OGXbox.com

FTP problems

Zion Da Wolfo

5 hours ago, Zion Da Wolfo said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to FTP music over to my F partition on my softmodded xbox but it does not FTP over and when I try to acces the F partition on my xbox it says Path not found or invallid. The E Partition works fine. Does someone know whats going on? 

Edit: I'm on vacation right now I will look into the comments once i get back at: 03-08-2023 for Europe or 08-03-2023 for America.

I'd suggest you use XBPartitioner v1.3 and check that F:\ was properly formatted. If it has an ER(ror) against Extended Drive 6 (F) that's your problem.

Unfortunately if either of the extended drives, F:\ (or G:\), is corrupted because of incorrect formatting that's it. You'll have to reformatted for both and that will wipe them entirely.

Hope it is not this but I suspect it is. :(

Edited by HDShadow

8 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I'd suggest you use XBPartitioner v1.3 and check that F:\ was properly formatted. If it has an ER(ror) against Extended Drive 6 (F) that's your problem.

Unfortunately if either of the extended drives, F:\ (or G:\), is corrupted because of incorrect formatting that's it. You'll have to reformatted for both and that will wipe them entirely.

Hope it is not this but I suspect it is. :(

I looked into XBPartitioner v1.3 and it al seemed fine but i never used it so im not sure, I have still the stock hdd installed. Do you see anything that may cause the problem?

20230720_091459_4.jpg

7 hours ago, lopenator said:

sounds like corruption to me. Has the partition worked in the past or this a new setup?

it sounds dumb but i never looked at that partition. when I bought my xbox there was a old softmod on it and I just upgraded it. I realised now that F is not working it also says that G is not available? when i FTP to my xbox i don't see a G partition...

1 hour ago, prtscn said:

It looks like you have stock 10GB HDD. Forget about extended partitions. These are for custom hard drives. Everything is in order here.

I know I have the stock hdd but why is my F partition not working...? and why does it say that I have 1 extended partition even tho I have a stock hdd?

45 minutes ago, Zion Da Wolfo said:

I know I have the stock hdd but why is my F partition not working...? and why does it say that I have 1 extended partition even tho I have a stock hdd?

Disable extended partitions in 'custom dashboard' settings, so detection of these will be disable and no messages will bother you. F and E partitions dont exist on stock harddrives.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:45 AM, Zion Da Wolfo said:

The original Xbox hard drives were 8GBs.  Some Seagate hard drives later in the production cycle changed to 10GBs; however, for the Xbox only 8GBs were used.  You can prep/format the additional 2GBs to get a small ~2GB partition 6 (F drive).  However, access to F may not be enabled in the replacement dashboard.  Each has its own setting to enable access to the F partition.  Make sure access to F is turned on. 

I know that both Evoxdash and UnleashX have such settings. 

XBMC however, may not, it simply looks for all possible partitions and if properly formatted adds access to it. 

Download XBMC's xbmc.log file.  Post it at pastebin.com and add a link to it here so I can look through it for any errors.

On 7/20/2023 at 2:31 AM, Zion Da Wolfo said:

when i FTP to my xbox i don't see a G partition...

There is no G drive available on a 10GB stock hard drive.

For unmodded Xboxes, there's no access to an F or G drive. The original stock 8GB hard drive is split between the stock partitions C, E, X, Y, and Z.  No extended partition 6 (F) or 7 (G) drive available.  Those partitions are only accessible on larger hard drives.  Generally, F up to the old LBA28 137GB hard drive maximum size limit and G the additional space available beyond the 137GB limit for larger than 137GB HDDs.   However, there are other items to consider when creating larger partitions without errors occurring at a later time.  For example, an extended partition formatted with 32KB clusters supports a maximum partition size of 512GBs.  If you create a partition over 512GBs using 32KB clusters once more than 512GBs of data is written to the drive, the partition will be corrupted.  Start over formatted all of the extended partitions and writing the data back to them.

Cluster size - max properly supported partition size

16KB clusters - 256GBs

32KB clusters - 512GBs

64KB clusters - 1024GBs (1TB)

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The original Xbox hard drives were 8GBs.  Some Seagate hard drives later in the production cycle changed to 10GBs; however, for the Xbox only 8GBs were used.  You can prep/format the additional 2GBs to get a small ~2GB partition 6 (F drive).  However, access to F may not be enabled in the replacement dashboard.  Each has its own setting to enable access to the F partition.  Make sure access to F is turned on. 

I know that both Evoxdash and UnleashX have such settings. 

XBMC however, may not, it simply looks for all possible partitions and if properly formatted adds access to it. 

Download XBMC's xbmc.log file.  Post it at pastebin.com and add a link to it here so I can look through it for any errors.

Okay i will do that once im back from my vacation in 2 weeks

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There is no G drive available on a 10GB stock hard drive.

For unmodded Xboxes, there's no access to an F or G drive. The original stock 8GB hard drive is split between the stock partitions C, E, X, Y, and Z.  No extended partition 6 (F) or 7 (G) drive available.  Those partitions are only accessible on larger hard drives.  Generally, F up to the old LBA28 137GB hard drive maximum size limit and G the additional space available beyond the 137GB limit for larger than 137GB HDDs.   However, there are other items to consider when creating larger partitions without errors occurring at a later time.  For example, an extended partition formatted with 32KB clusters supports a maximum partition size of 512GBs.  If you create a partition over 512GBs using 32KB clusters once more than 512GBs of data is written to the drive, the partition will be corrupted.  Start over formatted all of the extended partitions and writing the data back to them.

Cluster size - max properly supported partition size

16KB clusters - 256GBs

32KB clusters - 512GBs

64KB clusters - 1024GBs (1TB)

Okay thank you very much for the information

5 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What I think would be a good idea is a guide on how to ftp with a crossover cable. It can obviously be done, but WOW is it a pain in the ass. Maybe I can do that for us :)

Sometimes, two Xboxes is all you have!

A CAT5 cable works just fine with FTP. If your PC has a built-in ethernet card, then its possible. :)

18 minutes ago, SylverReZ said:

A CAT5 cable works just fine with FTP. If your PC has a built-in ethernet card, then its possible. :)

I just mean when 2 Xboxes is literally all you have. Lol. I remember me and my friend (who's Xbox I modded) went on a vacation to the mountains and rented a cabin. I had made sure there were two tvs and just grabbed the crossover cable instead of multiple cat cables and a router. We decided that we wanted some of each other's games. I had to use some combination of Avalaunch (to browse) and XBMC just to host. And sometimes they didn't want to see each other and I had to mess with the static IP settings, making sure they were right. And then basically restart the network which meant restarting the Xboxes. It was a REAL pain in the ass, but we got it done. Haha.