OGXbox.com

files fail

stephen mell

It could be a bad dump or missing files after FTPing as ^ ^^ suggested but it also could be something else quite simple like: how they were installed.

From the sound of it the OP is not having the problem with just one game. I can't recall if I've ever seen an HDD installed game provoke that dirty disc error, I think not, usually you just get a blank screen and/or the dash reloads.

So more information about how they were installed might help.

6 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

I can't recall if I've ever seen an HDD installed game provoke that dirty disc error

I did see that on hdd ready games, but to be fair, like you said, I also think its something else. I think its more something to do with the way of transfering the files. What would be the chance that the op just uploaded all select games that give problems?

8 hours ago, HDShadow said:

It could be a bad dump or missing files after FTPing as ^ ^^ suggested but it also could be something else quite simple like: how they were installed.

From the sound of it the OP is not having the problem with just one game. I can't recall if I've ever seen an HDD installed game provoke that dirty disc error, I think not, usually you just get a blank screen and/or the dash reloads.

So more information about how they were installed might help.

.... Just for shits and giggles, do the transfer instead with fatxplorer 3.0 over USB. See if the ftp is doing something with your filenames.

13 hours ago, stephen mell said:

hi can anyone help? when i download files from internet archive hdd ready files for my og xbox when i go to play them all i get is the disc you are using must be damaged or dirty ???. help 

You're burning .ISO's to DVD-R or DVD+R?

11 hours ago, HDShadow said:

can't recall if I've ever seen an HDD installed game provoke that dirty disc error, I think not, usually you just get a blank screen and/or the dash reloads.

I’ve definitely had a few games throw that error from the HDD ready pack. Most of them were simply bad transfers. After  queued again with the “overwrite if newer or different size” option, they would work. Also can’t stress how much more successful single file transfer is vs. multiple files at once. 

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

.... Just for shits and giggles, do the transfer instead with fatxplorer 3.0 over USB. See if the ftp is doing something with your filenames.

You’ll find that most people don’t have a working usb to IDE adapter lying around. I still find myself using FileZilla half the time anyway because it becomes a major pain in the arse to keep connecting and d/c. Guess it all depends on what your transferring to and how much. 

7 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

I’ve definitely had a few games throw that error from the HDD ready pack. Most of them were simply bad transfers. After  queued again with the “overwrite if newer or different size” option, they would work. Also can’t stress how much more successful single file transfer is vs. multiple files at once. 

You’ll find that most people don’t have a working usb to IDE adapter lying around. I still find myself using FileZilla half the time anyway because it becomes a major pain in the arse to keep connecting and d/c. Guess it all depends on what your transferring to and how much. 

If you have a SATA mounted in the tray, it is indeed a gigantic pain in the ass. But it might be worth trying if multiple troubleshooting methods fail.

I know I never wanna open my X3 box again. I HATE taking the HDD out. :)

15 hours ago, stephen mell said:

But every time I download a file filzilla checks it for errors never any errors.

If the original download files are faulty or there's something missing then FileZilla is not going to report any error when you FTP them to your Xbox.

Can you post some file manager screenshots of where/how the games are installed and the content; typically that will be E, F or G:\Games\Game Name\content?

4 minutes ago, stephen mell said:

no down loading files stright to my hard drive?.

You want to find a guide on how to play games from ISO on your XBOX.

The easiest way would be to run with Cerbios and configure the launcher through XBMC4Gamers.

Also, you'll be better off upgrading the stock hard drive....

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stephen mell said:

hi i have upgraded my harddrive 160 gig i am running xbmc evostation.

XBMC-Emustation ???

Upload the XISO file to the E, F or G:\Game folder.  Run the XISO to HDD Installer script to move the dot iso into subfolder of the Games directory and to create the attach app for the disc image.  Reboot.  The game should now be added to the Games menu to play it.