Amped Freestyle Snowboarding disc error after Microsoft logo

I have made a digital copy of this game on the HDD and I get a disc error right at the beginning, after Microsoft logo, that tells me to press A then the game shows the message again on and on. I've tried to launch it both from Evox and XBMC (hard disk game launch, not DVD disc launch).

Maybe there's some setting to change or some file to patch ( I heard about Amped2 xbe fix, not sure it's the same case here) but I couldn't find anything on google

Pls help

Edited by technoob

sorry for double posting

@HDShadow have you experienced the same problem with this game or got any solution ?

On another forum, some guy told me that it can be probably a matter of long file names and suggested to virtually mount the disc, but that's only possible on soft-modded xbox ? Isn't there a iso loader or a way to solve long file names problem ?

Does a CD/DVD solve the issue ? I mean, what if I burn the xiso onto a CD then rip it ? Will it work ?

Edited by technoob

I don't know, when I check the extracted folder on XDVDMulletter it says Region: every region (anything checked but "Region Free"), Random Padding, XBOX1 Iso type.

I've also tried unpatching the XBE in "Misc functions / XBE Details " mode and it says "XBE Could not be fixed : ( "

So probably I just need the original xbe of the game? Does anybody have them ?

Edited by technoob
8 hours ago, technoob said:

I don't know, when I check the extracted folder on XDVDMulletter it says Region: every region (anything checked but "Region Free"), Random Padding, XBOX1 Iso type.

I've also tried unpatching the XBE in "Misc functions / XBE Details " mode and it says "XBE Could not be fixed : ( "

So probably I just need the original xbe of the game? Does anybody have them ?

I have sent you a link to try.

It came off my Xbox and was tested as working ok.

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

The 1st file it looks at after the Microsoft banner is the A0.bik in the movie folder maybe check that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I don't think so, I looked over and over at that damn intro screen and I think the sequence it blocks is with microsoft_in , microsoft_middle and microsoft_out

In fact, the screen of death displays exaclty after microsoft_in. Instead of displaying the microsoft logo with fade in and fade out, it just shows the fade in then all goes black for a moment, screen of death.

No big problem anyway, I'll just try Amped 2, hoping I'm not losing anything about the series (probably so, as I've played all Cool Boarders game for PS1 and the last two are probably enough to know all the series... probably just Cool Boarders 4, Cool Boarders 2001 hasn't so much more afterall /offtopic).

The only way I can return to this "curse" of a game would be knowing if there's a way to bypass or skip the damn media check.

Edited by technoob