Jump to content
OGXbox.com

IP 0.0.0.0 (Set to DHCP)


Onaga
 Share

Recommended Posts

First time I got no IP on an Xbox Classic!

Add new Caps, 128MB RAM upgrade and it works totally fine.

I use XBMC4GAMERS, iND Bios, just same setup as always..., Network is set to DHCP. Can't get an IP!

Tried two different ethernet ports (ICS 1893AF)... still no IP... 😪

Any solutions, please??

Edit:

-Tried new ethernet connector as well, didn't help...

- FTP connecton works!!

Edited by Onaga
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no clue…. For FTP I get IP… but for internet I don’t. I can hook up other consoles at the same time and they work  

That’s why I’m asking. It’s no joke. Any ideas what to do? Could it be a console that got banned by Microsoft back in the days? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Onaga said:

I have no clue…. For FTP I get IP… but for internet I don’t. I can hook up other consoles at the same time and they work  

That’s why I’m asking. It’s no joke. Any ideas what to do? Could it be a console that got banned by Microsoft back in the days? 

I donˋt know what you mean when you say you get an IP "for FTP" but not "for internet". Which software is showing what IP numbers? Dashboards, Filebrowsers, etc. What do you consider to be "Internet"? How are you FTPing? Which application are you using to do it? Be more technical and descriptive, player. Youˋre not using diagnostically friendly language. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know how to connect to XLink Kai? No complex setup… just a Xbox with tsop, XBMC4Gamers set to DHCP, lan cable to modem. Basically I get a IP for example 192.168.1.56… but it doesn’t work. It’s just 0.0.0.0. 

For FTP I get IP. 192.168.0.6. Setup is little different. But that’s not important for me. Important is that I don’t get connection to internet (XLink Kai). I have multiple consoles and they all work. Same setup for all of them (hardware/software). 

B3EEA7D3-A447-4AC8-A7A2-2DAC05E2D47E.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Onaga said:

You know how to connect to XLink Kai? No complex setup… just a Xbox with tsop, XBMC4Gamers set to DHCP, lan cable to modem. Basically I get a IP for example 192.168.1.56… but it doesn’t work. It’s just 0.0.0.0. 

For FTP I get IP. 192.168.0.6. Setup is little different. But that’s not important for me. Important is that I don’t get connection to internet (XLink Kai). I have multiple consoles and they all work. Same setup for all of them (hardware/software). 

B3EEA7D3-A447-4AC8-A7A2-2DAC05E2D47E.JPG

So basically, everything works correctly, except your connection to Kai? I would say Kaiˋs settings are incorrect somewhere. I donˋt have experience with Kai yet, but is it required to configure Kai at all on the Xbox? Or is it just on the PC and all the tunneling and everything takes place through the PC? Iˋll read up now and find out. Thanks for the info.

Your other Xboxes connect to Kai fine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not only Kai, I can’t download from xbmc cloud as well.

Every other Xbox connects without any problems. Same settings for modem and XLink Kai. Same bios, same dashboard, same HDD ect. Basically just different mainboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When did you have an IP address?  Which replacement dashboard showed that one had been assigned?

In the photo you posted, it shows no IP address has been assigned,0.0.0.0.

Where did you see the IP address of 192.168.0.6?

 

You mentioned replacing the ICS 1893AF chip on the motherboard.  You unsoldered the old chip and reinstalled a new one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For FTP connection I use a "Allnet ALL1294A Broadband IP-Router" between XBox and PC (Old PC with XP on it).  This is where I get the IP 192.168.0.6. I do it all the time.

For "Internet/XLink Kai/ XBMC Cloud" I hook up directly to my modem (as I do with all other XBox after TSOP ect.) This is where I get 0.0.0.0.

Yes, I replaced ICS 1893AF two times on the motherboard (desolder and reinstall new one). I did same for the "Ethernet connector". Didn't help.

Setup on HDD seems to be fine as well... because it works in every other Xbox I own.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Onaga said:

For FTP connection I use a "Allnet ALL1294A Broadband IP-Router" between XBox and PC (Old PC with XP on it).  This is where I get the IP 192.168.0.6. I do it all the time.

