OGXbox.com

The next EEPROM Reader/Writer (picoPromSD)

dtomcat

22 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Might the final look... may order soon :)

PicoPromSD.png

PicoPromSD1.png

Looks good 

I would be interested in one if you decided to put some up for sale.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I believe the above will be the final design... but I'm waiting a small bit before ordering as I have a few ideas in my head (mostly software).  but just to be sure i'm waiting...  The latest I'm working on... is I have what I need to generate the HDD password.  So after grabbing your EEPROM, you have the option to not only display your HD Key... but also, the actual password for the drive.  I am running into issues with the code on the RP2040... But I have the code working in PHP for a proof of concept.  I'm 80% sure I'll be able to get it working in the design  ::fingers crossed::

temp.png

• Like 1

Finally... after 3 days of no luck...   It works!  calculating the xbox HDD password natively on the RP2040.  This means that while my project decrypts the EEPROM and gets the HDKey, it can* also calculate and give you the password to your HDD.

Now I need to get this code into the master code.   * details to will be released later... but for now... (for me) this is awesome news:)

passwd.png

• Like 1

6.5 hours later... 6 hrs more than I thought it take LOL... Firmware is basically complete.  One feature I'd like to add that depends on API access... so I'm waiting on that.  Since each board is programmable...  I'll probably release it with this firmware and just release an update when/if the other feature comes to fruition.    Here is an updated output txt file that is produced along side the eeprom.bin :)      I just need to add a firmware version reporting to the log and this firmware is complete!  I'll try to finalize the hardware this week and get ready to order.  though probably won't be until next week... kinda need a break... took 3 days to get the code working... and another 6.5 to implement it into master code... my brain HURTS!

Output.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

6.5 hours later... 6 hrs more than I thought it take LOL... Firmware is basically complete.  One feature I'd like to add that depends on API access... so I'm waiting on that.  Since each board is programmable...  I'll probably release it with this firmware and just release an update when/if the other feature comes to fruition.    Here is an updated output txt file that is produced along side the eeprom.bin :)      I just need to add a firmware version reporting to the log and this firmware is complete!  I'll try to finalize the hardware this week and get ready to order.  though probably won't be until next week... kinda need a break... took 3 days to get the code working... and another 6.5 to implement it into master code... my brain HURTS!

Output.png

Looking good

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Output.png

amazing progress, well done

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • dtomcat changed the title to The next EEPROM Reader/Writer (picoPromSD)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 7:14 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

Not yet.   Been busy.  We got an exchange student, and have been getting her settled in. Hopefully next week I’ll get the initial batch ordered 

Life gets in the way...  but thats a good thing for the Brains.

put me on the list of buyers or testers, if there is list. 😁

Hey @Dtomcat18, Is it possible to create a variation of this That doesn't need to be soldered directly to a pin header? Maybe a version with a pin header cable and socket? At least in cases where the TSOP has the bios flash and not the chip?

Or is this product meant to be a permanent fixture on the LPC bus? I guess that would be a more appropriate question.

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Hey @Dtomcat18, Is it possible to create a variation of this That doesn't need to be soldered directly to a pin header? Maybe a version with a pin header cable and socket? At least in cases where the TSOP has the bios flash and not the chip?

Or is this product meant to be a permanent fixture on the LPC bus? I guess that would be a more appropriate question.

you don't solder it directly on, you would use a 2.54mm 2X8 dual row straight female header