OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

8 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc-zw1BQzDOQpeH_dYj_3XQ9mYMKQkebIAdX

In the meantime...

How are the testers going with the dual 80mm fan caddy?

Hey mate,

New around here i know but ive purchased a kit from you on ebay (before i realised you did them off of ebay) I commented on the filament box and the hdd adapter if it helps. Happy to be a tester of this, reckon this shall be a great addition! Understandable if you rather i wait for the final release.

2 hours ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

My parcel didn't get delivered straight away due to me working away for a week. I have it now though and will test it out as soon as i get some free time. Hopefully this weekend

No hurry... Just thought I mention it as I know a couple of testers have theirs installed and working. Perhaps their feedback could help you and the others with the installation.

11 hours ago, LM666 said:

Hey mate,

New around here i know but ive purchased a kit from you on ebay (before i realised you did them off of ebay) I commented on the filament box and the hdd adapter if it helps. Happy to be a tester of this, reckon this shall be a great addition! Understandable if you rather i wait for the final release.

I already sent all the parcels out to testers over a month ago, currently awaiting feedback.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

No hurry... Just thought I mention it as I know a couple of testers have theirs installed and working. Perhaps their feedback could help you and the others with the installation.

I already sent all the parcels out to testers over a month ago, currently awaiting feedback.

Can you please tell me who has installed? I am currently picking a console out of 6 or so to put it on. I'm leaning toward one of the two 1.0 consoles I have, I just don't want to fuck up the install. I'm a bit worried. 

14 hours ago, trencherfield said:

Bought mine ages ago. Years I think. Always an issue these days getting hold of decent stock, was another reason why I gave up making stuff.

Hopefully you get some good ones this time.

Yea, I think I'll have more difficulty finding the Xilinx CPLD's for the modchips.

Fortunately, I have a couple of very reliable suppliers whom I met on AliExpress

and have been doing business directly with for the better part of the last 3 years.

I got those other ADV's from AliExpress to try and save on shipping...

• Like 2

AIL4fc_6bxMXj4Hzes417WD45wZyYFy9C8kPgYD2

AIL4fc9erJOGvWlyqCr2EY_iriHWp9SWmqxTkrEr

Shoutout to "Ace Console Repair" whom will be testing the recent batch of prototype flex cables for me. From what I can tell he services just about every console and streams daily. Ace has done quite a few CPU upgrades to OGXbox consoles recently, some of which are on he's eBay store.

YouTube: "https://www.youtube.com/@aceconsolerepairs/streams"

eBay: "https://www.ebay.com.au/str/aceconsoles"

I'm about to head out to the post office and send the parcel to Ace Console Repairs. He should receive the parcel next week where I'm sure he'll stream the installs and results, so keep an eye out for that if that's of any interest to you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc9qon6MzfgEGpX7cu5OkVXiCeC8fXNe-24H

Ryzee119/Xenium-Tools: A program to manage Xenium modchip devices on the Original Xbox (github.com)

XeniumTools seems to be getting some attention also, but I'm not sure If he has finished as there's not been a new release version as of yet...

Believe it was Gaasedelene (Titan) who was working on it and got an updated cromwell from Haxar too and it was merged by Ryzee.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Believe it was Gaasedelene (Titan) who was working on it and got an updated cromwell from Haxar too and it was merged by Ryzee.

Thanks, I wouldn't have known that...

Are you referring to "OpenXenium" firmware or "Xenium-Tools" app?

• Like 1

Actually, that's just made me think that maybe Gaasedelen might want to help with the opensource HDMI firmware for the HDMI mod by Ryzee, where Ryzee left off.

This is the board I have to assemble, but still have not done, but noticed the STM chip is the same just a diff package and wondered if *cough* somebody elses *cough* firmware from the first type err *cough* board might work on it or do what you have and change up the PCB for the other package stm chip.

Either way, as Ryzee said, he's quite happy for anyone like Gaasdelen to improve it further and keep it opensource to fix the various bios issues etc. He seems to like solving stuff!

AIL4fc_sVn-agJxwABhvXhtFextGTqLHAtQ_Gy-F

End of revision sale! 10 to 20% off while stocks last...

Development costs are starting to add up and with the announcement of the next version of hardware my sales have dropped to a trickle. Probably didn't help that I called the sale even "end of revision sale" but I didn't want people to get disappointed.

Any support would be much appreciated...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

This is the board I have to assemble, but still have not done, but noticed the STM chip is the same just a diff package and wondered if *cough* somebody elses *cough* firmware from the first type err *cough* board might work on it or do what you have and change up the PCB for the other package stm chip.

LoL... Swap the package and match the GPIO pins from the datasheets... COUGH!

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 4:25 AM, Rredherring32 said:

Per GPL V3.0 I'd like to request that (If this is based on Ryzee119's work hosted on GitHub) design files and source files be provided/released. As this is a requirement of said project. 

You might want to re-think that comment, you are one of MM's boys aren't you?

AIL4fc_v2JLPLvjhUmV99j9Q9-4tdRQ7H58VV34V

I just had a crazy idea...

So... "N64Freak" does the Pentium 3 "Desktop" Taulatin CPU (Socket 370) to Pentium 3 Mobile Coppermine CPU (Socket 495) Interposer Board.

What if I did a Pentium 3 "Mobile" Taulatin CPU (Socket 479) to Pentium 3 Mobile Coppermine CPU (Socket 495) Interposer Board?

What are people's thoughts, opinions and ideas on this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc_v2JLPLvjhUmV99j9Q9-4tdRQ7H58VV34V

I just had a crazy idea...

So... "N64Freak" does the Pentium 3 "Desktop" Taulatin CPU (Socket 370) to Pentium 3 Mobile Coppermine CPU (Socket 495) Interposer Board.

What if I did a Pentium 3 "Mobile" Taulatin CPU (Socket 479) to Pentium 3 Mobile Coppermine CPU (Socket 495) Interposer Board?

What are people's thoughts, opinions and ideas on this?

Smaller form factor, neater. Can prolly add both interposer and cpu in one profile like this >

https://blog.ret2.io/2023/08/09/jtag-hacking-the-original-xbox-2023/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trencherfield said:

Very interesting read...

19 hours ago, trencherfield said:

Can prolly add both interposer and cpu in one profile like this

You mean being able to re-ball both the CPU and interposer board?

5 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Oh yeah and the reball aspect.

xbox_JTAG_BGA_sandwich.png

Seem's he mounted both CPU and interposer board at the same time.

I've been thinking of an alternative install method for something like this.

Perhaps mounting the CPU to the interposer board using "lead-free" solder balls (higher temp)

Then mounting the interposer board to the motherboard using "leaded" solder balls (lower temp)

The idea being that when heating up the lower temp solder the higher temp solder will be unaffected.

I could have explained that better but I got a headache...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

've been thinking of an alternative install method for something like this.

Perhaps mounting the CPU to the interposer board using "lead-free" solder balls (higher temp)

Then mounting the interposer board to the motherboard using "leaded" solder balls (lower temp)

The idea being that when heating up the lower temp solder the higher temp solder will be unaffected.

Used the same a few years back for different reasons seemed to work

The trick was finding the right solder most of the ones I had melted too close to each other.    Solder paste worked but had its own issues. 

• Like 1

Very interesting read...

You mean being able to re-ball both the CPU and interposer board?

xbox_JTAG_BGA_sandwich.png

Seem's he mounted both CPU and interposer board at the same time.

I've been thinking of an alternative install method for something like this.

I could have explained that better but I got a headache...

You would just ball both with leaded and flow them to the board in one go. Both would require 0.76mm balls also.

easily done

• Like 1