Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
ludvig82

Power/Eject Switch

I believe I read somewhere there was an easy way to switch the working of the 2 buttons? Is there also some easy way to just use one button? Thinking of a slim with custom front plate here. Anyone got n info on this?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

The buttons are just simple switches that connect two wires when pressed.  You can lengthen the wires and move them wherever you want, I use a power button in my controller so I don't have to get up out of my chair.  The circuit board for the buttons is very basic.  It is basically just a couple wires for the LEDs and a few wires for the buttons.  You could completely do away with the whole board with very little work.

11 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

I believe I read somewhere there was an easy way to switch the working of the 2 buttons?

Yes, swap the two wires on the connector of the power/eject board - SW1 Eject and SW2 Power

See: Please login or register to see this link.  for the pinouts. 

11 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

Is there also some easy way to just use one button?

No easy way to use 1 switch for two different functions. 

I was thinking just power button, thinking slim without dvd. Guess I can just remove the one of the buttons. And use the one left as power then.

I wouldn't mod the original, you never know when you might need it.  I would buy a cheap project board and wire it up the way you want it.  You can cut it to whatever size you need and easily attach any wires, buttons, and LEDs you want.  Something like this Please login or register to see this link.

I wouldn't mod the original, you never know when you might need it.  I would buy a cheap project board and wire it up the way you want it.  You can cut it to whatever size you need and easily attach any wires, buttons, and LEDs you want.  Something like this Please login or register to see this link.
I see your point, but I believe I have around 20 extras boards. So I can sacrifice one for testing purposes for sure :)

In that case you can definitely modify it. just map out the traces and if you have to cut one you need you can always jumper a wire to fix the trace.  It's a very basic board.  It basically just acts as a mount for the buttons and LEDs, it is no problem to modify.

In that case you can definitely modify it. just map out the traces and if you have to cut one you need you can always jumper a wire to fix the trace.  It's a very basic board.  It basically just acts as a mount for the buttons and LEDs, it is no problem to modify.
I was thinking the same. It wouldn't be difficult to just use wires and a switch instead for the board either I guess. I am just not experienced in working with pcbs and schematics, but I am fond of learning new stuff. I'll see if I do a "slimmer" build soon. Will first have to finish the one I am doing now. Also have 2 other consoles that need finishing details.

14 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

Is it safe to remove parts of the pcb? Even with traces?

Yes. I chopped off the bottom of mine with a hacksaw.

Do I need to cut and solder the cables, or is it possible to remove them from the plug? Like pressing on the metal on the side of the plug? 214f6424be9ad3e44959ddb7a85dcd69.jpg