Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Rocky5

Questions and Other Stuff

Using latest versions of XBmc4gamers, have an issue with many of the movie previews playing choppy or slower than they should play.  I checked these particular movies with VLC and they play normally otherwise.  Other movies play normally under XBmc4gamers.  I'm using the resource packs found in another topic.  Many movies play okay while many others don't.  Is there a fix for this?

VLC on a PC doesn't play XMV files well.  The Xbox plays them without the stutter.

Are you previewing them on your PC as you mention VLC? (It always stutters on my old laptop - not a speedy machine.)

Are they stuttering on the Xbox?  Which particular preview videos do so?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

VLC on a PC doesn't play XMV files well.  The Xbox plays them without the stutter.

Are you previewing them on your PC as you mention VLC? (It always stutters on my old laptop - not a speedy machine.)

Are they stuttering on the Xbox?  Which particular preview videos do so?

The Amp 2 preview.xmv is an example of a media file that plays slow within Please login or register to see this link. on my Xbox v1.6 when I launch it from the Synopsis menu.  It plays normally in VLC.   I also have that Xbox Video Museum Skin installed and all the xmv files play normally in that app.  Normally I wouldn't consider this a big deal if it was just one xmv file that is troublesome but it seems to effect most xmv files in Please login or register to see this link. on my system using the xmv files in that resource pack.

Rocky5 you are the man(or woman)! I love XBMC4Gamers setup and interface.

2 questions:

1: Is there no way to view and select media files (Music and Video) in this interface? I have looked and cannot find any options that will let me. I know it is meant to focus on gaming, but i see that I can still cast to xbmc4gamers from my pc, so I figured I would ask.

2: Also, and more importantly, is the URLDownloader service down? I have noticed there are a bunch of mods and apps I would love to install and explore, but when I use the URLDownloader I get an Error saying "Script failed! : downloader.py"... :(
The downloader package downloaded and extracted properly, my internet connection should be ok.
I have updated to the newest version of your software and had no luck still. I cannot update the URLDownloader app through the xbox interface either, receiving the same message. My dash says I am running xbmc4gamers 1.2.(no number after the second decimal) and the latest update was on 12/24/2018. The downloader version says 1.0.15 on the dash...

Any help is greatly appreciated and I am grateful that you all are helping to keep this modding community alive!!!!!

Edited by KICKASSKC

I found this link with the same issue but i dont know how to properly edit my strings.po file to change what version my dash says...

Please login or register to see this link.

Line 18 doesnt even appear:

msgctxt "#16"
msgid "Saturday"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#17"
msgid "Sunday"
msgstr ""

#empty strings from id 18 to 20

msgctxt "#21"
msgid "January"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#22"
msgid "February"
msgstr ""

Edited by KICKASSKC

Was looking at the wrong language file, found the proper one in skins, so i figured the second question out lol.

Edited by KICKASSKC