OGXbox.com

TSOP OG XBOX 1.0 Without softmod possible?

theoner

hi,

i have og xbox retail and i dont have any disck for soft mode but

i have arduino nano so i used it to backup eeprom and now i have hdd key and i can acess to hdd

so i need help for next step to tsop and flash bios cerbios if possible 

my hdd is a original 20gb ide seagate

one more think cerbios is the best bios for my case or need somthink else?

46 minutes ago, theoner said:

i think 1.0

spacer.png

GPU fan automatically signals a 1.0 console. Sometimes people perform fan upgrades on non-1.0 consoles but not very often.  1.0 motherboards will have a legitimate GPU fan header. That and the single-row PSU hookup.

Look at the HDD. are you SURE it's 20GB, or is that your impression of what size a stock drive is? Look at the label on the drive. How big is it?

The first thing to my knowledge is you need to validate which revision of board you have and make sure that you are aware of which one you have thoroughly.

once you've located the TSOP you need to figure out who the manufacturer is

That will set you in the direction you need to go from there

Edited by Tartarus

33 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

The first thing to my knowledge is you need to validate which revision of board you have and make sure that you are aware of which one you have thoroughly.

once you've located the TSOP you need to figure out who the manufacturer is

That will set you in the direction you need to go from there

all that i s already done 

i have xbox 1.0

tsop samsung

i flashed t with cerbios alpha and now i got boot loop after flash i see logo cerbios then xbox logo then reboot

an no boot cd work only slayer boot cd 

so i have installed new dash evox and same problem remain

i dont now what to do now

33 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

2 hours ago, theoner said:

all that i s already done 

i have xbox 1.0

tsop samsung

i flashed t with cerbios alpha and now i got boot loop after flash i see logo cerbios then xbox logo then reboot

Never seen it get to that point and then just fucking restart. Usually if it has a problem it just gives an error like the MS dash.

15 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Never seen it get to that point and then just fucking restart. Usually if it has a problem it just gives an error like the MS dash.

Maybe the OP did not has removed / set up his HDD after the TSOP flash to get rid of the softmod files and now these files are causing the trouble. Would also be possible.

4 hours ago, theoner said:

flashed t with cerbios alpha and now i got boot loop after flash i see logo cerbios then xbox logo then reboot

Do you remember which version of Cerbios you used to flash? You should be choosing the UDMA 2 option for a stock HDD. If you chose anything higher, then you will experience problems as those are for Sata or SSD HDDs. 

Edit: I don’t see any mention that you connected the proper points on the mobo to perform the TSOP flash. You may have done so already, but it’s worth noting since it wasn’t mentioned. 

Edited by MadMartigan

13 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Do you remember which version of Cerbios you used to flash? You should be choosing the UDMA 2 option for a stock HDD. If you chose anything higher, then you will experience problems as those are for Sata or SSD HDDs. 

Edit: I don’t see any mention that you connected the proper points on the mobo to perform the TSOP flash. You may have done so already, but it’s worth noting since it wasn’t mentioned. 

THX FOR HELP

I HAVE ANOTHER IDE HDD MAXTOR 120GB

what bios i need to flash. to make it workl?

Use UDMA2 256kb and flash with either XBlast OS v0.56. or EvolutionX.  If you use Xblast or EvolutionX to flash your TSOP it will resize a smaller TSOP for you

additional info:  Do not use any other program to flash a smaller bios because it may not resize them and you can run into problems.  Again use either Xblast or EvolutionX, nothing else.

Edited by RMM

30 minutes ago, theoner said:

thx for the help i already flash it with UDMA4 1024kb i will reflash with the correct one this time

No thats OK.  The bios in the v1.0 and v1.1 Xboxs is 1024kb so that's correct.  Everyone has a different way of doing it and has a preference.  Xbox v1.0 and v1.1 have a TSOP size of 1024kb,  Xbox v1.2 - v1.4 have a size of 256kb.  There are mod chips with bank sizes of 256kb, 512kb and 1024kb.  I just feel it is easier to have the one size of 256kb and letting Evox or Xblast resize it for you.  That way you dont need to think, how large is the TSOP in this Xbox, how large is the other one, how large is this modchip bank and have a bunch of difference size bios files to worry about

The only issue you may run in to is the UDMA mode being 4 but Cerbios has a safe mode that will lower it to UDMA 2 on restart if it detects an issue.  Additionally you can start safe mode yourself by powering on with the eject button if you run in to issues.

Edited by RMM

15 hours ago, theoner said:

THX FOR HELP

I HAVE ANOTHER IDE HDD MAXTOR 120GB

what bios i need to flash. to make it workl?

If that drive s an IDE device then use UDMA2 as RMM suggested. Once you start using SATA drives you can start speeding up to UDMA 4-6, depending on your adapter and IDE cable. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, MadMartigan said:

THX EVRYONE

it work fine need to be locked hdd too to work 

now all is ok

need to transfer few backup to test ripped iso and it will be finish