OGXbox.com

Possible 128mb solution for 1.6 consoles found......

nikeymikey

See here...

The guy claims to have "stacked" the ram chips but is yet to supply any photo proof.   

He said this "You're damn right. I just finished all 4 chips and the X3 bios detects it and all is good :)" so seems to have succeeded. If so this is a world first , yeah??

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 1

Boy howdy I hope it's true. Bit of an odd man out, but I generally prefer 1.6 consoles since they have less caps to replace, & seem overall more "efficient" in their internals. If this is true, then I don't have to look at my 1.6 collection as "those guys" anymore!

Edited by Ribbenaster

We did this with certain versions of the Amiga, before modern day chips and cheap build your own PCB’s became available. No nobody does it now as you can do it cheaper by not using 20+ year old parts from donors, with retro tax added to the price.

interesting to see if it work’s however.

Edited by big F

I mean... I'm no expert, but math is math.

If he stacked 1 chip to "prove it worked" shouldn't he have 3 passing chips since he'd only be missing the 4th chip at that point?

Seems more like the one he stacked stopped working and only the one that wasn't stacked was... No?

5 minutes ago, Yoinx said:

I mean... I'm no expert, but math is math.

If he stacked 1 chip to "prove it worked" shouldn't he have 3 passing chips since he'd only be missing the 4th chip at that point?

Seems more like the one he stacked stopped working and only the one that wasn't stacked was... No?

That test only tests the EXTRA ram , not the existing 64mb.

33 minutes ago, Prehistoricman said:

Hey guys. It's very real :) I posted that thread and I'm just about to post another with more pics and a tutorial here. 

Thats good to hear.  It could be a ground breaker.

Now if only we could figure out the resistor. values on the cpu and board to give the cpu a little overclock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 3:45 AM, big F said:

Thats good to hear.  It could be a ground breaker.

Now if only we could figure out the resistor. values on the cpu and board to give the cpu a little overclock.

Yeah 1.6 with cpu upgrades would be best models I would say.  I'm willing to give it a shot if anyone finds the values.