OGXbox.com

I need, sigh, a god DAMN Aladdin

Bowlsnapper

Just now, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You have reflowed the pinheader. So lets assume that D0 on the Chip may not work so, solder it for a test back to GND. 

I'm pretty sure that the chip it self is fine.

D0 might not work? I tried the shielding ground pad with D0 like admin said. No dice. It fails either way.

5 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

After you reflowed your pinheader?

On some clones the D0 simply didn't wörk for what ever reason.

I reflowed the pinheader pretty nicely. It's good.

Shit. Should I assume this chip is defective? I need to test with a 1.4 board now probably.

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

No not defective. On some clones the D0 simply didn't wörk. However the chip will wörk. Modzville has made these so....

So solder the wire to GND and check again IF not already tried AFTER you reflowed the header. 

Sweet, I'm a retard, buddy. Which wire to ground? D0? Do I have the bt soldered correctly?

I'll try soldering the mobo D0 to ground one more time...

Take a deep breath. Desolder D0 from the chip and solder it to GND ans see if it boots. 

It is possible that reflowing the header fixed the problem and it may wörk now with the cable to GND. Somewhere below the rainbow must be something wrong. So if this still didn't wörk, I would bet my as it's still a soldering issue. 

And I would say that your BT wire is soldered in the right spot.

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Not reflow. To mee it looks like it's not even connectet. Solder bt strait to the quick solder pad like shown in the pic  https://imgur.com/a/rr2dYbW

Reflowed the bt to the pad.

Also, I just put the chip in backwards on the header because I was in a hurry and frustrated... Hope that didn't fry it.

16866381445263498836815095969997.jpg

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ok, now I'm out of ideas. May @SS_Dave or @KaosEngineer has another idea.

Yeah I probably have to wait until tomorrow. It seems like whenever D0 is hooked up to anything or grounded to anything the console just frags. Doesn't matter if the chip's connected or not. At least if DO is grounded to a mobo pad. Grounded to the chip, it boots fine when unplugged.

@KaosEngineer @SS_Dave

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I hooked up to the D0 in my Xecuter box and it still won't boot. However, it's not even trying to boot. It's like it's not even hooked up to the D0. I'm patched in sure, but it should still work. 

1686681796230558629828192753968.jpg

Are you sure that BIOSes have been flashed to the SST49LF080?

Sounds like it has no BIOS stored in the flash memory chip to load.  Thus, it FRAGs.

Do you have an external programmer to read the current contents of the flash memory chip?

16 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Reflowed the bt to the pad.

Also, I just put the chip in backwards on the header because I was in a hurry and frustrated... Hope that didn't fry it.

16866381445263498836815095969997.jpg

For the Xblast aladdins, BT does not need to be tied to ground. 

If you check the info in the listing I have for these, I recommend just tieing D0 to ground on the xbox and not using the D0 pad on the aladdin as it tends to be unreliable. 

It looks like you have d0 grounded on the xbox here. Try removing the bt to ground wire on the chip. 

if d0 is grounded, it's normal for it to frag if there isn't a chip plugged into the pinheader. 

I do test each one of these before shipping but it's possible something happened in shipping. If you can't get it working I can swap it out for you no problem 

• Thanks 1