For "Internet/XLink Kai/ XBMC Cloud" I hook up directly to my modem (as I do with all other XBox after TSOP ect.) This is where I get 0.0.0.0.

Yes, I replaced ICS 1893AF two times on the motherboard (desolder and reinstall new one). I did same for the "Ethernet connector". Didn't help.

Setup on HDD seems to be fine as well... because it works in every other Xbox I own.

 

Why are you using a different network configuration for FTP and Internet?

What type of Ethernet port is on the modem - 1 Gbps?  I don't think the Xbox can establish a link to a 1Gbps Ethernet port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because it's just an old setup I'm useing almos 20 years now for FTP. Easy and save and I got all the programms on my XP PC... FlashFXP, Eeprom Reader, XISO ect...

Modem is "Fritzbox 7430", nothing special, I use it all the time and never had any problems.

It's really strange never faced a problem like this before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like you are using two switches/routers.  Theres nothing wrong with this I have a similar set up. I am a network engineer so for me its just how I wanted a set up in my house and workshop, and works in our zoned set up.

If this is the case make sure only one of the devices gives out DHCP addresses, it gets messy if you dont.  On the second router set it to a fixed ip and make sure that ip is out side the DHCP pool say xxx.xxx.xxx.100 keep everything below 100 out of the DHCP pool as it will give you room. Its unlikely you will fill 254 ips in a residential set up. 
the set the DNS and Gateway to the IP of the primary device. It will then be gatekeeper and glue for your nettwork.

Then.

Just plug the xbox into what ever router is serving your network in the room you are working from.  The xbox will connect at 100mb on a 1gb port via auto negotiation, all switches and routers can do this.

Set the xbox to DHCP and let your router do the work. Use the dash to find out what IP the box has settled on. Then log onto your router and set the DHCP to always map that IP to the XBox’s MAC address. That way it will always be on the same IP so you can always connect to it with out faffing about.  If you have several xbox’s like me and use one cable when FTPing or generally messing with them on your work bench, MAC addresses are your friends.

Let the router map things for you, and you cant really go wrong.

Edited by big F
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I use two different setups but they are not connected. For FTP I just use the IP-Router. Xbox gets a static IP and I can easily connect via FlashFXP. There is no other router or modem in between. It’s more like a closed network.

For XBMC I connect straight to modem and basically get the IP and internet connection. But not for this one, it stays at 0.0.0.0. Never faced that problem before. And I don’t understand it because I didn’t change anything on my setup or installation.

I’m going to try what you recommend, maybe I get the Xbox to work. It’s still not the ultimate solution for me because I don’t want to keep the Xbox. It’s for sale. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Onaga said:

For XBMC I connect straight to modem and basically get the IP and internet connection. But not for this one, it stays at 0.0.0.0. Never faced that problem before. And I don’t understand it because I didn’t change anything on my setup or installation.

Does the modem have more than 1 Ethernet port to connect multiple devices to it?

If you connect a PC to it and it is set to obtain an IP address, does it get obtain one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Onaga said:

Yes, 4 ports and everything gets an IP, doesnt matter what I connect, Pc / Xbox or any other device like Nintendo Switch, Ps4/5 ect.

So, the Xbox gets an IP address?  I'm confused I thought it did not obtain an IP address.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right then.  The fact that other Xboxes connect on that cable and connection ok suggests it’s the particular Xbox that at fault. Not your setup.

Check on the router to see if it has any blocked MAC addresses. Different routers and switches have this in various places on their config pages. But no IP is exactly the sort of behaviour you get when the MAC is blocked. A windows pc would give itself a 169 address in that situation. The XBox OS is simple and quite dumb in this area so does nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 2:26 AM, Onaga said:

Because it's just an old setup I'm useing almos 20 years now for FTP. Easy and save and I got all the programms on my XP PC... FlashFXP, Eeprom Reader, XISO ect...

Modem is "Fritzbox 7430", nothing special, I use it all the time and never had any problems.

It's really strange never faced a problem like this before.

I assign a static IP to my Xbox via the original MS Dashboard
No problems with downloads via XBMC4Gamers or connecting to the console via FTP

Perhaps you should consider using a static IP?

Just use ipconfig in your PC to identify what is your router's IP address (I am betting it's 192.168.0.1).

The rest should be relatively straightforward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.