OGXbox.com

Error 16 after changeing the modchip

Eisbier

On 3/20/2024 at 4:20 AM, Eisbier said:

First say hello to the members!

After years i found my xbox again 😉 . I have a 1.0 with a xecuter 1 modchip and i replaced the dvd drive to a Samsungs SD 616. I thought i would be nice to have a modifed box with more than my 80GB HDD. So tried my best. I solderd out the old modchip, replaced it with a cheap aladdin from aliexpress an removed the capacitor for the clock. Now i have the problems. I got an error 16 when i started up the box. No EvoX logo is shown on the screen. No DVD like OGXbox Installer ist working so far. The led on the modchip ist red when turned on.

I tried this with the old cable and old hdd.

I think the modchip is not working.

What are the possible problems? Did I some mistakes with soldering? Is the modchip garbage? Should i flash the chip out of the modchip. If this is correct. Witch cheap programmer should i use. 

Thanks for your help!.

eisbier

If you don't see Evox logo during the startup animation, the modchip's BIOS is not loading.  Check your D0 connection.  Grounding this line tells the system to boot/load the BIOS from the modchip (LPC-attached device) instead of from the onboard TSOP flash memory chip.

I don't see the evoX logo during start. This is why i was wondering. I think the modchip is not working. But why?

First I tought I damaged the board while desoldering xecuter 1. Now what I said is that every PIN from LPC has continuity to a point on the motherboard like shown in the pictures. I thought, then it could not be a soldering problem because the connection physically exists. Or I am wrong?

Mayby there is problem with the chip itself. 

Posted (edited)

Are the any differences between the modchips? My executer 1 needs also a D0 connection. I solderd a wire to a point on the top of the board an I removed it for aladdin. Could this be a problem:

Install guide for executer 1.0:

Screenshot 2024-03-26 145526.png

Edited by Eisbier