OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

xbmc starts automatically like all the other xboxes that I have I do the usual procedure..
I put AID in the dvd and select modchip and put as initial dashboard xbmc.
But here I have the problem that as I said in the games I can't get out by pressing the key combination.
xbmc starts automatically I think from E: /xbmc..in fact I updated to version 3.5.3 it seems to me overwriting that folder

Immagine.png

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have not really used XBMC I am guessing as to a fix.

Have you Changed the BIOS on the mod chip at all or is it what came on it. When the Xbox boots up it there a logo of some description on the top left of the screen?

I did just try 2 Xbox's with XBMC and yes they would reset the game and reboot the XBMC dash with Left/Right trigger then Back and Black buttons.

Sorry I don't have fix for yours the only thing I can suggest would be a new install to an evox style dash then set up your IGR comands (In Game Reset)the change the default dash to XBMC

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

no not have changed bios...but i think after resolve this problem, need change bios .. i have HD 500 gb and need change bios after..i have hold bios 

in start lopk only logo evox.. normal..nut now try install dashboard evox in star and try..tanck Dave for your patience..i have very passion for game.. retrogame, c64, xbox, wii, , bartop and  simulator race rfator 2  , assetto corsa, project car, ecc 😀

Edited by archfranck

i have installed evolution x and now see evox.ini.. problem no resolve.. in game no reset and i see file but your string not exist send you my evox.ini

Start_Button            = Yes
Back_Button            = Yes
L_Trig                       = Yes
R_Trig                       = Yes
White_Button     = No
Black_Button     = No
A_Button            = No
B_Button            = No
X_Button            = No
Y_Button            = No

https://mega.nz/#!IQpERADZ!x7AkENJdUV59lHWGY6nFxFbmp6a8eRfXMrUOEbKKr9Q

another file evox.ini other version xevolution

https://mega.nz/#!oRJXjIga!yn3q6I3fxTTmVBZmh2BYbUh11TffiCGCAe1DfsoTmrU

Dave i try use same installer and xbmc  equal other my xbox and try same game... problem no resolve last xbox no exit in game.. now i thin is damaged  or modchip or motherboard..i think possible try soft mod and disconnected modchip.. is very difficult to use all game .. after finish need close power button...ummmm i dont.. know.. i want use HD 500 gb but no good i use in other xbox... if possible use 500gb in soft mode?  i have buy new xbox original no chipped and i want soiftmode 500 gb.. possible?  i have xbox 2 TB but chipmodded.. 

Edited by archfranck

Open the evox.ini with notepad change the No to Yes then save and when you have saved it FTP it back to the Xbox in the same location the it came from and then reboot the Xbox.

In the evox.ini file change the No to yes  for IGR (in game reset)

evoxini.PNG.f24987c3b10f805eba4f4482e97a42fc.PNG

Also I would change change StaticIP to No

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

incredible...

I tried to change yes in the IGR section ... nothing the same ... it doesn't come out of the games .. Dave lets it go don't waste more time .. I'm more and more convinced of a hardware problem ... however it's not a big problem I put a frontend coinops on original hd with all the arcade games and I leave it like this. This is my xbox n. 17 and in Italy the n. 17 is unfortunate eheheeh ... now I have bought 2 more to which I want to do the soft modification and I want to put on a 500 gb HD and then I had a couple of questions when it arrives to me ... thanks again for the availability

Edited by archfranck

It looks like your missing this from your .ini file

[IGR]

Start_Button         = No
Back_Button          = Yes
L_Trig               = Yes
R_Trig               = Yes
White_Button         = No
Black_Button         = Yes
B_Button             = No
X_Button             = No
Y_Button             = No

Copy and past in to the evox.ini below the network settings and above clock settings like the pick below

Capture21.PNG.f0bc85e19203b8d6f463c38fea819933.PNG

And don't forget to save and reboot and make sure that IGR =Yes

The wire you show to cut is not pin 6.  Pin 1 is the pin with the square pad on the opposite end of the connector.  The numbers alternate between the short sides of the connector

LPC Debug Port (Looking down on Top of Motherboard)

