OGXbox.com

TSOP identify

Peppie

11 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I'm not sure if we're splitting hairs here but I've never softmodded either. I tsop flashed hundreds of xboxs back in 2002/3 - 2006 just by running the exploit and having it run raincoat. Then I'd go to my pc and give it the commands to erase the tsop and then write the bios to it. 
IMO running the exploit is not softmodding. It allows us to run the 1 app, but does not in and of itself make the console run unsigned code at next boot. THAT would be a softmod. Forcing the exploit to run at every boot and then having that automatically load a bfm bios is a softmod. 
So yeah this has always been possible. 

Exactly how I look at things on what the words softmod and hardmod mean.  

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I view a softmod as having a dash and using the fonts exploit to load a BFM and thus, a dash at boot. This utilizes the savegame exploit to install the softmod. (You know this, I'm just stating) I had forgotten about raincoat. You're saying you TSOP flashed with LINUX back then? That seems so much more complicated than some straightforward XBE. I'm surprised Linux can even find the TSOP, let alone flash it.

However, the post by @digiblur confuses me. Were there ways to run Evox flashers (or XBlast) before Destiny's TSOP tool was around? I had never heard of it.

Yeah I flashed with linux back then because it had no trouble with Winbond TSOPs. So I would just do all TSOP's the same way. Also, raincoat is way more stable than evox. You didn't have to worry about the console crashing during the erasure or flash and bricking. It would always complete. So it was my preferred way to do it. 

• Like 3