OGXbox.com

Need front panel trace alternate points

Bowlsnapper

I'm trying to fix the mobo on my other Halo console instead of replacing the board. The power button does not work or green lights. Only red lights and eject works. I've removed the clock capacitor and cleaned the whole area on top and underneath with alcohol. But only one trace looks bad, so I can't account for all the failure...

Can I run this thing without a clock cap? Lol seems to be booting without it.

9 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

V1.0-1.4 will run without a clock cap. V1.6 requires it to power on. 

you must have a v1.4 Halo Xbox. 

I have 2. This is my second, non XBlast Aladdin one. It's in worse shape. My primary Halo console has a transplanted 1.6 board after modifying the AV posts and removing the ground near the upper side of the case where it always shorts.

I would like to put a green @Dtomcat18 XBlast in here. Has trace rot... Only eject and red lights are working. Pretty sure I see the bad traces, but I need to know how to bypass them. If you can help me with that, I would really appreciate it. I don't want to trash this mobo just for that shit. It still boots to the MS Dash perfectly fine. Glad it doesn't need the clock cap. Fuck that overvolted thing. Lol.

16870578437383443950783102608733.jpg

I think I have the outermost trace, so far, but I think I also need the third trace up. I honestly just want to bypass ALL the traces since I don't think I can trust them at this point.

I had a bypass diagram but I can't find it now...

Edit: I found the guide, but it only speaks for 1.3 versions... It looks the same. I'm assuming 1.4 should be okay?

16870585879202185303277524931657.jpg

Did A to C (the first 3) and the power button works and green light is now functioning. Rebuild is good. Only thing freaking me out is that the console takes a while to turn back off. Like, it laggs. But it's fragging properly now with red and green and power works. Lemme try with the drives connected to see if it gets rid of the lag issue.

Coulda just used your much clearer diagram, Marty. Got lucky with the traces and only needing the first 3. ;) @MadMartigan

PXL_20230618_050736689.jpg

Yes, the drives being disconnected was causing the slight power-down lag. Works perfect now. Now I gotta clean this shell up and get an XBlast on this motherboard... And I need to make sure that those wires NEVER fucking disconnect from their vias. I would be welcome to suggestions about that. I soldered the wires that way because I was paranoid that my scraping was imprecise and that I would accidentally bridge to an adjacent trace... And fuck that. Lol. Wouldn't want to undo that mess. Man I need a workshop. My sheets are hella flammable.

Time to beat the fire temple in Ocarina of Time. :)

PXL_20230618_044903935.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Leave a (very) small amount of extra at ends and cover entire wire to MB

So basically, wrap it around the wire that is sitting over the edge without any slack and it should help absorb the stress?

I didn't even see the wire for a minute. lol. That programmer is badass. That'll hold wire well to a flat surface, but my wires sticking out over the edge... that's different man. :)

12 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I have 2. This is my second, non XBlast Aladdin one. It's in worse shape. My primary Halo console has a transplanted 1.6 board after modifying the AV posts and removing the ground near the upper side of the case where it always shorts.

I would like to put a green @Dtomcat18 XBlast in here. Has trace rot... Only eject and red lights are working. Pretty sure I see the bad traces, but I need to know how to bypass them. If you can help me with that, I would really appreciate it. I don't want to trash this mobo just for that shit. It still boots to the MS Dash perfectly fine. Glad it doesn't need the clock cap. Fuck that overvolted thing. Lol.

16870578437383443950783102608733.jpg

Sorry I wasn’t able to help last night. Lost power and had no Internet or access to the images on my computer. Power was restored a few minutes ago but I see others were able to help you get your Xbox working again. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

BoB (Buy or Build). Or option 3, flash the TSOP. 

Btw. put that metal cover back in. Looks way better with it imo.

I'm not sure, honestly. I have two halo consoles now and I have a habit of keeping everything I touch. I may sell it though. 

If I TSOP it, I'd have to use my Halo 1 XBlast Aladdin to do it. But I have no pin header to slip it on with... :( And I'm broke as fuck. Lol

Unfortunately, the top shield is fucked, Alter. Major corrosion...

PXL_20230619_065338734.jpg