Sign in to follow this  
hapyman

Cannot Load Hexen Cd Anymore After Tsop

Hi All,

After successfully TSOPing my 1.4 xbox, I can no longer load the Hexen disc. Is this normal?

I am running unleash X as my dashboard. I was able to load  the Hexen disc to complete my initial TSOP, but not anymore. Any thoughts?

It has nothing to do with that as literally everyone else who tsop flashes and runs Unleash X can read anything if their dvd drive works. Your dvd drive is nearing 20 years old. It's most likely on its way out as everyone else's is. You will be better served by FTP'ing anyways. 

Hi Admin,

Thank you for your reply. The DVD drive reads my retail XBOX games and audio CDs perfectly. So I don't think the DVD drive is failing.

It only has trouble reading the Hexen dvd. I was able to load the Hexen DVD during the initial TSOP stage. After TSOP, the Hexen is no longer loading.

I prefer to use the DVD to repair or fix any issues in the future if my HD fails. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, hapyman said:

Hi Admin,

Thank you for your reply. The DVD drive reads my retail XBOX games and audio CDs perfectly. So I don't think the DVD drive is failing.

It only has trouble reading the Hexen dvd. I was able to load the Hexen DVD during the initial TSOP stage. After TSOP, the Hexen is no longer loading.

I prefer to use the DVD to repair or fix any issues in the future if my HD fails. Any ideas?

Your logic is pretty flawed. 
You think your drive is good because it reads pressed games and pressed audio cds perfectly, yet won't read your burned dvd. 
You're describing a failing dvd drive to the letter. If you'd prefer to use the dvd drive, you may have to purchase another or you can try the pot tweak for your drive. 

You could try making a new Hexen disk and when your burning it set the write speed as slow as the burner will go , Also some USB style DVD/CD writers are slower than built in one's.

I also have a preference for Verbatim DVD-r disk's but you may need to try different brands and types DVD-r, DVD+r, DVD-rw  it can be hit and miss.

As Admin has posted now that you can network in to the Xbox that's the most reliable way to get files on your Xbox.

And as it's been mentioned before the all the drives are getting to the end of there life and the 1st sign is having problems reading copied disk's and slightly marked ones.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Hi All,

Thank you all for replying. I resolved my issue. Turns out that I needed to wait for a while (at least 40-60 seconds) for my Hexen disc to boot from the dvd drive.

There is nothing wrong with my DVD drive or the Hexen disc. My apologies.

That's good to hear I had forgot about the long delay that Hexen has.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.