OGXbox.com

Debunking MakeMHz

NeMesiS

Some information I came across: (Not my own words)

• The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in the United States prohibits the circumvention of digital rights management (DRM) and other protective measures on copyrighted works, which includes video games. Even if a console is considered obsolete, the copyrights on the games may still be in effect.

• In the United States, video game copyright lasts for the life of the creator plus 70 years. This means that if the creator of the game is still alive, the copyright lasts for 70 years after their death. If the creator is deceased, the copyright lasts for 70 years after the year of their death.

• The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in the United States prohibits the circumvention of technological measures that control access to copyrighted works. This includes devices like modchips that are designed to bypass digital rights management (DRM) systems. Generally, the DMCA does not provide copyright protection for devices or technologies that are specifically designed to circumvent DRM.

30 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Some information I came across: (Not my own words)

• The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in the United States prohibits the circumvention of digital rights management (DRM) and other protective measures on copyrighted works, which includes video games. Even if a console is considered obsolete, the copyrights on the games may still be in effect.

• In the United States, video game copyright lasts for the life of the creator plus 70 years. This means that if the creator of the game is still alive, the copyright lasts for 70 years after their death. If the creator is deceased, the copyright lasts for 70 years after the year of their death.

• The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) in the United States prohibits the circumvention of technological measures that control access to copyrighted works. This includes devices like modchips that are designed to bypass digital rights management (DRM) systems. Generally, the DMCA does not provide copyright protection for devices or technologies that are specifically designed to circumvent DRM.

This is you selling modchips with XeniumOS preinstalled which bypasses Xbox DRM by not booting into the retail kernel, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196118797013

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for you to do so (it is technically Xodus software and Ryzee's CPLD code), but it's a similar situation with Stellar, except I'd imagine Stellar is slightly more protected in that it's non-functional and has no chance of bypassing anything out of the box until the user adds their stuff to it. Again, not a lawyer, I just think you guys are grasping for straws here when literally everyone else in the scene is doing equal or worse. Why you're ganging up on Dustin for attempting to do things by the book is beyond me.

38 minutes ago, eeksdee said:

Nem, it seems xbox7887 answered your question, will you reply?

Sure, once I'm on top of my commitments for the day.
Can't promise I will have time to reply in detail today.

Those notes were still open on my browser this morning,
figured I'd post them before closing all the tabs...

8 hours ago, Ernegien said:

This is you selling modchips with XeniumOS preinstalled which bypasses Xbox DRM by not booting into the retail kernel, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196118797013

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for you to do so (it is technically Xodus software and Ryzee's CPLD code), but it's a similar situation with Stellar, except I'd imagine Stellar is slightly more protected in that it's non-functional and has no chance of bypassing anything out of the box until the user adds their stuff to it. Again, not a lawyer, I just think you guys are grasping for straws here when literally everyone else in the scene is doing equal or worse. Why you're ganging up on Dustin for attempting to do things by the book is beyond me.

So you’re telling us and stating to us all that the pineapple end does nothing to tell the end users PC to “hack”. If that were the case,then why is the pineapple end involved? It would simply NOT BE NEEDED! . The packets,assets and all the crap you talk about,where are the commands coming from to tell the end users PC what to do?? Logic says pineapple place lol. There is nothing legal about what is going on there if you ask me.

Is there a “patent” on the hardware?? I’d like to see it if there is.

Edited by ACE_AU

8 hours ago, ACE_AU said:

So you’re telling us and stating to us all that the pineapple end does nothing to tell the end users PC to “hack”. If that were the case,then why is the pineapple end involved? It would simply NOT BE NEEDED! . The packets,assets and all the crap you talk about,where are the commands coming from to tell the end users PC what to do?? Logic says pineapple place lol. There is nothing legal about what is going on there if you ask me.

Is there a “patent” on the hardware?? I’d like to see it if there is.

I’m telling you (which anyone can independently confirm) the site just allows the user to upload their copy of the retail 5838 bios directly to the Stellar chip over USB, nothing more. The combining of Dustin’s original code (StellarOS firmware) and the 5838 bios image supplied by the user happens within the Stellar chip on each boot cycle. You appear to be implying Microsoft stuff travels between the end user and Dustin, but that’s simply not the case; he doesn’t host any of that.

6 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I ran across this thread from Milenko, the person behind Cerbios

You got it wrong, it's not Milenko that is the head of cerbios, but Milkeno. These are 2 totally different people. :) Thats just been said by Dustin, but he does know nothin. Nobody knows who cerbios is. But I'm sure its definitely not Milenko/Milkeno. His coding is not good enough to code a bios :D.

