So I bought this xbox from my local pawn shop when i saw it come in for 45 bucks. I know there are better deals out there but this one looked clean and the stickers no the bottom where intact. Knowing the system hadn't been opened the first thing i did when I got home other than test the system (and relive halo 2 for a little while) was pull the case off to prep for the clock capacitor removal. For giggles and farts when I saw the focus chip above the cpu heatsink i tested the resistance on the ground port from the LPC bus and found what i'd like to think is a good condition 1.5v motherboard. Now I am really just looking for someone here with a little more experience to tell me if i found the legendary fable board or if I botched the test somehow. Also if it is real hat are the value of these? Thanks.
Please login or register to see this attachment.
So I will receive the components needed this week or the one after.
This is a hardmodded xbox and I will try to swap a 130 Gb to a 2To one.
Meanwhile I've been studying Chimp usage base on the latest video by Rocky5 but they are some things which are not clear to me.
- Is it better to use cable select or slave for the new hdd ?
- Cocky references a 4s period to swap ide cable from dvd to new hdd, is it a real thing ?
- Swapping cable before launching chimp right ?
- First option shown at 10'35 'Select from menu' shoudl be the first one FatX right ?
- Clone from master to slave with a 2TB slave : I want to have F and G both of 950Go size approximatively so I should choose (around 12'19) option 1 C & E and then on the following screen choose 4 'F and G split space evenly' or 5 'Custom F size, G gets the rest' ?
- As i am on hardmod or tsop do i need to lock the slave after as show near 16'43 or is it not necessary ? I am asking because I seem to remember that in the options of my system the current HDD is shown as not locked