores or e-waste management locations you could visit?

Edited by Marty

Just now, Marty said:

If you find a heatsink on an old motherboard, I'm pretty sure it will be held in place with a heatsink clamp.

Do you have any electronics surplus stores or e-waste management locations you could visit?

I just got an xbox and it had the heatsink, but no retention clamp. There are a few stores around, but these are old sockets and dont think ill have much luck

16 hours ago, lopenator said:

if you have one that you can spare I would be very grateful. on eBay they want like 20plus bucks. ridiculous. I can't find one anywhere else.

It's basically price gouging, I don't know what the problem is with ebayers nowadays. Wasn't too long ago that clamp would be $5...at most.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

With eBay fees… I’m not surprised.

It's not an excuse. I heard that ebay raised the percentages of the cuts they take but the price increases on things are out of proportion to those. Sellers are getting greedier.

While we're at it, another thing I hate is when some jagoff raises the price on a listing just because you clicked on it. His dusty old radio or broken console or whatever is lying ignored in the back corner of ebay all year long, finally someone looks at it so later that day he shoots the price up by $5 to $30 ... like your ONE potential customer is not gonna notice and get turned off? Don't insult my intelligence. And don't expect a purchase from me now.

When/if I ever sell stuff on ebay I'll never be one of those people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fox said:

It's not an excuse. I heard that ebay raised the percentages of the cuts they take but the price increases on things are out of proportion to those. Sellers are getting greedier.

While we're at it, another thing I hate is when some jagoff raises the price on a listing just because you clicked on it. His dusty old radio or broken console or whatever is lying ignored in the back corner of ebay all year long, finally someone looks at it so later that day he shoots the price up by $5 to $30 ... like your ONE potential customer is not gonna notice and get turned off? Don't insult my intelligence. And don't expect a purchase from me now.

When/if I ever sell stuff on ebay I'll never be one of those people.

I love the Carlin rant. Awesome. :)

Fuck Ebay. I just tried to list the Halo Edition I worked my ass off on and I posted about and they whined about copyright infringement. SO much for listing it there. I can't even tell people what I'm selling and can't justify the price. I'm pretty sure the item is fucking blacklisted now anyway. I could probably post it with a blank description and they wouldn't let me list it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of it.

11 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I love the Carlin rant. Awesome. :)

Fuck Ebay. I just tried to list the Halo Edition I worked my ass off on and I posted about and they whined about copyright infringement. SO much for listing it there. I can't even tell people what I'm selling and can't justify the price. I'm pretty sure the item is fucking blacklisted now anyway. I could probably post it with a blank description and they wouldn't let me list it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of it.

Just keep the title simple, list the hardware only. In the details again, refrain from anything but hardware spec, list it like a PC. Don't mention about dashes or software or anything. Buyers will see its a Halo edition etc. Set the price for the spec and what you want for it. You can show extras in the pics like the dash etc, buyers will look.

Short and sweet. You'll get no bother then. Sometimes you can add a disclaimer in the details (no infringement/games etc), but I wouldn't bother.

• Thanks 1

Ebay commission is now at 13.25%, was less than 8% when I first started listing.  And if you want to sell something with a reserve price, that's an additional 7.5% and is charged even if the item doesn't sell (aka meet your minimum price) so anything you'd normally sell auction style with an undervalued starting bid to generate interest but were protected by your minimum (reserve) price, you can't really do anymore.  So more people are listing 'buy it now' style at higher prices especially on rare or harder to find stuff cuz they figure if you are looking for it and need it you'll pay for it.  Frustrating.

I've migrated all of my local selling to Offer Up which is a more polished Craigslist, (but still full of people flaking on you), however their fees for country wide listings mirror ebay so I'm stuck with using ebay for a lot of things.

16 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Just keep the title simple, list the hardware only. In the details again, refrain from anything but hardware spec, list it like a PC. Don't mention about dashes or software or anything. Buyers will see its a Halo edition etc. Set the price for the spec and what you want for it. You can show extras in the pics like the dash etc, buyers will look.

Short and sweet. You'll get no bother then. Sometimes you can add a disclaimer in the details (no infringement/games etc), but I wouldn't bother.

It's listed. Thank you for the tips. I just hope I'm not asking too much because I don't wanna be evil, just trying to get what it's worth. If you guys think it's too high, honestly, tell me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175878859569

• Like 2