OGXbox.com

TSOP identify

Peppie

I have a v1.0 xbox wich was softmodded. I bought it that was. today I wanted to Tsop flash it. I soldered the points they show continuity with the multimeter.

I update the softmod with rocky's extras ddisk to a modern softmod.

But I want cerbios to be able to play cci games

So I took the cerbios installer disk and flashed mij made bios with the cerbiosdisk option softmod. 

But when I started the flash nothing happened.so went back to the menu and flashed the original bios ....... wrong button so now I am stuk with the original bios again. Not a big deal because I can soft mod t again probably. Tomorrw i receive a copy of splintercell so I will try.

But why did it not flash? I probably made a wrong bios? I used a tool for my executer x2 chip and coupled 4 ecrbioses (256 Kb) and created a 1MB biosfile.

But may be that is not ok.... Or I have a different kind of tsop chip......

I took a phot could someone please tell me what kind of TSOPO i have? it has a sticker but I do not see the name......

Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg.bf6db0d2ac77b8a2189424b28fa5835b.jpeg

A tsop flash is a hardmod. You do not want to softmod with this, either before or after. It always causes problems. Pick either a softmod or a TSOP flash. There is no reason to do both. A TSOP flash is a better alternative to the solution that a softmod attempts to address; modding your console. If you are opening your console up and soldering things, it defeats the purpose of what a softmod is for, which is to avoid having to hardmod because you are either unable or hesitant to try to solder.

Just use the TSOP flashing kit and drag your Cerbios file to the flash drive, then use the TSOP installer menu to copy that bios over to C:/Bios/. Then flash it using pure Xblast in the TSOP flasher menu.

If you are softmodding because you want a dashboard and apps use and installer, such as the OGXbox Installer Disc.

Try to flash your TSOP with XBlast. if it cannot address the TSOP for some reason, let us diagnose further.

thanks Bowlsnapper.

I did not realise it was possible to direct tsop flash it. I will read my self in to it. I took the roed via softmod because it was already softmodded. I made either a mistake or the points were still not good although I tested them. So I resoldered the points and I will try again!!

Direct TSOP wow that sounds better!

4 minutes ago, Peppie said:

thanks Bowlsnapper.

I did not realise it was possible to direct tsop flash it. I will read my self in to it. I took the roed via softmod because it was already softmodded. I made either a mistake or the points were still not good although I tested them. So I resoldered the points and I will try again!!

Direct TSOP wow that sounds better!

It is simpler. However, since your HDD is set up for a softmod, I would back up your data and format C and E. Then use an installer to set the drive up for the hardmod. so You can backup the files now with ftp, do the TSOP flash, and then be sure to have the installer disc ready and boot from it, as you MAY not be able to boot with the softmod structure. I honestly don't know, but I would back up your files before the TSOP flash, just in case!

The drive is not accesible since the softmod is gone. Can I reach the drive with ftp? I thought that was only possible after the TSOP?

I am not worried about the files on the drive that much I am experimenting now. It is a locked 40 GB HDD so in the end it will possibly will be replaced. 

I tried to ftp to the drive with filezilla but no luck. I think there is no ftp server in the standard Xbox.

10 minutes ago, Peppie said:

The drive is not accesible since the softmod is gone. Can I reach the drive with ftp? I thought that was only possible after the TSOP?

I am not worried about the files on the drive that much I am experimenting now. It is a locked 40 GB HDD so in the end it will possibly will be replaced. 

I tried to ftp to the drive with filezilla but no luck. I think there is no ftp server in the standard Xbox.

Usually, either a dashboard or Bios menu will allow HDD access through FTP. If you have neither right now, then you have no FTP access. You cannot run an installer disc in the current state as there is no BFM to run or hacked bios in the TSOP yet... However, since current files are no concern, then It doesn't matter for the time being.In order to run the TSOP installer, you must use the MS Dasboard. Do you have the stock HDD that came with the console, or any unlocked HDD with the MS dash present? It uses the same exploit that the softmod does and requires the MS dash and one of the exploitable games to run.

Just to clarify this a little for anyone reading in the future. 

Up until a year or so ago, it was required to softmod your xbox in order to perform a TSOP flash. It is now very much possible to flash the TSOP at the same point in which you were to trigger the softmod game save exploit. You just need the TSOP flash game save files instead of the softmod. Same process, different results.  My how far we have come. 

Edited by MadMartigan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Usually, either a dashboard or Bios menu will allow HDD access through FTP. If you have neither right now, then you have no FTP access. You cannot run an installer disc in the current state as there is no BFM to run or hacked bios in the TSOP yet... However, since current files are no concern, then It doesn't matter for the time being.In order to run the TSOP installer, you must use the MS Dasboard. Do you have the stock HDD that came with the console, or any unlocked HDD with the MS dash present? It uses the same exploit that the softmod does and requires the MS dash and one of the exploitable games to run.

The 40 GB HDD is present. The xbox is now like a stock xbox with a slightly bigger HDD. Stock dashboard is present. Also some savegames from splintercell. 007 and mechassult. So i have no idea wich game was used for the exploit.

This afternoon i hope to receive a cope of splintercell and a usb adapter. I gathered some old usbdrives and hope that one wil work.....

I have never dealt with softmods or TSOP'S. Back ij the day I had a modchip in my new xbox the smartxx. 

