OGXbox.com

1.6 128MB RAM Upgrade Tutorial

Prehistoricman

8 hours ago, pejman1998 said:

the reason is because I thought thats straight forward and hassle free ,but I will give what you said a try , I want 128mb udma4 supported bios for my 1.6 xbox , is it ok to help me find it ?

Cerbios uses the same bios for all motherboard revisions, supports 128MB and has the ability to go up to UDMA-6.

The Cerbios pack.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mLG7-wDvXTxwU29e0et2StN7F1pVef1s

UDMA-6 version, if you want it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Acg0EjnwAJUiatkRm7qSO3wRQYj_bY9X/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Cerbios uses the same bios for all motherboard revisions, supports 128MB and has the ability to go up to UDMA-6.

The Cerbios pack.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mLG7-wDvXTxwU29e0et2StN7F1pVef1s

UDMA-6 version, if you want it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Acg0EjnwAJUiatkRm7qSO3wRQYj_bY9X/view?usp=drivesdk

well Thanks for your help , but the problem still persists and i get a black screen , i will watch my soldering and i will disconnect pin28 from motherboard to see if it helps

• Sad 1

Not sure if I mentioned this in here before.  For anyone trying this:

Samsung on samsung is the easiest option.

Samsung on hynix or hynix on samsung is a little tougher.

I believe I said that right.

Ps: xblast can report 128MB and all 4 banks success and you can still have a messed up install.  You have to go back in and find either the bridge(s) or pin that didnt get soldered down.

I've done about 100 of these 1.6 ram upgrades.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pejman1998 said:

xblast says they are successful , but im starting to doubt my installation, if i find spare time i will check , btw all rams ar samsung 

I think it's possible depending on which pins they are, for them to pass the ram check but to not actually enable a boot. When my 128 was having issues after overheating, It would ping pong back and forth between showing 128 and 64 in Xblast, even though it always failed the ram check and in fact would freeze XBlast when testing the 4th chip... however, in both instances it would boot the MS Bios, even though it turned out that legs were loose and it was all hell in XBlast until the legs were reattached.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys now that I look over my posts i don't know that here was the right place to post them ,but anyways one of memory chips wasn't 100% attach to memory beneath it ,my friend has done the first one to show me how to do but the other 3 were my own soldering I didn't suspect my friend's job but surprisingly not one but many of pins were not soldered correctly by my friend and there wasn't continuity between same pins , so I think that "Xblast os" thing is rubbish since it can't confirm if all pins are soldered correctly , after redoing soldering I get xbox to boot but it gives error 16 on Cerbios and it says something about clock I have no idea what it means but I think its not hardware related may be by reflashing another bios it will get fixed I don't know, if there is something to tell me about it to get it fixed tell me please , thank you guys you are awesome

9 minutes ago, pejman1998 said:

Sorry guys now that I look over my posts i don't know that here was the right place to post them ,but anyways one of memory chips wasn't 100% attach to memory beneath it ,my friend has done the first one to show me how to do but the other 3 were my own soldering I didn't suspect my friend's job but surprisingly not one but many of pins were not soldered correctly by my friend and there wasn't continuity between same pins , so I think that "Xblast os" thing is rubbish since it can't confirm if all pins are soldered correctly , after redoing soldering I get xbox to boot but it gives error 16 on Cerbios and it says something about clock I have no idea what it means but I think its not hardware related may be by reflashing another bios it will get fixed I don't know, if there is something to tell me about it to get it fixed tell me please , thank you guys you are awesome

I think it's basically a dashboard error related to a clock discrepancy. Just try formatting the C partition and reinstalling a dash. Should be fine.

Also, try checking the pins with lateral pressure and see if they move. That's the only real way to check the pins! Checking for continuity with a multimeter can lead to falseness since you are pressing down on the pins.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, having a bit of an issue that is trolling me, V1.6 xbox using all K4D263238M-QC50, The ONLY bank i have a problem with is bank 4 and ONLY bank 4, i have no bridges this is not my first rodeo, using xblast all banks 1-2-3 are fine, ONLY when i install the 4th bank, the console just turns on and stays green light with no display, kinda like a coma console, its weird, if i REMOVE bank 4 and boot up, it will boot into Xblast and Test 1-2-3 ok, its not my soldering, i have NO idea why its only doing it with bank 4 - its not caps, its been re-capped, any help would be great

Untitwwwwled.jpg

439804823_942672260662648_8284669471369952136_n.jpg

49 minutes ago, duckmansweb said:

Hi guys, having a bit of an issue that is trolling me, V1.6 xbox using all K4D263238M-QC50, The ONLY bank i have a problem with is bank 4 and ONLY bank 4, i have no bridges this is not my first rodeo, using xblast all banks 1-2-3 are fine, ONLY when i install the 4th bank, the console just turns on and stays green light with no display, kinda like a coma console, its weird, if i REMOVE bank 4 and boot up, it will boot into Xblast and Test 1-2-3 ok, its not my soldering, i have NO idea why its only doing it with bank 4 - its not caps, its been re-capped, any help would be great

Untitwwwwled.jpg

439804823_942672260662648_8284669471369952136_n.jpg

You seem like you are an experienced guy... I'm sure you tried another chip just in case that one is DOA?

40 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

You seem like you are an experienced guy... I'm sure you tried another chip just in case that one is DOA?

i have also tried something else and this may indicate an issue with the Xblast OS i have on the chip, If i install an Aladdin XT with Cerbios, it boots and detects the full 128mb or ram, so the xblast OS im using which ive used before on a 1.6 with hynix Ram worked fine, but on a 1.6 with the samsung ram as pictured, works up to bank 3 but not bank 4 - attached is a dump of the 1mb OS i have on my xblast Aladdin - if anyone can see whats up with it to not work with the ram im using that be great lol

*also, if i install bank 4 FIRST it does not work, there is something about bank 4 that xblast does not like lol* 

V16 XBLAST

Edited by duckmansweb
Typo