1353945402_Schermafbeelding2023-12-11om20_12_22.thumb.png.4938db15f5ef5e94b29041511a308d8c.png

Edited by Dempsey_86
  • Haha 2

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

screen6.jpg

proto.jpg

Make-MHz-Xbox-HDMI.jpg

I looked around a bit, and I think this is actually pretty simple. The design that the HD+ is based on is ryzee's open-source HDMI mod. The HDMI design (basically) was around well before the MakeMHZ variant. It uses the same ICs, and follows the same basic design.

The code for the STM32 was written years ago, well before the MakeMHZ version existed. Since Ryzee and Dustin are obviously affiliated with each other, logic and common sense would dictate that the STM32/MCU code was used for the MakeMHZ version. No stealing is necessary for anybody. So this claim is without merit. Perhaps the code was needed to be modified a bit, but I doubt it's different enough to matter much.

Nemesis is allowed to create his own HDMI encoder based on the same open source design. MakeMHZ does not own the rights to every single HDMI encoder that poses a threat to his income. He chose to move the MCU to the Stellar in an attempt to lock people in. This was a poor decision. If an answer can be provided as to why this was done for any other reason, I'm sure the community would love to hear it. Or, maybe Dustin can speak for himself for once, instead of sending people over in proxy to speak for him. I think people would respect that.

What we are seeing now is damage control. That's all. As OGXbox Admin has said, if this company is not fit to survive on its own due to the decisions it makes, it will fail upon its own merits, or lack thereof. In the meantime, it would be respectful and decent if Nemesis was allowed to continue his work unimpeded and without baseless accusations of theft. Evidence is awesome.

.....And so are Corgis. :)

Edited by ILoveCorgis

This has been covered before.... plenty of times.... They were both independently working on a HDMI mod, and at some point they found out the other was working on one -- and shared info... There's no based on, there's no stolen. Hell even DiscoStarslayer was working on one back then. Had literally any of you been active in XboxDev in 2018~19 you'd know all of this. Instead it's been non-stop 'infighting' and same old scene shit.

Edited by eeksdee

9 minutes ago, eeksdee said:

This has been covered before.... plenty of times.... They were both independently working on a HDMI mod, and at some point they found out the other was working on one -- and shared info... There's no based on, there's no stolen. Hell even DiscoStarslayer was working on one back then. Had literally any of you been active in XboxDev in 2018~19 you'd know all of this. Instead it's been non-stop 'infighting' and same old scene shit.

So if that's the case, why are they all coming for Nems' design? why wasnt there any infighting back then? something changed?

something about competition?

4 minutes ago, eeksdee said:

> why wasnt there any infighting back then?

Couldn't tell you. Probably has to do with them all being acquainted with each other for year(s), and all 3 having each original designs. But you'd have to ask them. I'm just a nobody who hangs around.

Then why bring it up? 

If somebody started selling Ryzee HDMI encoders under the license, would Dustin have a problem then? If so, then why is the github even up still?

3 minutes ago, eeksdee said:

> would Dustin have a problem then

Couldn't image so, if it were actually derivative of Ryzee's work.

Then I guess he has no leg to stand on and this is a dead issue... especially since there is no evidence yet of what the supposed Nemesis design would be, if he even wants to do it anymore.

Just now, Marty said:

Does Nemesis have his own firmware to distribute with his design?

Not being cheeky, it just seems to center around that....if Nemesis releases his own firmware then, yeah....his work was self-contained and not reliant on anyone else's heavy lifting.

If firmware already exists for the STM32 when working with the ADV7511, and is open source, I don't understand what the issue is... That's what the MakeMHZ version uses. Dustin can't have it both ways. If it's Nem's OWN design then the firmware would HAVE to differ from Ryzee/MakeMHZ. If he plans on using the STM32 with the ADV7511, then how different could it possibly be and still work? 

Like I said, Dustin can't claim rights to something that is open source... It's a dead issue.

On 12/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, Ernegien said:

The problem with your questions (and many others' as well) is they're usually all over the board and hard to track whereas I'm always talking about the same specific thing, but I'll try my best.

Likewise...

The reasoning behind its acquisition is also not so devious, so sorry to disappoint. Believe it or not, it's just a really cool piece of Xbox history (probably top 5 in my book) and the RTOS used at the time is super interesting from a technical perspective which not many know or even care about.

The modville one is somewhat petty if true, but I'm not Dustin (not sure why I have to even say this, but these opinions are all my own), so I don't know what you expect from me in terms of any kind of explanation, why don't you ask him 🤷‍♂️

Simple, Dustin has a huge problem with anything that presents any meaningful competition.
What he is doing is anti-competitive behavior, there was absolutely no need for him to acquire these sites.
Perhaps if he were preserving TeamXodus site I would understand that, but we are just redirected to MakeMHz.

EDIT: Not to mention that MakeMHz abuses the TeamXodus domain to issue DMCA claims.

Below is yet another perfect example of Dustin's narcissistic behavior towards others.

