OGXbox.com

Amped Freestyle Snowboarding disc error after Microsoft logo

technoob

I have made a digital copy of this game on the HDD and I get a disc error right at the beginning, after Microsoft logo, that tells me to press A then the game shows the message again on and on. I've tried to launch it both from Evox and XBMC (hard disk game launch, not DVD disc launch).

Maybe there's some setting to change or some file to patch ( I heard about Amped2 xbe fix, not sure it's the same case here) but I couldn't find anything on google

Pls help

Edited by technoob

sorry for double posting

@HDShadow have you experienced the same problem with this game or got any solution ?

On another forum, some guy told me that it can be probably a matter of long file names and suggested to virtually mount the disc, but that's only possible on soft-modded xbox ? Isn't there a iso loader or a way to solve long file names problem ?

Does a CD/DVD solve the issue ? I mean, what if I burn the xiso onto a CD then rip it ? Will it work ?

Edited by technoob

I don't know, when I check the extracted folder on XDVDMulletter it says Region: every region (anything checked but "Region Free"), Random Padding, XBOX1 Iso type.

I've also tried unpatching the XBE in "Misc functions / XBE Details " mode and it says "XBE Could not be fixed : ( "

So probably I just need the original xbe of the game? Does anybody have them ?

Edited by technoob

8 hours ago, technoob said:

I don't know, when I check the extracted folder on XDVDMulletter it says Region: every region (anything checked but "Region Free"), Random Padding, XBOX1 Iso type.

I've also tried unpatching the XBE in "Misc functions / XBE Details " mode and it says "XBE Could not be fixed : ( "

So probably I just need the original xbe of the game? Does anybody have them ?

I have sent you a link to try.

It came off my Xbox and was tested as working ok.

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

I don't think so, I looked over and over at that damn intro screen and I think the sequence it blocks is with microsoft_in , microsoft_middle and microsoft_out

In fact, the screen of death displays exaclty after microsoft_in. Instead of displaying the microsoft logo with fade in and fade out, it just shows the fade in then all goes black for a moment, screen of death.

No big problem anyway, I'll just try Amped 2, hoping I'm not losing anything about the series (probably so, as I've played all Cool Boarders game for PS1 and the last two are probably enough to know all the series... probably just Cool Boarders 4, Cool Boarders 2001 hasn't so much more afterall /offtopic).

The only way I can return to this "curse" of a game would be knowing if there's a way to bypass or skip the damn media check.

Edited by technoob

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting a similar problem with this game.

But I don't even get the Microsoft logo, it immediately goes to a black screen upon launch.

I replaced AmpedFiles.idx and Resource\ProRecs\Gigi Ruf.res using the fix from

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?114073-FIX-Amped-Freestyle-Snowboarding-NTSC-U-HDD-Fix

I am using a 1.1 Xbox, with the XeniumICE modchip, and the XBMC4Gamers dashboard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

I am getting a similar problem with this game.

But I don't even get the Microsoft logo, it immediately goes to a black screen upon launch.

I replaced AmpedFiles.idx and Resource\ProRecs\Gigi Ruf.res using the fix from

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?114073-FIX-Amped-Freestyle-Snowboarding-NTSC-U-HDD-Fix

I am using a 1.1 Xbox, with the XeniumICE modchip, and the XBMC4Gamers dashboard.

What BIOS and have you tried different BIOS files?

What is you screen output set to in the eeprom/MS dash and whats is set to in Xbmc4Gamers?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

18 minutes ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

not sure on how to change it in xeniumOS

If you power on using the eject then select the 1st menu it should give you a option to select a different BIOS file.

Cheers

SS Dave

On my 1.0 - 1.1 boards with 128meg ram I use X2-5035.67 ,

It's a 512kb bios that can be flashed to a TSOP on the 1.1 or fits on the Open Xenium

On the 1.2-1.4 boards with 128meg ram I use the Ind5004.67 (it's a 256kb) in a TSOP flash

Cheers

SS Dave

You need a config file on E drive to tell the Xbox which file to lod 1st.

This is the order and you can edit the x2config.ini file to set dash1name as the dash you want (Dash1name = E:/xbmc4gamers/default.xbe)

dash1Name = c:avalaunch.xbe
dash2Name = C:xbmc.xbe
dash3Name = c:unleashx.xbe
dash4Name = c:xbmc.xbe
dash5Name = c:xboxdash.xbe

x2config.ini

If you load a installer disk you can FTP this file to your Xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

I never configured the Xenium chip, as it came preinstalled on the motherboard.

Just switched it on and started working on XBMC4Gamers without really thinking about it.

There were four banks available, each labeled IND-BIOS Red, Purple, Yellow, and Green.

I deleted two of the banks to make way for the XS-5035 BIOS, so I assume each bank was 256KB.

Edited by RetroEmulationNation

On 1/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, technoob said:

I have made a digital copy of this game on the HDD and I get a disc error right at the beginning, after Microsoft logo, that tells me to press A then the game shows the message again on and on. I've tried to launch it both from Evox and XBMC (hard disk game launch, not DVD disc launch).

Maybe there's some setting to change or some file to patch ( I heard about Amped2 xbe fix, not sure it's the same case here) but I couldn't find anything on google

Pls help

I had the same issue across multiple xboxes and FTP'd "clean" ISOs found online. The disc error I would get is something about a "dirty disc".

Finally found out what the problem was: The language set in the default Xbox BIOS didn't match the language of Amped / Amped 2. My Xbox BIOS (under the X3 BIOS, which was set to English) was set to German rather than English. So even though everything looked like it was English, the mismatched settings caused a "dirty disc" error in Amped 1 and Amped 2.

Only game I've seen this happen in and very hard to troubleshoot!

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, hastings298 said:

I had the same issue across multiple xboxes and FTP'd "clean" ISOs found online. The disc error I would get is something about a "dirty disc".

Finally found out what the problem was: The language set in the default Xbox BIOS didn't match the language of Amped / Amped 2. My Xbox BIOS (under the X3 BIOS, which was set to English) was set to German rather than English. So even though everything looked like it was English, the mismatched settings caused a "dirty disc" error in Amped 1 and Amped 2.

Only game I've seen this happen in and very hard to troubleshoot!

Sounds promising, currently my xbox has : slayer's evox (as default dash), xbmc, avalauncher and another one I don't remember the name.
Where should I go to set the language to English ?

::: edit :::

nvm, it worked. I can't believe my eyes, lol

I just went to the MS dash (under Evox system settings) and changed it to English. Voilà

THANKS.

Edited by technoob
  • Thanks 1