OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

That should have worked but lets try this one

iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin

You may need to put this config file on the Xbox as well I can't remember if it is on C drive or E drive try both.

ind-bios.cfg

I normally use a x2-5035 BIOS but it will not fit on the modchip but it will fit on the TSOP on a version 1.0-1.1

To recover the white modchip you need to do a hot swap reflash.

Boot from the red mod chip and the load your BIOS flash program and just before you say yes to complete the flash unplug the red one and plug the white one on the board  then say yes to flash the bios

Let me know if it works.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Dave are there it works even if I think it was not making good contact on the feet, however I did as you said, swap before confirming, 
but he has not programmed he gave error and he stopped, then restarting I saw that he started with that chip I remade flash again and it worked,
 now I have the white chip with 2 TB HD and the red chip I keep it for the next mod if you only do a soldering I can do it .. hey you're a wizard Dave, but all these things who taught you them hahaha .. if sometimes it happens that you come to sicily ... warn me .. ok stop with this xbox .. I thought maybe it was better to remove the clock capacitor I don't remember if it had been removed but now I have reassembled everything.
But if you don't use the Xbox, can the condenser deteriorate and throw out the acid?
I have never removed all my xboxes and I have kept them in the garage in cardboard boxes, I hope they do not lose acid over time, I do not use them so I believe that I cannot have this problem .. what do you think?
Edited by archfranck

That's good news that you now have 2 working mod chip's

The clock caps will still leak even without been used so I would reopen the xbox and check.

Next set to reflash a TSOP on a version 1.0-1.4

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

now xbox is ok modchip aladdin white and HD 2 TB ... go in garage.ehehe Now i have an xbox that i already bought with soft mod .. i wanted to put a hadt disk ide from 320 gb, i tried to make the clone with chimp, but the chimp app didn't start i tried many versions, but nothing. Then I decided to extract the eprom and give a new say with linux on pc by putting the extracted epromm, ok it works, but it only sees me 120 gb, I tried to format f-g but nothing always 120 gb on f. I wanted to try with xbpartitione 1.3, but it gives me the usual error that lba 48 v2 is missing. But I was also wondering about the soft mod you can update the eprom to put large hard drives. I remember that in the garage I have about 15 xboxes with soft mods and hard disks larger than 137 gb, from 250 I think but I have never had any problems with bios lba 48 .. This is an xbox 1.0 I have already removed my first condenser with my hands (zigzag) and then cleaned all around with isopropyl alcohol .. I was almost doing the Hard mod, if just a soldering is enough, I saw that the holes for the connector are closed and you have to use a tin sucker ... I don't know what to do but I have already mounted the 320 gb hard disk it is just a matter of solving the problem of lba 48 and I leave it so .. I don't know what to do?

I also send you a photo of my dead c64 - drive 1541 and xbox

now go in farage and one all day xbox 1.0-1.5 remove condensator clock.. ....

988267977_IMG_20200503_1452541(Copia).thumb.jpg.ea6f4e696a0ea4851ad43123b980fefd.jpg

IMG_20200503_142303[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200503_143511[1] (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

I was doubtful that this xbox 1.0 does not make me mount a 320 gb ide hard disk, could it be that instead of soft mod it has tsop with a bios that does not support large disks?
How do I know if it has the tsop from the R7D3 and R7R4 welds?
Excuse me ignorance only now I understood that they were used to flash the original for the tsop and you intended to join those nearby points with a drop of welding, I had understood to connect a wire that would join r7d3 and r7r4 ... eheheh now I understand more.
So actually there is no need to buy chipmods, just tsoping on 1.0-1.5 is quite simple.
Edited by archfranck

You do not join R7D3 and R7R4 together

If you look at R7D3 it should look like this 

You need to link the 2 solder pads.

IMG_20200504_093137.jpg.292c33697ca238903003bb04fcd186ea.jpg    IMG_20200504_094235.jpg.5829203ff514a6f8a8f3a17e11013fe8.jpg

Before                                                                  After

Cheers

SS Dave

Now do the same for R7R4

IMG_20200504_093137.jpg.1103f0ac266a2ebb85535b553b0c8908.jpg   IMG_20200504_094235.jpg.6bbb4792c82717f226ee9664188e3a77.jpg

Before                                                          After

Cheers

SS Dave

You will also need one of the following games

Splinter Cell

Tony Hawks pro skater 4

007 Agent Under Fire

Mechassault (The Version that is NOT Xbox live enabled)

Cheers

SS Dave

ahh now I have checked this latest xbox 1.0 does not have the softmod but the tsop I will show you the photo of the weld, so I believe it does not read the large 320 gb harddisk as it lacks the bios with lba 48 2 version. So do I have to flash an updated bios here as well?

this is the c64 that i keep on my desk

IMG_20200504_081449[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200504_075137[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200504_075204[1] (Copia).jpg

27 minutes ago, archfranck said:

ahh for the tsop, in addition to soldering those 2 points, do you have to do the procedure as for the softmod inserting the game and doing the exploit?

Yes you do but I do it differently.

Cheers

SS Dave

ok understood this xbox 1.0 has already made the tsop, but I think it has the bios not updated. I saw that in that video the bios is taken on net (netbios) .. which one should I use .. usually you give it to me and I put it in the folder c \ bios,, in the video it connects to the internet and downloads it .. what I do? do you need photo bios checker?

Edited by archfranck

yes i have splinter cell

but if I do the checkpoint procedure (linux) on splinter cell it doesn't work, it doesn't work .. I think it has already been done, I already have the tsop active, I think .. I just have to update bios ...

Edited by archfranck