Bigdddydee

Cloning-Adding the XBox Game Collection Origins Pack

On 10/16/2019 at 10:29 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The stock MS dashboard must not be included in the C drive of the Origins Pack.  :(

Error 16 is lose of clock data. Connect the original hard drive, boot into the MS dashboard and set the date and time.  Leave the AC power connected (be careful not to touch the power supply as it has high-voltages present on the heat sinks and will shock you if touched) and swap hard drives.

You clock cap may be dead (leaked electrolyte or removed) thus no longer holds a charge to power the clock running for a short time.  There is no CMOS battery to hold the time.  The Xbox's clock pulls too much current for a normal PC clock battery to last more than a few days or week at the most.  Thus the clock cap was used to keep the time for a few hours while you moved the console from one room to another but longer than that you have to set to clock again.  Your console must not be modded. I'm not sure if the Origins drive is softmodded.  If not, your console has to be hard modded (TSOP reflash or modchip installed) for it to work.

So I did the hard drive swap after setting the time. Now I'm getting a Error 7. I'm using a IDE to sata board and I checked all connections and they are good.

*EDIT* I am getting the same error if the hard drive is not connected. So its like its not detecting the new hard drive. Should there be anything else on the new hard drive other than the imgc file that I burned with HDDraw copy?

Edited by fireslayer26

2 hours ago, fireslayer26 said:

So I did the hard drive swap after setting the time. Now I'm getting a Error 7. I'm using a IDE to sata board and I checked all connections and they are good.

*EDIT* I am getting the same error if the hard drive is not connected. So its like its not detecting the new hard drive. Should there be anything else on the new hard drive other than the imgc file that I burned with HDDraw copy?

No once the image is written to the hard drive that should be it.

Error 7 - hard drive timeout.  The Xbox is not able to access the hard drive.  Make sure you have it powered. :)  IDE cable connected to the adapter and it is set to MASTER.  

What you Need:
-A TSOP Mod or chip with your Bios image set to have an F and G Drive
-(!IMPORTANT!) Xbox Ready 2TB HDD With Drives F and G set to 927.78 GB using 64k clusters and the drive set to unlocked
-A 80-Wire Ultra ATA 2-Drive Ribbon Cable pre installed in your Xbox
-A way to connect your drive to your computer

1. Start by grabbing the NZB and downloading whats there (1640 RAR file in parts)
TIP: Add extra connections in your usenet client to achive higher speeds until your speeds are hitting the limit
2. When you finish go to part one and right click "Extract Files..." set where you want it and under "Miscellaneous" section check "Keep Broken Files" (this is for WinRAR do the equivilent for your choice of decompresion software)
TIP: Dont worry about the corupt file warnings! just wait for it to finish!
3. When finished, start the torrent (on Arcade Punks same place as the NZB) and tell it to download in the same location as the file you got from extracting the parts we got from the NZB.
4. Your torrent Client should check and complete the file. This will take much longer for the remaining 162GB of data.
5. When it finishes you should have a complete working writable image file.
6. Download and install HDD Raw, Copy Tool make sure, your drive is connected, Select the complete image we just obtained as the source, select the Xbox drive as the Target.
TIP: MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVE AS YOUR TARGET You'll risk computer imparement or data loss... or both.
7. Wait for the drive to write.
8. Put the drive in your Xbox and Test the image.
9. Assuming all went well, Profit.  <This was a copy and past from someone else......... I followed this and it worked. Mine is TSOP flashed with  IND bios. I used the HeXEN disc to prepare the 2TB hard drive in the Xbox. It should recognize as new drive so install as you would any other drive with dashboard. Then go into Xbox partioner and format F and G. If you are having problems getting F and G to have 927 GB 64k clusters each, set to 926 each and format and back out, Then go back in and set to 927 and format, now your dash will see F and G both at 927GB and ready for your new 2TB image. Take out of Xbox go to computer and write the 2TB Origns to your drive. Once complete put back in your Xbox and enjoy.

• Like 2

Hi Can someone please shed some light, I Have just managed to download all 1640 rar files via usenet it took a couple of days however during extraction via WinRar it fails after about 160gb of Extraction saying unexpected end of archive missing 1641, I have tried checking again using Altbinz again but there are only 1640 parts. I have tried to extract using 7zip too and can see the xbox_origins_2tb.Imgc file size 1 722 491 776 362 and packed size 1 547 698 002 160 ..... there are 1640 folders all together labeld 2tborigpunk.part0001  I have selected the check box in WinRars miscellaneous settings to say keep broken files as per stangX's instructions but with same results. If i try to open it with 7zip It shows the IMGC file no probs but in properties sais missing folder 1641 and throws up a crc error.  I'm reading the above posts on here and on arcade punks and there seems to be different amounts of folders compared to the original release so I am a little confused. Any help be greatly appreciated thanks, Jamie.

Edited by StarMan

1 hour ago, StarMan said:

Hi Can someone please shed some light, I Have just managed to download all 1640 rar files via usenet it took a couple of days however during extraction via WinRar it fails after about 160gb of Extraction saying unexpected end of archive missing 1641, I have tried checking again using Altbinz again but there are only 1640 parts. I have tried to extract using 7zip too and can see the xbox_origins_2tb.Imgc file size 1 722 491 776 362 and packed size 1 547 698 002 160 ..... there are 1640 folders all together labeld 2tborigpunk.part0001  I have selected the check box in WinRars miscellaneous settings to say keep broken files as per stangX's instructions but with same results. If i try to open it with 7zip It shows the IMGC file no probs but in properties sais missing folder 1641 and throws up a crc error.  I'm reading the above posts on here and on arcade punks and there seems to be different amounts of folders compared to the original release so I am a little confused. Any help be greatly appreciated thanks, Jamie.

The NZB arcade punks is hosting has one corrupt file.  You can get a valid copy of the bad file from here: Please login or register to see this link.

Hi piri8man Thanks for your reply and Link I saw that others had probs with that file but I did not download it as I had no error saying that file was corrupt, have you had the same problem as me with the missing 1641 file? Does this 0574 somehow fix it? , I am currently trying a complete re download of all the folders and I shall also add the part 0574 I cannot help wonder that what I'm experiencing is something else. as some people are saying that they need to ignore errors and finish off with the torrent download. I am using the latest version of WinRar x64 as per the uploaders recommendations. Thanks, Jamie