Lamaman1971

XBoX Psu Conversion Uk - Us

Hi, my precious modded Xbox is a UK device and I have been working on the basis that the PSU is 220v only and will need to be replaced with a 110v supply. Can anyone confirm that this is the case - if it can handle multi voltage then that would be a great surprise. Obviously if I need to replace the PSU thats fine - would anyone have any tips / pitfalls I need to be aware of??

Cheers

SO I got myself a 110 Delta PSU for ebay and then swapped them over. Simple enough. However, although a: It didnt explode and b: the Xecuter modchip lit up blue! yay! the unit will not power on and is unresponsive the to the power button. Surprisingly the caps all look ok too - any ideas folks?

I think I am typing this for my own benefit at this stage! Anyway, turns out the dude sent me a 1.6 PSU - so lucky eh? Anyway - next question - can I convert the pin out from a 1.6 to a 1.3? Dont all rush at once :)

On 1/20/2020 at 5:33 AM, Lamaman1971 said:

I think I am typing this for my own benefit at this stage! Anyway, turns out the dude sent me a 1.6 PSU - so lucky eh? Anyway - next question - can I convert the pin out from a 1.6 to a 1.3? Dont all rush at once :)

I would highly recommend that you get the correct power supply the version 1.6 power supply's I have here are always hot even in stand by mode.

I have used a non contact thermometer and get temps around 45c in a room temp of 25c where as the others are always room temp in standby.

Plus the version 1.6 has a 5 volt in standby that would need switching off.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, Lamaman1971 said:

No, a 1.6 Xbox PSU is not compatible with a 1.0-1.5 console.  No way to convert them to be so. They use a different standby voltage 5Vdc compared to older models with 3.3Vdc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Listai
      Hi everyone!
      I picked up an xbox on FB marketplace for $20 as I couldn't resist as I'd always pined over the system back when I had a PS2 and GC in the early 00s. It wasn't in the best condition but I was determined to bring it back to its former glory.

(That gunk in the grills is cigarette residue, the whole thing stunk to high heaven)
      Resolute in my mission I cracked it open and spent the better part of three hours cleaning it. The system itself is a 1.6 and all of the capacitors appear to be in good shape, the DVD tray wouldn't open at first but after I disassembled it and gave the belt a clean it now works like a charm.

I've gone all in and have since ordered an Aladdin X2 modchip, an LPC rebuild board an 80 wire IDE cable and an IDE to Sata adapter. I'll be installing a 3TB HDD but I'm waiting on those components to come from China before I can start modding in earnest. I'm picking up an HD AV pack from a friend (who found it in his closet haha) and will be setting it up on my Sony PVM 20L2 (which sadly doesn't go above 480i) but I've picked up a few games over the years in the hopes that I'd eventually get the system to match!
      Anyway I missed out on this system as a kid so I'm looking forward to playing through the exclusives and the superior versions of PS2 games I loved (Burnout 3, Timesplitters etc)

Thanks for reading!

• By Craiguk
      So i decided to paint my Xbox today,  Used 2 coats of Plastic Priimer followed by 3 coast of Ignition Red.  I thought i had some clear coat but turns out i didnt.  I dont think it's turned out to bad to be honest 😃
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By ProtoMorphix
      Hey guys! 
      New here and wasn’t too sure where to put this.
      I recently purchased a TSOP Xbox from eBay, the issue I have is that I’m playing it on my flat screen, but it keeps stretching games into a 16:9 aspect ratio and it is KILLING me.
      i have done everything from setting the setting in the original menu to normal and 480p and nothing higher, to changing the Setting in the multiple software on the xbox. 

Any one got any suggestions to help stopping this stretching? It’s really annoying.
      i did manage to get it into 4:3 but this was forcing it through the framemeister and having that set to 4:3.
      Any help will be appreciated, cheers guys!
      Paul

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.