OGXbox.com

I need, sigh, a god DAMN Aladdin

Bowlsnapper

14 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Why not just flash the TSOP? I would say, that ModzvilleUSA has some Aladdin/Aladdin-XBlast chips. OR as far as I'm aware @ComputerBootersells OpenXenium chips.

I'm just doing it on a budget. I got hit by a car and got very banged up and was in the hospital for 40 days. I just got home and can't work, so I have to do it smartly. I have a HDD to use, IDE, but in order to do the TSOP, I have to do a softmod kit, which may cost something. I was just trying to get an Aladdin for 10 bucks with Cerbios until I could afford an openxenium... Unless somebody's got some TSOP kit stuff they don't actually need! Then I'll bridge the points and get going with a TSOP.

12 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

I’ll be making some more soon after I design a programming jig

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6513.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

I do need one of these for flashing cheap chips like an Aladdin and older chips like an Xecuter 2.

And for testing memory mods.

They're very well made, by the way. I saw your thread. Is it just one bank?

16 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Why not just flash the TSOP? I would say, that ModzvilleUSA has some Aladdin/Aladdin-XBlast chips. OR as far as I'm aware @ComputerBootersells OpenXenium chips.

It's a 1.6 board I put in my Halo edition...:( I can't do TSOP, unless I get a 1.4 board...with the HDD cuz swappings a pain right now.

What I need is a cheap ass Aladdin with Cerbios already on it, basically. That way I can throw in my old x3 HDD and call it a day. I have no way to flash an Aladdin... Which isn't even capable of being flashed without a damn programmer. Lol. are you saying modzville has preflashed Aladdins?

Edit: yes they have them with XBlast, 1mb. I think I would need to clone the Cerbios bios 4 times to get it up to a 1mb flash, though, correct? 25 bucks though...

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

IEdit: yes they have them with XBlast, 1mb. I think I would need to clone the Cerbios bios 4 times to get it up to a 1mb flash, though, correct? 25 bucks though...

No, you don't need to clone the bios. The Aladdin-Blast has 1 x 512kb and 2 x 256kb. On one of the 256kb banks is XBlast already and on one of the other banks is Cerbios.

Here is a video how he makes them and close to the end you see the chip in action

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

No, you don't need to clone the bios. The Aladdin-Blast has 1 x 512kb and 2 x 256kb. On one of the 256kb banks is XBlast already and on one of the other banks is Cerbios.

Here is a video how he makes them and close to the end you see the chip in action

Holy SHIT... Dude, it's almost not even an Aladdin... Or rather, it's what an Aladdin SHOULD be.

Thank you very much for the info, Sweet! 

11 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Sick. Which one is XBlast os on?

Oh FUCK. I just just realized that the board I put into my Halo edition is a 1.6 and has no TSOP because it's INSIDE the fucking video encoder or something. So I HAVE to use a chip. :(

Already answered… but just reiterating, one 512 and one 256 available for your bios.  Then one 256 slot for xblast OS. Updatable as well 

Aaaaand I'm fragging. I'll post a picture in just a minute. My soldering to the legs was a bit bad since I had a bad tip at the time. I swapped tips and the soldering got better. I followed admin's guide, here:

Is there a step I skipped? Now I'm fragging whether the chip is plugged in or not.

PXL_20230613_042730806.jpg

So early and so much horror. Looks like your header isn't soldered properly. And the wire you have on the GND pad should go to pin 3 (LFrame) So remove it from GND and solder it to pin 3 like shown in the picture: https://imgur.com/a/tkSXLv0

And It also looks like that 2 pins/wires are bridging on your header. 

Coffee, I need more coffee to get over this..... :D

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So early and so much horror. Looks like your header isn't soldered properly. And the wire you have on the GND pad should go to pin 3 (LFrame) So remove it from GND and solder it to pin 3 like shown in the picture: https://imgur.com/a/tkSXLv0

And It also looks like that 2 pins/wires are bridging on your header. 

Coffee, I need more coffee to get over this..... :D

I'm able to get to a tsop boot now, but the chip won't boot, even though the light is on... I'm at a loss now. I've reflowed all the pins and they look much better and narrower. Disconnecting the top right wire gets me to be able to boot TSOP, but the chip will NOT boot.

13 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm able to get to a tsop boot now, but the chip won't boot, even though the light is on... I'm at a loss now. I've reflowed all the pins and they look much better and narrower. Disconnecting the top right wire gets me to be able to boot TSOP, but the chip will NOT boot.

BT on the chip is connectet to GND for always on? 

E: ANd 1.6 didn't has a TSOP. 

6 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

BT on the chip is connectet to GND for always on? 

E: ANd 1.6 didn't has a TSOP. 

It has a TSOP, it just can't be accessed because it's hidden in another chip. The video encoder, if I'm not mistaken. The stock bios has to be SOMEWHERE. :P

It's fragging, so I'm assuming either not all legs are communicating, or there's something wrong with the chip. The rebuild not being hooked up by one wire just gets me back to TSOP booting, which is what I would expect if the chip were not wired for "on". Are you saying to hook the D0 on the chip to that leg? Or wire the D0 via to that leg? Because the second one did not work. I tried what you said.

@sweetdarkdestiny

PXL_20230613_052547812.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

It has a TSOP, it just can't be accessed because it's hidden in another chip.

It's fragging, so I'm assuming either not all legs are communicating, or there's something wrong with the chip. The rebuild not being hooked up by one wire just gets me back to TSOP booting, which is what I would expect if the chip were not wired for "on"

See my post above.

And again 1.6 didn't has a TSOP. Nope, non. njet, nada null, nix TSOP. 

Anyway it should wörk. Check your soldering again

11 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

See my post above.

And again 1.6 didn't has a TSOP. Nope, non. njet, nada null, nix TSOP. 

I did, sweet. And I reflowed my pins and all connections with a better tip and more flux and they're good. Wiring the D0 that way did not work. Just the same frag...

I'm just talking about the stock bios. I'm aware that there is no actual TSOP chip. But the bios still has to be stored somewhere. From what I understand, it's the video encoder chip, which would explain why it's so much bigger than other versions.

Like I said, deconstructing the lpc with ONE wire gets me back to stock boot, I tried the top right wire like you pictured in imgur, sweet and that got me to boot the stock bios. Also wired the D0 as pictured there to with no results whatsoever. Just booted the stock bios. Also noticed that there were two more pins on the left side in that picture, so only two open vias... what's up with that?

Seems to be getting power...

Are ogxbox Admin's instructions inaccurate?, I guess would be my first question. @OGXbox Admin

16866346356426275983321630393817.jpg

You have reflowed the pinheader. So lets assume that D0 on the Chip may not work so, solder it for a test back to GND. 

I'm pretty sure that the chip it self is fine.

E: Thats not my pic. I would assume it's an open xenium or maybe an xecuter. Or the guy who did it had a 6x2 on hand.