Jump to content
OGXbox.com

OpenXenium black screen when chip plugged in XB 1.6


JBird
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, 

 

Wondering if someone might be able to help me with this.  Recently installed OpenXenium on my 1.6 with LPC board (pics attached).  Xbox turning on just fine but getting a black screen when video cables connected.  Tried both component and standard composite.  The Xbox led is green as per usual.  The chip led itself actually flashes so I know its getting power BUT after it flashes a few colors the chip LED turns off and I'm left with a black screen on the tv.   

 

When i remove my video cables from the xbox  and only have the power plugged into the Xbox the chip LED stays on, flashing every few seconds between red and yellow.  

 

Xbox boots fine to dash with chip unplugged.

 

The machine is soft modded.  Could that be causing an issue getting to the Xenium OS screen?   

 

Losing hope on this. Thoughts?

pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Edited by JBird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JBird changed the title to OpenXenium black screen when chip plugged in XB 1.6

Soft modes and hard mods (Modchips/ Bios reflash) don't play nice with each other and you will get a black screen and it could also be tiring to load a bios file that's not suitable for the 1.6

If you power on the Xbox with the Eject button you should get the Open Xenium menu but it will be a washed out pic with lines though it if not then there is a problem with the Open Xenium fitting.

Also try booting the Xbox with the HDD disconnected.

 

You should be able to cold boot (Load the DVD in the DVD drive and power off then on ) a install disk like the OGXbox installer V1.5.3 disk and use the repair hard drive option to remove the soft mod.

You can down load that from here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

 

To fix the Open Xenium screen been looking faint/washed out you will need to down grade the Open Xenium OS.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Soft modes and hard mods (Modchips/ Bios reflash) don't play nice with each other and you will get a black screen and it could also be tiring to load a bios file that's not suitable for the 1.6

If you power on the Xbox with the Eject button you should get the Open Xenium menu but it will be a washed out pic with lines though it if not then there is a problem with the Open Xenium fitting.

Also try booting the Xbox with the HDD disconnected.

 

You should be able to cold boot (Load the DVD in the DVD drive and power off then on ) a install disk like the OGXbox installer V1.5.3 disk and use the repair hard drive option to remove the soft mod.

You can down load that from here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

 

To fix the Open Xenium screen been looking faint/washed out you will need to down grade the Open Xenium OS.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

I was actually able to get to the Xenium dash after I plugged the dvd drive in which to me is odd -  I was under the impression it should load the Xenium dash without.  

I am also wanting to install a new hard drive at the same time so I shouldn't need to run anything from here should I? 

 

Im new to this but my understanding from here is I can install the og xbox kernel, ftp over a bios and at that point run hexen for example to build my drive?   

 

Appreciate your advice!

Edited by JBird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JBird said:

I was actually able to get to the Xenium dash after I plugged the dvd drive in which to me is odd -  I was under the impression it should load the Xenium dash without.  

I have seen some take quite  while to load when there in no DVD drive.

11 minutes ago, JBird said:

I am also wanting to install a new hard drive at the same time so I shouldn't need to run anything from here should I? 

o you just have the install disk in the DVD drive and select a bios file from the launch menu.

13 minutes ago, JBird said:

Im new to this but my understanding from here is I can install the og xbox kernel, ftp over a bios and at that point run hexen for example to build my drive?   

In the launch menu you need to use  "add a item" to copy a EvoxM8 bios file or you can FTP a 1.6 compatible (EvoxM8 plus or the X2-5035.v16) bios the mod chip.

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly my real Xenium was on XOS 2.3.0 and the eject button press to get to the Xenium OS was a perfectly nice clear picture using my XBOX on a HDMI adapter, then, I decided I'd upgrade it to the latest version 2.3.1 using the "recovery" method from the Xenium OS with the recovery file on E:, this all went well except after doing so now my Xenium OS has lines through it and washed out, still works obviously just not as nice as it was to view on 2.3.0.

I'm considering flashing it back to 2.3.0 if I can find a copy of the recovery file to do so as there doesn't seem to be many benefits to 2.3.1 anyway and at least 2.3.0 displays properly.  Sorry not really adding much to your problem and questions here, but might go some way to explaining why your Xenium OS gets lines all through it.

I just read the above posts properly and it's already been mentioned the Xenium OS needs downgraded to make it clear and line free.  :) Whoops.

Edited by phrunt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm considering flashing it back to 2.3.0 if I can find a copy of the recovery file to do so as there doesn't seem to be many benefits to 2.3.1 anyway and at least 2.3.0 displays properly.

As far as I could see there was no difference except it 2.3.0 works on a version 1.6

Here is 2.3.0

https://1fichier.com/?s7ea55iurp69ypxf514r

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I decided I'd upgrade it to the latest version 2.3.1 using the "recovery" method from the Xenium OS with the recovery file on E:, this all went well except after doing so now my Xenium OS has lines through it and washed out, still works obviously just not as nice as it was to view on 2.3.0.

Known bug when running Xenium OS 2.3.1 on a v1.6 Xbox.

Does it look like the image posted here - XeniumOS graphical issue on v1.6 Xboxes · Issue #2 · Ryzee119/OpenXenium (github.com)?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Known bug when running Xenium OS 2.3.1 on a v1.6 Xbox.

Does it look like the image posted here - XeniumOS graphical issue on v1.6 Xboxes · Issue #2 · Ryzee119/OpenXenium (github.com)?

Yes exactly like that first image.  I'm going to flash back to 2.3.0 today.  I'm noticing on that thread they're all going back to 2.2.1 to fix the problem, mine was on 2.3.0 before I updated to 2.3.1 and 2.3.0 was working fine.  Why is it that everyone is going back to 2.2.1 do you think? Should I do that too or put 2.3.0 back on it? 

Edited by phrunt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes exactly like that first image.  I'm going to flash back to 2.3.0 today.  I'm noticing on that thread they're all going back to 2.2.1 to fix the problem, mine was on 2.3.0 before I updated to 2.3.1 and 2.3.0 was working fine.  Why is it that everyone is going back to 2.2.1 do you think? Should I do that too or put 2.3.0 back on it? 

They most likely rolled back to a version they had available.  when I look at one of the xbins FTP server backup sites, there are two such websites but the better one's offline right now, 2.3.0 is not available.  Actually 2.2.1 isn't either.

https://legacy.downloads.diomtec.com/?p=homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/bios/Xenium OS/

With 2.3.0 working for you, I'd leave that version installed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

They most likely rolled back to a version they had available.  when I look at one of the xbins FTP server backup sites, there are two but the better one's offline right now, 2.3.0 is not available.  Actually 2.2.1 isn't either.

https://legacy.downloads.diomtec.com/?p=homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/bios/Xenium OS/

With 2.3.0 working for you, I'd leave that version installed.

Maybe this one is usefull even I don't have 2.2.1 : https://1fichier.com/dir/bnFSVhuX 

EDIT : I added 2.2.1 as well.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.