ADCreHehzsrkypYg1D5rGwUQcDhEgsanZ3ODqr1Y

It sure does unfortunately. It's easy to predict where you're going based on what you've locked yourself into by planning around someone else's design. It's also kind of difficult for people to offer the assistance you've asked for if you aren't even willing to discuss specifically which part(s) you're stuck on, which Xbox versions are affected, what things you've tried etc.

I was discussing these things openly on my other thread until you among others took it upon yourself to attack yet another developer that showed signs of making a competing device, I don't discuss these things anymore due to these attacks. All I will be doing is giving you more ammunition in finding more things to complain about.

My presence here is purely reactionary, and it's quite simple, don't monetize other people's work and then cry foul and claim victim when you're called out on it. Your original designs are great, why don't you stick to those? This is literally the only issue I've ever had with you, and my stance here has been consistent.

3 hours ago, Ernegien said:

What your “evidence” looks like to anyone else that knows what they’re talking about :8_laughing:

On 12/11/2023 at 10:38 AM, Ernegien said:

Why you're ganging up on Dustin for attempting to do things by the book is beyond me.

Textbook narcissism...

The biggest issue people have with MakeMHz is how you guys treat others.
You guys have led countless attacks on people, including your own customers.
I haven't seen any apologies made in regard to the many false DMCA takedowns.
Including myself which you yourself acknowledged that was uncalled for.
Absolutely no respect or appreciation is shown towards people outside your small little circle.

ADCreHeF5WmFjX2gZwqqlvELk6CJApEuCKltDJ7H

15 hours ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I ran across this thread from Milenko:

Edit: I thought it was the guy behind Cerbios but apparently it is not. 

Don't believe everything MakeMHz say, much of it is misleading and false...

And how petty can MakeMHz get? ACE buys 6x XboxHD+ over 2 separate orders,
upon receiving the parcels all 6x sets of Flex cables and QSBs are missing.
And it doesn't seem that MakeMHz intends on sending ACE what he paid for.

Guess I'm just gonna have the get the Flex cables and QSB's designs I have manufactured
just to help Dustin's own customers who he decides to actively screw over!

The whole reason I made the Flex cables and QSB a couple years back was because
MakeMhz tried to screw me over. I basically started telling people that if they wanted
me to install a XboxHD+ that they would have to order/supply it for themselves.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Likewise...

Simple, Dustin has a huge problem with anything that presents any meaningful competition.
What he is doing is anti-competitive behavior, there was absolutely no need for him to acquire these sites.
Perhaps if he were preserving TeamXodus site I would understand that, but we are just redirected to MakeMHz.

EDIT: Not to mention that MakeMHz abuses the TeamXodus domain to issue DMCA claims.

Below is yet another perfect example of Dustin's narcissistic behavior towards others.

ADCreHehzsrkypYg1D5rGwUQcDhEgsanZ3ODqr1Y

I was discussing these things openly on my other thread until you among others took it upon yourself to attack yet another developer that showed signs of making a competing device, I don't discuss these things anymore due to these attacks. All I will be doing is giving you more ammunition in finding more things to complain about.

Textbook narcissism...

The biggest issue people have with MakeMHz is how you guys treat others.
You guys have led countless attacks on people, including your own customers.
I haven't seen any apologies made in regard to the many false DMCA takedowns.
Including myself which you yourself acknowledged that was uncalled for.
Absolutely no respect or appreciation is shown towards people outside your small little circle.

ADCreHeF5WmFjX2gZwqqlvELk6CJApEuCKltDJ7H

Don't believe everything MakeMHz say, much of it is misleading and false...

And how petty can MakeMHz get? ACE buys 6x XboxHD+ over 2 separate orders,
upon receiving the parcels all 6x sets of Flex cables and QSBs are missing.
And it doesn't seem that MakeMHz intends on sending ACE what he paid for.

Guess I'm just gonna have the get the Flex cables and QSB's designs I have manufactured
just to help Dustin's own customers who he decides to actively screw over!

The whole reason I made the Flex cables and QSB a couple years back was because
MakeMhz tried to screw me over. I basically started telling people that if they wanted
me to install a XboxHD+ that they would have to order/supply it for themselves.

Thanks, but the only questions I'm really interested in having answered for now (which you've conveniently skipped) are these (and this is just one specific example out of many I know to exist as differences between "your" design and Ryzee's). Please tell us a bit more about your design from a technical perspective; anyone else I know would be ecstatic to discuss their creation and the trials/tribulations encountered along the way.

6 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

Thanks, but the only questions I'm really interested in having answered for now (which you've conveniently skipped) are these (and this is just one specific example out of many I know to exist as differences between "your" design and Ryzee's). Please tell us a bit more about your design from a technical perspective; anyone else I know would be ecstatic to discuss their creation and the trials/tribulations encountered along the way.

Even if that includes information that MakeMHz would prefer not to be posted?

Don't think my solution to this is going to work to your advantage.

Can easily do this using nothing but publicly available documentations.

• Like 1