16 15
14 13
12 11
10 09
08 07
06 05
04 03
02 01 <---square pad

When installing an Aladdin XT  plus 2 into a v1.6 Xbox, pins 4 and 6 should be removed from the pin header before soldering it into the LPC Debug Port.

yes now it works .. you are a magician ... I didn't believe it I was convinced it was a hard problem ..
 now with evox as launcher it works.
Installed by slayers 3.77 full .. now then I can put 500 gb HD ... but I had to change bios and definitely the 80-wire sata cable ..
. then I ask you for support for which bios to load .
. now I settle down a bit and then just ready I tell you what bios I have and which one I have to put on in order not to make mistakes .
.. thanks again I wasn't hoping ... so you can play and use better .
.. I still don't explain it to me as never with all my installers it has none working 1 ... boooo
Edited by archfranck

ok I did some tests .. Slayer 3.77 nice program .
. it only works with exolution x and I tried to change the initial dashboard and it doesn't work with xbmc nor with uleash 
.. too bad uleash I like it as a skin .
. at this point then on xbmc or on uleash there will be some setting or xml file or ini to modify anyway I keep evolution okkk
Edited by archfranck

however that xbox was strange, now i have at home an original xbox on which i made softmod installed xbmc and a game and i normally go out of the game without problems .. i already made eprom backup now i do the clone with swap, but i had a doubt .. 250 giga needs 80 ide ide cable and you can put everything in F or you must also have G. Above how many GB should Xbpartitioner 3 be used? Until now I have only done 2 x 2 TB xboxes, but I have a couple of old 250 GB hard disks and one 500 GB at home

13 hours ago, archfranck said:

.. I can get out and in any case the combination of keys is always the 2 triggers and back + start

That's a bit odd.

I tried a new install using the disk you just downloaded and set XBMC as the default dash.

IMG_20200109_102128.thumb.jpg.f093aadffcff1edb91f5adcce7c07805.jpg  IMG_20200109_102204.thumb.jpg.64dc8f87294a04fd41a34cdb889bdad4.jpg  IMG_20200109_102439.thumb.jpg.e036677dd0fac30438b0068a64673505.jpg  IMG_20200109_102458.thumb.jpg.a99b8a01890aa07675b84346610e28fb.jpg  IMG_20200109_102522.thumb.jpg.62c3bc4b1011cbd94734c3db25c64bb5.jpg  IMG_20200109_114915.thumb.jpg.2e8a05d4800b102ae1fa57d8c39f5d95.jpg  IMG_20200109_105851.thumb.jpg.76e1522512e88c2550e47c86bb30d851.jpg

I then tried the IGR using hold left and right triggers then back and black, The system rebooted I then loaded a game in the same Xbox and after the game had loaded I used the same combination  of buttons to reset it.

Dave

yes I know for that xbox is strange ... now I have another one already made the soft mod .. I have a 250 GB HD and I have to clone it when hot, can I leave the standard ide connector or do I have to put one with 80 wires?

do not waste more time with that Xbox .. in part I solved
Edited by archfranck

1 hour ago, archfranck said:

yes I know for that xbox is strange ... now I have another one already made the soft mod .. I have a 250 GB HD and I have to clone it when hot, can I leave the standard ide connector or do I have to put one with 80 wires?

If the hard drive has a 40 pin plug (standard IDE) you can use the 40way cable

I have 2 Xbox's with 500gig drives and 1 with a 750gig and they all use the 40way cable.

If your using a SATA to IDE adapter then you need to use a 80way cable.

Cheers

I Have many original Xbox's (25)

also an Xbox 360, PS1,PS2,PS3 Commodore 128D with extra disk drives ,A standup 2 player arcade machine(Not working yet), Pinball machine, pool-table,Poker machine also not working yet and that's just inside the house. I am pretty sure that there is a Commodore 64 in the shed.

I like toys

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Dave your opinion .. I'm taking several original xboxes and all of them are truly original without the screws ever being unscrewed .. I always do the soft mod because at least the xbox can be exploited and I always put a bigger hard disk 200 -250 GB.
Am I wrong? should I leave them original ..?
I always keep the original hard drive in case the new hard drive fails.
and in any case I can always bring it original by removing the softmod, but I repeat only the original one is of little use ...
what do you think about it?
Hello
Edited by archfranck