OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

TANCKSSSSSSS

Hi Dave, then I got the first xbox, a bit of a rip off the dvd does not work absolutely does not start so I tried but use another dvd to understand if it was modified I put on a non original dvd and did not read it for which I thought were original .. the evox logo is not seen at startup and starts with the original ms dasboard. I opened it but I saw that it has an aladdin chip I think soldered without a base. Either it does not work or some solder or wire will be disconnected even if it looks well welded. Surely it is a 1.0-1.5 version I have seen the time capacitor in the usual place ... do I remove it? What should I do I remove the chipmod and try tsop or can something be done to keep the aladin chip and make it work?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave other information I tried to charge usb both tsop and softmod .. My usb mod soft key works and starts the exploit for which you could make the softmod, the Tsop key does block the xbox with green screen error .. I am almost sure that some file is missing in the tsop key

That Xbox is a version 1.1 

I shake me head when I see a mod chip fitted like that.

With the modchip I can not see a wire going to the BT solder point.

1166145696_IMG_20200513_2100321(Copia).jpg.9def37312064176f98fcfdee9e66748c.thumb.jpg.124eab5dc0550ffb2bd8f914635b045e.jpg

2 things 

Is the wire with the yellow/white arrow connected maybe post a better pick of that one

There is no wire in the black/white BT point try linking that to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Dave I checked the D0 point which however is not connected with any point .. I tried with the tester and it does not seem connected with any point .. then I realized that the wire you marked in white-yellow has come off but I don't remember more from where .. from the photos..I can't understand anymore ... it seems it was connected on the motherboard in the middle of those wires

IMG_20200514_142533[1] (Copia).jpg

I see the problem the D0 wire 

1721595422_D0ona1.0.PNG.56cee9b272ded5085075b87dbfa1225d.PNG

Connect the D0 point to ground 

the point on the bottom is a bigger spot and easy  to solder to.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Dave I am a little confused I connected the bt point to ground .. and then as soon as I tested the d0 point I realized the disconnected wire .. which I think is connected as in the photo.
What am I doing now?

Yes, you are right, it was connected to a D0 point ... now you tell me to reconnect it not there but on the back where the D0 point is thicker and therefore easier to weld?

Immagine.png

Edited by archfranck

The wire that you have circled is the D0 wire and I think is why the chip is not working.

Because the D0 spot on the top of the circuit board is very small it is hard to make a good solder connection.

Can solder it back on.

This way we can see if the chip is working. 

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok Dave unfortunately we can't understand with the language. I soldered a yellow wire behind on the alternative pundo D0 and brought it on the board. See the photo ... now I have to solder this wire with the red wire that had come off, or to ground as I did for the BT point?

LINE RED OR LINE BLACK

IMG_20200515_130100[1] (Copia).jpg

IMG_20200515_132039[1] (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

everything is fine I close .. in your opinion I have to flash an updated bios or that's it .. for now I put on a 320 gb ide hard disk but if one day I put a 2 tb hard disk on this quest is this bios ok?

Update i connect Hardisk 320 gb not see partition G... and i think need update.. (last ind bios work on 2 tb)

Edited by archfranck