OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just about losing 20GB. xbpartitoner has a stupid bug, i have learned that the hard way since i was not aware of this bug. When you hit this"Bug limit" just one megabyte can kill all your games on HD if your HD isn't formatet properly.

At the end this bug cost me about 1 week since i had to start 3 times from scatch.

hello Dave this time I did damage, I got a new xbox v.1.6 with modchip I installed 250 gb hard disk but as usual I only sold 120 gb in partition F. I wanted to flash an encore for v1.6, but it was not specified the size I flashed and in the middle it stopped I think I flashed 512kb instead of 256 and now it doesn't start anymore ... what an idiot I'm too hurry I didn't ask you .. and now he won't leave ... do I have any hope of resurrecting him?

IMG_20200610_133231[1] (Copia).jpg

5 hours ago, archfranck said:

hello Dave this time I did damage, I got a new xbox v.1.6 with modchip I installed 250 gb hard disk but as usual I only sold 120 gb in partition F. I wanted to flash an encore for v1.6, but it was not specified the size I flashed and in the middle it stopped I think I flashed 512kb instead of 256 and now it doesn't start anymore ... what an idiot I'm too hurry I didn't ask you .. and now he won't leave ... do I have any hope of resurrecting him?

IMG_20200610_133231[1] (Copia).jpg

To fix it I would use a version 1.0-1.4 Xbox  that all ready has a modchip fitted

Boot the Xbox with the working chip and load the BIOS flash program the just before you commint to flashing swap the chip without powering down the Xbox then flash it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

You will need to unsolder the wire from the black chip and label them so you can put them back on.

The white chip you only need to move the wire that is on the D0 on the chip and solder to ground

991930779_IMG_20200610_2315471(Copia).thumb.jpg.a0f2cae68601df0acadb476aae153d64.jpg.f510c2d0767d6b345adc5f9c6fde77ee.jpg

then boot the Xbox and load the flash program with a evox M8 BIOS for the 1.6 Xbox

Just before you say ok to flash unplug the white chip and plug the black one on.

then say ok to flash

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

then dave 1 operation unsolder the 3 wires from the black chip of the 1.6 and label them ok easy, Then I launch Xbox 1.4 with the DVD slayer and leave it on the main menu. Then I detach the white chip and attach the black chip. But I didn't understand which ground point should be soldered with the black chip just mounted on the D0 point of the black chip?

but anyway if I have not misunderstood the bios is installed in the chipmod .. I have another 6-7 chip mod between aladdin and others .. bad that it goes I already have the 3 wires soldered on the motherboard it is about soldering them to the new aladdin chip. it should also be easy

You need to remove the Black chip from the board and label the wires so you can but them back on.

The white chip take the D0 wire from the chip and ground it before you boot the Xbox.

Now boot the Xbox with the white chip and the start the BIOS flash program.

Now you can unplug the white chip and plug the black one on the board  you do not need to solder any wires to the black chip to flash it.

Cheers

SS Dave

29 minutes ago, archfranck said:

but if I replace the modchip with a new one? the bios is stored in the mother scherdqa or in the modchip?

The modchip with the bad flash cannot load an install disk like hexen that is why you need the 2nd modchip. You turn on your Xbox with the 2nd modchip and the install disk in the dvd drive. You can then navigate to the flash menu but don’t flash the bios until you have swapped the modchips as SS Dave has explained, ideally you would have three hands to achieve this and leave the wires slightly longer to keep the modchips out of way of each other. If you have a piece of cardboard you can place it on the motherboard to stop any shorts.