Mahbyt

Black Screen When Installing Rocky5's Softmod

Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.

It's all good. We swapped the cables (and even the TV) with the other console we setup this morning and it went just fine.

After copying the two save files, the Splinter Cell checkpoint game save (5553000c) and the softmod installer save (21585554), to the HDD, reboot/power cycle the console before running the game and loading the game save that starts the softmod installer.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By OgxEnthu
      I have an old softmodded Xbox with a 2TB hard drive that is loaded. I just ordered a new Xbox that I will be softmodding. How do I move my 2TB hard drive from the old Xbox to the new one?
      (I want to keep everything that's on the 2TB hard drive)
      Please keep it simple. I'm new to this whole modding thing. Detailed step by step would be much appreciated.
    • By Acidmank
      Hey all.  i hope you can help.
      My 'Project Xbox'  (V1.4) which i generally tinker with has an Aladdin X2 running IND bios.
      All my other Xbox's are either soft modded or have Xceuter 2 installed.
      I've never tsop'd a console and was thinking that i should give it a go and move the Aladdin X2 off too one of my 1.6's that has been soft modded.

Can i boot to dash, pull the chip and then flash the tsop?   Assume i have already bridged the 1.4 mobo ready for a tsop flash?
      ( This box, like all my others has a failed DVD that doesn't read discs. so need to do all this from the xbox itself)
      And...  what software should i flash with?

Thanks heaps

• By emosun
      I have a v1 xbox that I softmodded with the unleash , ummmmm , dash or mod.....ok I'm a noob give me a break.

I already successfully modded my own v1 xbox with unleash , i even upgraded the hard drive then to a 300gb one and ripped some of my dvd games onto it. so at this point I felt invincible. I then tried to mod my friends v1 xbox doing the exact same thing.

Removed clock capacitor and cleaned
      installed unleash
      copied drive to a larger one
      started loading dvd games

However I also tried downloading an emulator. I got it installed , sucessfully played an old diddy kong SNES game , but within the emulator there was a "reboot" option that I selected. The second It rebooted the console now is now in FRAG mode. there is no video output , it attempts to boot twice power cycling every second until the frag. It frags regardless of what drives are connected or unplugged. I ASUME the board has a problem with the firmware or bios and that it's my fault for trying the reboot feature in whatever emulator it was. (i should have just stuck with xbox games)

So now i'm in a pickle , I asume the board will need some sort of bios flash or perhaps even a chip installed to fix the bios which is beyond my skill level. AND OR...... if i could unlock either of the two drives that console has I could save the game saves and music the console had on it..... and just buy a new xbox.

Basically i need to solve the frag , or rescue the data. any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.