OGXbox.com

FTP problems

Zion Da Wolfo

10 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I just mean when 2 Xboxes is literally all you have. Lol. I remember me and my friend (who's Xbox I modded) went on a vacation to the mountains and rented a cabin. I had made sure there were two tvs and just grabbed the crossover cable instead of multiple cat cables and a router. We decided that we wanted some of each other's games. I had to use some combination of Avalaunch (to browse) and XBMC just to host. And sometimes they didn't want to see each other and I had to mess with the static IP settings, making sure they were right. And then basically restart the network which meant restarting the Xboxes. It was a REAL pain in the ass, but we got it done. Haha.

UnleashX has an FTP client built into its File Manager.  To use it, you have to enable it from the Select menu in either the File Manager's left or right-hand pane.  Once selected, you are able to enter the IP address and login information for the remote (other Xbox's) FTP server to download files to the selected destination path selected in the other pane of the File Manager.

imgur.com photo album: UnleashX's FTP Browser Mode (FTP client)

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

UnleashX has an FTP client built into its File Manager.  To use it, you have to enable it from the Select menu in either the File Manager's left or right-hand pane.  Once selected, you are able to enter the IP address and login information for the remote (other Xbox's) FTP server to download files to the selected destination path selected in the other pane of the File Manager.

imgur.com photo album: UnleashX's FTP Browser Mode (FTP client)

It's reliable? Avalaunch was VERY temperamental.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 2:20 AM, KaosEngineer said:

The original Xbox hard drives were 8GBs.  Some Seagate hard drives later in the production cycle changed to 10GBs; however, for the Xbox only 8GBs were used.  You can prep/format the additional 2GBs to get a small ~2GB partition 6 (F drive).  However, access to F may not be enabled in the replacement dashboard.  Each has its own setting to enable access to the F partition.  Make sure access to F is turned on. 

I know that both Evoxdash and UnleashX have such settings. 

XBMC however, may not, it simply looks for all possible partitions and if properly formatted adds access to it. 

Download XBMC's xbmc.log file.  Post it at pastebin.com and add a link to it here so I can look through it for any errors.

Where do i find the xbmc.log file?

On 7/22/2023 at 11:57 AM, MadMartigan said:

Way back in the day, I always used Avalaunch’s FTP server to connect two consoles and transfer all the data. It used to be the fastest way until direct connect with FatXplorer became a thing. Still very possible, but as you mentioned it can be a real pain to get them connected. 

It IS. My friend and I used to do that with a crossover cable and static IPs, and it was VERY difficult to get it to work.

• Like 1