OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, archfranck said:

1.58 MB · 0 downloads  ok Dave 2 TB installed, but a new bios is needed to properly use xbpartitioner 1.3.
I send you photos of biod checker, I wouldn't want to go wrong bios and I need your advice.
THANK YOU  ( xbmc write bios:evox M8 plus(1.6)

Hi archfranck

What version Xbox are you working on now and what mod chip.?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

You need to use a M8plus_16.bin bios

The _16 is for a version 1.6 Xbox

This is a tool that can customise the Evox BIOS (EVtool.exe) and there is a copy of the M8plus_16 bios in there as well

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wm71grg65h285lf/AAApzqnRjA9KjomS73xmImfUa?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

It would be better if you can tell me  the make of modchip or maybe a pic before you go flashing.

The problem with the bios checking program is 2 things 1st it's way out of date  and 2nd is it inaccurate. I tested it with 4 different modchips and it got it correct once.

For flashing the mod chip's I use Xblast and that can be installed from hexen you then FTP the BIOS file to C drive in a folder called bios (C:bios) then 

load Xblast and select settings,Flash menu,HDD flash then click on the EvoxM8plus_16 bios from the list  and confirm flash with the buttons displayed on the screen.

The Xbox will reboot with the new BIOS  when finished.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

OKKKKK all Ok Dave bios ok and format F and G ok  2 TB.

Now need copyalla game in f and G and coinops and ninia massive... i see good configuration grafics in youtube very beautiful mod xbox by Franck.. i see in youtube.. possible download.. possible see procedure ? Franck use xbmc4gamers? or other?example this link

Frontend is xbmc4 gamers or other app  very perfect.. i have all games , and frontend coinops hiperspin and emulator  but this grafic and this order is perfect.. possible have this possible download .. you have link.. or no possible.. tanck  

anyway thanks dave for the help you always give me

Edited by archfranck

hello dave .. how can I create a compressed zip or rar backup file of partitions F and G so that every time I want to make a 2 TB hard disk with xbox games I can copy them directly from the backup created? only F and G...

i am creating a raw .img backup with hddraw copy. But could I use the compressed form imgc to save space? does it work the same?

Edited by archfranck

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao Dave ho comprato 2 hard disk da 2 tb e volevo metterli dentro 2 xbox con modchip, ma ho sempre il dubbio del bios da flashare, anche se ho già fatto diversi, sono sempre spaventati da fare danno.
Ti invio le immagini del primo xbox del bios e una foto del chip che dovrebbe essere xeno.
Quando hai tempo fammi sapere che bios flashare.
questa xbox è una 1.6.
Per ora è un brutto periodo con questo virus ma passerà basta guardare un po attenti e evitare contatti con troppe persone.

NON RIESCO A INSERIRE LE IMMAGINI...

I7.jpg

IMG_20200312_193627.jpg

Edited by archfranck

That Bios checking program is as good as a ashtray on a motorbike it's useless in other words. Ha Ha

The mod chip in the pic is a Aladdin chip and can have any 256kb bios

Seeing that is a version 1.6  I would use a EvoX M8plus_16 bios.

It probably already has that bios in it but it may not support large hard drives but you can try anyway.

If you want you can flash this bios to the modchip or have a look on your install disk.

New 1.6 Bios.bin

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Everything ok works I copied the clone of 2TB with raw hdd copy.
Now the evox logo no longer appears, but I think it is normal.
Just a problem.
Xbox Does not restart from the dashboard, nor from the game with the key combination.
That is, it turns off and instead of restarting, the orange LED of the DVD eject button remains and I have to switch off and on again with the power button.
maybe some chip or dashboard settings?

Ho scoperto che se premo il pulsante di espulsione sul DVD, il carrello esce e si riavvia normalmente e il carrello rimane espulso .. potrebbe quindi essere un problema relativo all'espulsione del carrello DVD o ai contatti di espulsione. ..  booo

Edited by archfranck

• 1 month later...
ello Dave .. how is everything ok? for now with this virus .. we are all at home ..
I wanted to ask you for advice .. the usual .. I'm going to put a 2 Tb Harddisk and the bios is not updated .
. it is an Xbox V. 1.1 with mcredo aladdin chip .. I send you a hole .. I have already tried to flash a 256 kb bios evox m8 but nothing still doesn't see the partitions .
. probably that eprom is obsolete .. advise me what to flash .. thanks

IMG_20200425_122823.jpg

IMG_20200424_214431.jpg

That modchip is commonly called a cheap_mod and as far a I know to reflash it you needa external programer to flash the chip itself.

I am guessing that the board is a version 1.0-1.1 and if it was me I would flash the TSOP chip and then you could remove that chip or fit a new modchip that can be flashed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

You know what I do I put .. I have another xbox with mod hard that has a 320 gb ide hard disk .
. I take that and I put it on this and the 2 Tb hard disk I put it in the first xbox .
. I'm afraid to mount a new mod chiop i don't have much experience with the soldering iron and the only time i tried i broke an xbox .
. sometimes i get an original xbox and give me support i try to do it again .. ok thanks dave