OGXbox.com

Moving From Softmod To Modchip

xboxkid

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave last update, I also welded the point C with the pasta and I also did it badly because I put too much and I was afraid it would touch the point B.
Anyway, I got tired and reassembled everything.
I tried to turn it off and on 3 times and it works properly it turns off and on again properly now I try to keep it a little on let's see if it goes off.
But this I think is another problem the fact that after 10-20-30 min it turns itself off.
But I no longer want to waste time with this xbox.

3 hours ago, archfranck said:

Dave last update, I also welded the point C with the pasta and I also did it badly because I put too much and I was afraid it would touch the point B.
Anyway, I got tired and reassembled everything.
I tried to turn it off and on 3 times and it works properly it turns off and on again properly now I try to keep it a little on let's see if it goes off.
But this I think is another problem the fact that after 10-20-30 min it turns itself off.
But I no longer want to waste time with this xbox.

If it is turning off after about 30mins it might be getting hot, try upping the fan speed or lowering the temp for when the fan kicks in.

4 hours ago, archfranck said:

dave I don't know how but it works all power button ok and I kept it on 1 hour and everything ok ... I close everything screws and everything, I put hard disk 1 tera and I don't open it anymore .. heheheh ... moment of luck

Can you post a pic of the power supply.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I would check the power supply

IMG_20200616_074010.thumb.jpg.a133a47bc01cd38496dd9e44ea61fb99.jpg

I have seen bad solder in the red circles 

And this was from a customer that said the Xbox was turning off randomly.

IMG_20200616_074024.thumb.jpg.fd17e67e53d91b26a38dc82463245ee6.jpg

The pis are the 5 volt

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Disclaimer: 
I take no responsibility if you damage your motherboard, X-Box or person when doing this tutorial. Do so at your own risk. 

It has been pointed out by chunkhead from the afterdawn.com and llama.com Forums that some X-Box motherboards have a corrosion problem on some traces. 
This corrosion is due to some sort of contamination from the factory. 
Due to this corrosion, it was found that some X-Boxes affected can produce the following symptoms: 
(1) The X-Box fails to power down using the power on/off button on the front panel. The power cord has to be pulled out to shut it down. 
(2) As soon as the power cord is plugged in, the X-Box powers up without pressing either the on/off or eject buttons. 
(3) While the X-Box is on for a certain amount of time, it shuts down by itself for no reason. The time factor before shut down can vary wildly. 
These symptoms are identical to mine so I believe that those soldering of A-B-C wires may have solved it

Yes the repair you did is becoming more common

The solder on the power supply is also a problem.

Just be careful as in side the red box it is high voltage

Example 110 volt in and it can be as high as 200 volt or 220 volt = 300 volt

IMG_20200616_082455.thumb.jpg.9482d1a024acaa1c82c10210530a8655.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Dave 2:30 hours open xbox is ok.. i have copied 60 gb.. no close..

Dave I thought you were English, instead you are Australian, on the other side of the world.
In fact, I didn't understand why you had that car that I don't know here in Europe ... eheh

Ok finish copy last game and sleeep

Edited by archfranck

I have the same, but I only have the raw image of 2 tb and 500 gb, I miss from 1 tb, so I must first put all the games and then make me a raw image and save it for the next time.

ahh ma il tuo è 3.0 and withot pc ahhhh good

I did not know it could be done without a pc but I believe that with mine it cannot.

my is IDE and SATA and no possible SATA- SATA

send my link buy..amazon ebay

IMG_20200616_010820[1] (Copia).jpg

Edited by archfranck

dave the xbox the last one works very well, accesses normal, 4 hours via ftp to copy .. all ok.
Now next steo I have 2 xbox 1.6 and 2 aladdin xt plus chips, now I feel safe with soldering on small points, on very small or difficult points I use corrosive paste that seems to work well it becomes hard and glues the wire.
Give me support on how to put the aladdin chip on v. 1.6 with as few welds as possible.
I read, I have some documents, but I always prefer your support ..

I already ordered the hardisk copier

6 hours ago, archfranck said:

dave the xbox the last one works very well, accesses normal, 4 hours via ftp to copy .. all ok.
Now next steo I have 2 xbox 1.6 and 2 aladdin xt plus chips, now I feel safe with soldering on small points, on very small or difficult points I use corrosive paste that seems to work well it becomes hard and glues the wire.
Give me support on how to put the aladdin chip on v. 1.6 with as few welds as possible.
I read, I have some documents, but I always prefer your support ..

I already ordered the hardisk copier

With the copier I have a 2tb hard drive that is a working unlocked Xbox HDD that I use as a master and copy to a blank 2tb when I upgrade a Xbox.

This is how I mod a version 1.6 Xbox

1316255521_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.d9e3e0cec37b790a27a6cac1fb6f0fda.jpg

The arrow is pointing to the D0 point and it needs to be soldered to the D0 on the modchip and not to ground.

I do not use the D0 wire and I cut the LFRAME trace.

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

I also link the BT on the modchip to ground (Pin 2)

IMG_20200404_103218.jpg.e98d9f1a9035534dc245b75ad3bdff2f.thumb.jpg.77714f911f2b39fac85ab8ff173e371a.jpg

I also cut the trace under the yellow line and add a link (green line) from R1 to Pin 9 (3.3 volt).

This way the LED is switched on and off in a version 1.6.

Cheers

SS Dave

is your 2TB image treated as graphics, or did you just insert all the games into it? .. I saw very beautiful 2 tb footage collected graphically and also as very nice customized dash, but I was unable to download any one in no way and in no site ... Do you know where to download a beautiful and complete one?