OGXbox.com

Team Resurgent: CerBIOS for Softmods (and Stellar Users too)

KaosEngineer

43 minutes ago, Maddoc said:

When i boot chipped xbox it boots to xenium os.  I formatted a 4tb drive via fatxplorer 360 beta.  When i try to ftp (tried with both and ethernet and a cross over cable to the xbox via browser using my xboxs ip address as per marios instructions on ytube connecting my xbox to a hp g3 tower pc i get a white screen in the browser with no optiins on browser page.  Can i just pur cerbios on newly formatted c drive and flash via xenium os?? 

Yes. You can also do it from a disc I believe. Try it. :) I usually create a C:/bios/ directory and rename the file bios.bin to make sure anything can see it.

The background and screen should remain the same color and theme I think so if it's blanking out like that it does worry me a bit. Wish I had a xenium to work with, but I'm stuck with XBlast chips for now, which, admittedly, are not bad at all and XBlastOS has a LOT of options to help me do what I need to do. Like a true PC user!

Thank you @Dtomcat18 :) Love ya, buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2023 at 3:32 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Then flash cerbios. It's what people are using right now. Here's an overclocked UDMA 6 version. Should be mild enough to work with any xbox. GPU at 285MHZ and CPU at 777MHZ.

TBH you should not provide any OC bioses in public. Every CPU is different and so the GPU. It will wörk for you but may blow up the TSOP/Single Bank Chip of a newbie who thinks, wörks for him so it will wörk for me. 

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

TBH you should not provide any OC bioses in public. Every CPU is different and so the GPU. It will wörk for you but may blow up the TSOP/Single Bank Chip of a newbie who thinks, wörks for him so it will wörk for me. 

Yes, every CPU is different, but I've flashed this to many consoles at this point and am reasonably confident that it should not cause problems. It's not pushed so high that it will work for MY set of binning but not the next person's. Hasn't locked up an Xbox yet! :)

I will provide an option. UDMA 4, 6, and overclocked 6, instead of making it the ONLY option. That way this OP can be more flexible if the Xbox locks up for any reason at boot and can try a bios with stock speeds. I had a feeling that I should provide a choice instead of forcing my Overclock on him, and you helped me validate that doubt. Thank you.

Cerbios Hybrid V2.3.1 BETA UDMA6.bin cerbios6oc.bin

Cerbios Hybrid V2.3.1 BETA UDMA4.bin

• Thanks 1

Finally i got the 1.6 up and running @Bowlsnapper thank you for all the valuable help and every other person who helped kudos to you all.  The problem seems to be with the make mhz xenium chip not allowing to ftp a bios to it and constantly refuseing connection according to windows 10 no matterb whether i set it as dynamic or static under network in xenium os.  I put the bios in a folder called bios on the fatxplorer modded e drive and flashed it through xenium os booted into a freshly 512kb formatted hard drive.  Now all i need is a good tutorial on transferring games emu etc (all help greatly appreciated by me) from my soft modded 2tb 1.4 before i tsop it and install cerbios.  Again thank you all for the very valuable informatiin i could not have done it without your help. 

Edited by Maddoc
Left out info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maddoc said:

Finally i got the 1.6 up and running @Bowlsnapper thank you for all the valuable help and every other person who helped kudos to you all.  The problem seems to be with the make mhz xenium chip not allowing to ftp a bios to it and constantly refuseing connection according to windows 10 no matterb whether i set it as dynamic or static under network in xenium os.  I put the bios in a folder called bios on the fatxplorer modded e drive and flashed it through xenium os booted into a freshly 512kb formatted hard drive.  Now all i need is a good tutorial on transferring games emu etc (all help greatly appreciated by me) from my soft modded 2tb 1.4 before i tsop it and install cerbios.  Again thank you all for the very valuable informatiin i could not have done it without your help. 

For some reason this post is missing so I will attempt to make it again.

Congratulations @Maddoc. You now have an overclocked version of Cerbios running! You should not experience any problems caused by the overclock. I'm glad you were able to flash using an alternative method and that your troubles are over. I will help you with your file transfer when I am home from my first day of college! :)

Oh, was 512 required for the 4tb drive? I know it's 256 for the 2tb. That may be why, Marty. Although I admittedly know very little about formatting and HDDs, as it pertains to bios compatibility. @MadMartigan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maddoc said:

The problem seems to be with the make mhz xenium chip not allowing to ftp a bios to it and constantly refuseing connection according to windows 10 no matterb whether i set it as dynamic or static under network in xenium os.  I put the bios in a folder called bios on the fatxplorer modded e drive and flashed it through xenium os booted into a freshly 512kb formatted hard drive.

I think people generally have a harder time with a direct connection from the Xbox to a computer.  You may want to try connecting your Xbox to your router and see if that will work for flashing the BIOS next time.  This is a longer video that deals with installing the Xenium but I have it marked at the time it deals with flashing the Xenium so this may be helpful:  https://youtu.be/ICRS3yHICKQ?t=1833

Now all i need is a good tutorial on transferring games emu etc (all help greatly appreciated by me) from my soft modded 2tb 1.4 before i tsop it and install cerbios.  Again thank you all for the very valuable informatiin i could not have done it without your help.

