Mahbyt

Black Screen When Installing Rocky5's Softmod

Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.

It's all good. We swapped the cables (and even the TV) with the other console we setup this morning and it went just fine.

After copying the two save files, the Splinter Cell checkpoint game save (5553000c) and the softmod installer save (21585554), to the HDD, reboot/power cycle the console before running the game and loading the game save that starts the softmod installer.  

Have you had any succes with this? Used the techniques described above on an XBox this morning and it went fine, but running it on another one now, even with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, I'm still getting just a black screen, red light and nothing else.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By SS_Dave
      When your tring to solder to a circuit board and you damage it don't despair most stuff up's can be fixed
      If you have ripped the trace off the Xbox circuit board you need to STOP and try to relax, Walk away from the job for a minute or ten or more if neaded

This is the trace that is damaged and need's to be repaired.
      This is a pic of a undamaged PCB same location.Please login or register to see this attachment.
      The red wire is what was suposed to happenPlease login or register to see this link.

1st step Clean off the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link.

I cheated and used a Glass fiber pen to do that but gentley scraping the track is ok you only nead to remove the paint.
      Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

2nd Step Add flux to the board

3rd Tin the trace

4th Prep the wire you are going to use. I use wirewrap wire for a repair like this one as it's a single strand.

5th Tin and trim the wire. I should have trimed it a bit shorter

6th Lay the wire on the tinned trace and apply heat.

7th Clean up the PCB

Now rince and repeat for the other end.
      Once you have tested it and your happy a small dob of hot melt glue or even a dob(pin head sise) of super glue to stop the wire moving. Not on the solder joint say 5 to 10mm(1/4 inch) from the solder joint.

• By Gray1
      I got a problem with a TSOP console but it may have nothing to do with TSOP. When I try to calibrate my screen and save, XBOX gives "unable to save" Error #3.  Any idea what Error 3 is ?

Thanks

• By Hector Hidalgo
      Guys,

I need to know if you can transfer saves with no issues after you upgrade your HDD, is this possible? I want to upgrade my HDD using Chimp (but I have to wait for my Sata to IDE adaptor to arrive).
      I have access to FTP the files over ethernet, so that is no problem for me, but, would the saves work on the new HDD??

My eeprom.bin has been nulled already by following Mr. Marios tutorial on Youtube by the way.

Please let me know what you guys know please! Thank you all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.