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Up until a year or so ago, it was required to softmod your xbox in order to perform a TSOP flash. It is now very much possible to flash the TSOP at the same point in which you were to trigger the softmod game save exploit. You just need the TSOP flash game save files instead of the softmod. Same process, different results.  My how far we have come. 

Ah that makes sense. I have been away from xbox modding for nearly 20n years or so , so I have to catch up......

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Peppie said:

The 40 GB HDD is present. The xbox is now like a stock xbox with a slightly bigger HDD. Stock dashboard is present. Also some savegames from splintercell. 007 and mechassult. So i have no idea wich game was used for the exploit

Look for something similar to these icons. 

Screenshot_20240207_112051_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240207_112056_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Huh? A year ago?  I've never softmodded even back in the day when TSOP flashing hit the scene.  007 and Mechassault Evox flashers with 1024k bios bins worked great.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, digiblur said:

Huh? A year ago?  I've never softmodded even back in the day when TSOP flashing hit the scene.  007 and Mechassault Evox flashers with 1024k bios bins worked great.  

You're saying that you TSOP flashed without a softmod already before this tool was out? Could you please tell us how?

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

You're saying that you TSOP flashed without a softmod already before this tool was out? Could you please tell us how?

5 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Yes, please enlighten us. I had never heard anyone say this before then. Seems it would’ve been much more widespread news if this were the case, long ago. 

I'm not sure if we're splitting hairs here but I've never softmodded either. I tsop flashed hundreds of xboxs back in 2002/3 - 2006 just by running the exploit and having it run raincoat. Then I'd go to my pc and give it the commands to erase the tsop and then write the bios to it. 
IMO running the exploit is not softmodding. It allows us to run the 1 app, but does not in and of itself make the console run unsigned code at next boot. THAT would be a softmod. Forcing the exploit to run at every boot and then having that automatically load a bfm bios is a softmod. 
So yeah this has always been possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I'm not sure if we're splitting hairs here but I've never softmodded either. I tsop flashed hundreds of xboxs back in 2002/3 - 2006 just by running the exploit and having it run raincoat. Then I'd go to my pc and give it the commands to erase the tsop and then write the bios to it. 
IMO running the exploit is not softmodding. It allows us to run the 1 app, but does not in and of itself make the console run unsigned code at next boot. THAT would be a softmod. Forcing the exploit to run at every boot and then having that automatically load a bfm bios is a softmod. 

I view a softmod as having a dash and using the fonts exploit to load a BFM and thus, a dash at boot. This utilizes the savegame exploit to install the softmod. (You know this, I'm just stating) I had forgotten about raincoat. You're saying you TSOP flashed with LINUX back then? That seems so much more complicated than some straightforward XBE. I'm surprised Linux can even find the TSOP, let alone flash it.

However, the post by @digiblur confuses me. Were there ways to run Evox flashers (or XBlast) before Destiny's TSOP tool was around? I had never heard of it.

2 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I was strictly referring to swapping the save files and flashing the TSOP on the fly. No extra tools needed. I’m still legitimately curious as to what @digiblur is talking about. He can’t just leave us hanging like that. 

I never got into the softmod scene as it seemed to have issues from time to time. TSOP flashing was easier. I would just solder the two points. Copy the files from the memory card to the Xbox. Run the exploit and flash the TSOP. Done. Then of course swapped in to a massive 120 GB drive back then. 

3 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

THIS. But no ever lissened to what I said nor read what I wrote.

There are couple of TSOP flashing tools around. But the majorety of user here which think that they are high skilled Pro or Elite don't know a shit but have always something to say.

To list just a couple of TSOP "kits" :

• 007 TSOP Flash Kit
  • SANGR3ALs TSOP Flasher
  • NMS TSOP Flasher
  • evox matrix tsop flash

And I have always wrote " I have createt the FOR ME pefect TSOP flasher". NEVER said anything else or claimed to be the first one doing a TSOP flasher. I just did it in a different way or better used XBlast instead of EvoX or Raincoat. Even there are TSOP tools I made which offer all possible flasher.

But needless to write this here right? The Pros and Elites always know better and they will go on talking shit....

2 hours ago, digiblur said:

I never got into the softmod scene as it seemed to have issues from time to time. TSOP flashing was easier. I would just solder the two points. Copy the files from the memory card to the Xbox. Run the exploit and flash the TSOP. Done. Then of course swapped in to a massive 120 GB drive back then. 

I'll have to look into the previous methods to flash the TSOP as I was out of the scene when it was starting to be done I think. Hardmodding is the way! :)

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

But needless to write this here right? The Pros and Elites always know better and they will go on talking shit....

This constant need to hate on certain users is getting boring now. We know you don't like certain people you have made that perfectly clear.  We don't need tag lines on every post to remind us. 

58 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

This constant need to hate on certain users is getting boring now. We know you don't like certain people you have made that perfectly clear.  We don't need tag lines on every post to remind us. 

I find that post quit intersting. Maybe you can guess for your self why.

And the right word is "contempt" not "hate". Just saying cuz, there are very little people I hate.

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I find that post quit intersting. Maybe you can guess for your self why.

And the right word is "contempt" not "hate". Just saying cuz, there are very little people I hate.

Just stating that we ALL know you have "contempt" for certain users on this site and that you don't need to keep repeating yourself. 

I also take it from your response that you include me in your "pros and elites" comment. Fair enough mate, that's quite interesting too and thanks for the compliment although I would consider myself far from either of those things.