OGXbox.com

Is Hexen Supposed To Show Up As an Empty Iso?

CnPx

First of all im sorry if this is in the wrong place i couldnt find an Xbox support section on the forum and this seem like the most correct place. 

I burnt Hexen to a DVD and then after there was nothing showing up on the disc so i double checked the iso by mounting it and then it said its corrupted. 

P9Ra1eU.png.209631ac9000dd358029b442d12cc1ad.png

I'm using the Hexen 2018 disc from this website. I also tried downloading from both Mega and mediafire and i'm getting the same problems. 

When I try opening the disc when its mounted i get this. 

v2OKTj1.png.e620d0197ef1e12a0ed6c844c3f78a2b.png

This is what showed up on the disc after burning. 

cEQF4zJ.png.c797ed8aa3551235768206231a2cf4ca.png

I didn't want to test it in my xbox incase something went wrong. I wanted to check with people that are more experienced then me as i only just got my Hard modded xbox. 

Link i used to download Hexen 2018 

• 2 months later...

Thats not what's happening to me but sounds similar . I too have an empty iso before I burn the disc . Then it won't let me create a disc because there is nothing in file , weird.

Wondering if you got yours to work or not ? I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong or am missing something. I would love to use Hexen 2019 if possible. If you find a dl site let me know also. 

Much appreciated. Ryan

Yes. Windows natively does not understand the XISO format.  You can use Qwix, C-Xbox Tool or other XISO creation/extraction application to see the content of HeXEn 2018's dot iso file.

The disc image once burned to DVD-R is not readable by Windows.

As long as your Xbox's DVD drive is working well, it will read it.  It takes about a minute after booting it (eject ring should turn RED) before the menu appears.

12 hours ago, ScorpionX said:

Thats not what's happening to me but sounds similar . I too have an empty iso before I burn the disc . Then it won't let me create a disc because there is nothing in file , weird.

Wondering if you got yours to work or not ? I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong or am missing something. I would love to use Hexen 2019 if possible. If you find a dl site let me know also. 

Much appreciated. Ryan

HeXEn 2019 is available here:-

I know the download/ISO works OK because I used it for a recent TSOP flash. I have original HeXEn, HeXins (installed version), HeXEn 2017, 2018 and decided it was a sensible idea to get the most recently updated version too for that job.

I've just now re-downloaded to re-check it, burned a new disc and it has literally just this minute booted perfectly for the first time. BTW be aware it will take 30 - 40 seconds to boot HeXEn and the front LED will go red through its use. This is normal.

Did you actually extract it first? It comes in as a compressed ZIP file with the ISO inside. You need to extract it first.

I'd recommend 7Zip for that - it integrates into the right mouse context menu unobtrusively. It extract to a TruHeXen2019 named folder with a box cover art TIFF and the actual 1.74GB ISO inside. Nothing more than that needs to be done.

Now use ImgBurn* > "Write image file to disc" at the default settings. Select the location of that ISO and burn it at slowest speed the media supports. DVD-R is the only guaranteed universally Xbox compatible media and that is usually x4. If your Xbox disc drive can not read it you can be fairly certain there is something wrong with the disc drive not the disc.

*ImgBurn is a great tool but be aware some mirror downloads from the official web site are to installers which may include a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). Apparently there is an opt out but some anti-virus/anti-malware programs may flag it because of this.

In cases like this personally I'd go to Ninite - who 'guarantee' their downloads are PUP free and get it from there. I've just checked and they host both ImgBurn and 7Zip so you could kill two birds with one stone. 

Edited by HDShadow

• 2 years later...

Hi , I burn hexen to dvd-r using img burn but my Xbox won’t load it up , it don’t read the disc I Tryed a bunch of times .. I don’t get the red and green light just blinks green and don’t load .. I’ve installed a new HDD and have my Xbox hard modded .. I’m using unleashedx any ideas. 

• 8 months later...