OGXbox.com

Newly installed Aladdin XT Plus2 only boots stock

peterpop

I've just tried to install the chip using this guide: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:Aladdin

More precisely I soldered the pin header and the 3.3V, LAD0, LAD1, LAD2 and LAD3. I made a blunder and ruined the trace by R7P4, so needed to reroute it. I would have routed through the hole at the chip pin, but the hole had solder in it that I haven't been able to remove, so I resorted to the hideous mess you can see on the picture. I have checked all the connections with a multimeter. There is 3.3 on pin9. LAD1-3) I have checked as much as I could by putting one of the multimeter probes on the tip of the pin and the other on a point on the trace that is not the solder point directly. In other words, I am reasonably sure that the soldering is "ok"

I also cut the L trace because the MrMario2011 video said so.

But when I booted only a black screen would show and FRAG. So I restored the L trace to be able to boot into stock BIOS.

Now I can only boot into stock. Am I missing something? Have I done something wrong? What can I check?

The chip lights red whenever power is plugged into the xbox. I noticed that if I put the chip in with the BT not soldered on the chip the led would dim slightly whenever the xbox was turned on. After I soldering it, it would not dim. Don't know if it means anything. Just mentioning it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You should remove pin 4 from the pin header.

Check out this installation guide for the modchip:

circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Attachment/72198-Aladdin-XT-installation-Guide-pdf/

The LED on the modchip only tells you that the modchip is powered.

That made a difference. Now when I turn on the xbox with the chip in, the led on the chip will flash a couple of times, and the the xbox will frag. If I remove the chip it boots from stock.

1 minute ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats because when you ground the d0, you tell the xbox to boot from the modchip and not the onboard bios

Yes, I figured that much out. It was simply to follow the guide KaosEngineer linked to to completion to rule that out.

But it doesn't change the fact that when the xbox tries to boot from the chip it'll frag. And I can't figure out why.

38 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

I guess it could be possible that the chip on the Aladdin didn’t get a bios flashed to it. Have you attempted to check that with an external flasher? 

No. I don't have one. Is there any way to flash it from a softmod?

8 hours ago, peterpop said:

No. I don't have one. Is there any way to flash it from a softmod?

No. The softmod uses the MS bios on the TSOP. When you boot from the TSOP, THAT is what's available to flash. Same goes for the LPC. If you boot from one you cannot address the other. It is possible to boot from another chip and then hotswap them while you are in XBlast or any other piece of flashing software. However I am assuming that you don't have one...

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

No. The softmod uses the MS bios on the TSOP. When you boot from the TSOP, THAT is what's available to flash. Same goes for the LPC. If you boot from one you cannot address the other. It is possible to boot from another chip and then hotswap them while you are in XBlast or any other piece of flashing software. However I am assuming that you don't have one...

Correct... ☹️