There are a few ways you could do this.  The fastest might be to remove both hard drives connect them to your computer and have FATXplorer transfer the files between the hard drives.   You could also maybe just connect one, save the files to your computer then connect the second hard drive and transfer files back.  You could also FTP files to your computer but this would probably be slower.   Last you can connect an Xbox directly to another Xbox but you would need to use a crossover cable.  I believe the Avalaunch dashboard has a boost mode for this but its been such a long time since I have done an Xbox to Xbox file transfer I dont remember the steps.  Im sure someone else on the forum knows the fastest way to do an Xbox to Xbox file transfer.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RMM said:

I think people generally have a harder time with a direct connection from the Xbox to a computer.  You may want to try connecting your Xbox to your router and see if that will work for flashing the BIOS next time.  This is a longer video that deals with installing the Xenium but I have it marked at the time it deals with flashing the Xenium so this may be helpful:  https://youtu.be/ICRS3yHICKQ?t=1833

There are a few ways you could do this.  The fastest might be to remove both hard drives connect them to your computer and have FATXplorer transfer the files between the hard drives.   You could also maybe just connect one, save the files to your computer then connect the second hard drive and transfer files back.  You could also FTP files to your computer but this would probably be slower.   Last you can connect an Xbox directly to another Xbox but you would need to use a crossover cable.  I believe the Avalaunch dashboard has a boost mode for this but its been such a long time since I have done an Xbox to Xbox file transfer I dont remember the steps.  Im sure someone else on the forum knows the fastest way to do an Xbox to Xbox file transfer.

If your computer's HDD is too small to host all the files, consider getting a second USB adapter. Then you could just file transfer from one drive directly to another without anything touching your PC's drive. Moving an entire partition of files over FTP is possible but not something I would recommend, let alone multiple partitions. If it's only a few gigs then that's no big deal, but if it's several hundred gigs through FTP, then you can experience filename length issues and garbage like that and it's extremely frustrating to fix all those things one by one when the transfer process reaches them. I would recommend using a PC to transfer files, if you can.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If your computer's HDD is too small to host all the files, consider getting a second USB adapter. Then you could just file transfer from one drive directly to another without anything touching your PC's drive. Moving an entire partition of files over FTP is possible but not something I would recommend, let alone multiple partitions. If it's only a few gigs then that's no big deal, but if it's several hundred gigs through FTP, then you can experience filename length issues and garbage like that and it's extremely frustrating to fix all those things one by one when the transfer process reaches them. I would recommend using a PC to transfer files, if you can.

His soft modded Xbox hard drive is 2TB.  His hard modded Xbox is 4TB.  Im guessing there are a good number of files that need to be transferred over to the new 4TB.  I do think connecting both to the computer would probably be a good idea since SATA would be the quickest way to transfer but it is nice to have other options for transferring the files.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RMM said:

His soft modded Xbox hard drive is 2TB.  His hard modded Xbox is 4TB.  Im guessing there are a good number of files that need to be transferred over to the new 4TB.  I do think connecting both to the computer would probably be a good idea since SATA would be the quickest way to transfer but it is nice to have other options for transferring the files.

Those were my assumptions, yes. :) He just may be planning to fill it up later and just likes big HDD's for good measure!

• Thanks 1

Thank you all, for transferring games emu i intend to mount the 2tb drive in a inatek usb 3.0 caddy and the 4tb internally in a spare bay on my pc and use fatxplorer 360 beta.  Its just knowing the file structure to the new drive is it just a straight copy and paste of folders ie games emulators etc.  Do i place all on the f drive?? As new drive is formatted with less partitions than soft modded drive.   Do i have to set up pathways to folders etc or will xbmx4gamers seevall games artwork etc

Edited by Maddoc

1 hour ago, Maddoc said:

Thank you all, for transferring games emu i intend to mount the 2tb drive in a inatek usb 3.0 caddy and the 4tb internally in a spare bay on my pc and use fatxplorer 360 beta.  Its just knowing the file structure to the new drive is it just a straight copy and paste of folders ie games emulators etc.  Do i place all on the f drive?? As new drive is formatted with less partitions than soft modded drive.   Do i have to set up pathways to folders etc or will xbmx4gamers seevall games artwork etc

If you would like a direct clone, I would pretty much place things exactly as they are, partition by partition. C should have your dashboard data. Anything on f: just copy to f. Anything on g, just copy to g. If you would like to retain your old dash and all your settings and basically just clone your 2tb to your 4tb, then I would copy all the partitions completely, one by one. Just make sure that cerbios.ini is in the root of C and that your Cerbios "bootanims" folder is in the root of C as well.

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Oh, was 512 required for the 4tb drive? I know it's 256 for the 2tb. That may be why, Marty. Although I admittedly know very little about formatting and HDDs, as it pertains to bios compatibility. @MadMartigan

I would recommend keeping it at 256kb until your HDD exceeds the 4TB mark. Here is KaosEngineer talking about it a long time ago. Ignore the “5 months ago” post time. This pic is old. 

IMG_4892.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2023 at 1:16 AM, MadMartigan said:

I would recommend keeping it at 256kb until your HDD exceeds the 4TB mark. Here is KaosEngineer talking about it a long time ago. Ignore the “5 months ago” post time. This pic is old. 

IMG_4892.jpeg

Just to note: This is for PARTITION size not disk size. e.g. for a 2 TB drive where no one partition is going over 1GB, then you can use 64KB clusters.

• Thanks 1