Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Install a 2.6 Xecuter mod chip


Lexieye
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was given a broken Xbox version 1.0 and I want to take that mod chip and put in in my 1.3 .

the chip is explained in more detail in this post I’ve found on the forum 

It was previously installed SOLDERLESS with a spring pin head system you just line up and screw down.

When I took it out of the Xbox I noticed a random wire that was stabbed into the board?

dose anyone know if this has a purpose or if it’s a necessity ?

many thanks in advance 

image.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The spring wire goes into the D0 via on the top of the motherboard.  Without it connected, the motherboard will never boot the BIOS stored on the modchip.  The D0 connection signals the MCPX chip to load the BIOS from the flash memory chip installed on the motherboard or from the LPC Debug Port-connected flash memory chip of the modchip.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2022 at 10:25 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The spring wire goes into the D0 via on the top of the motherboard.  Without it connected, the motherboard will never boot the BIOS stored on the modchip.  The D0 connection signals the MCPX chip to load the BIOS from the flash memory chip installed on the motherboard or from the LPC Debug Port-connected flash memory chip of the modchip.

Hello 

I removed the spring-screw-down install and soldered it permanently to the board.

this leaves me with the problem of D0

where do you put the correct place for D0 so the chip can be dissabled and use the Xbox UNmodified?

if I permanently secure D0 then I use my XBMC4GAMERS when chip is on BUT cannot boot the standard Microsoft Bios because the Xbox won’t boot unless the chip is on

if I disconnect D0 then my HD will boot the stock MS-DASH and only use the 8gig partition it thinks it only has

23329C2F-B61E-477C-914A-25666107B6D8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Connect a wire from the modchip's D0 pad to the D0 via on the motherboard.

 

On 4/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Connect a wire from the modchip's D0 pad to the D0 via on the motherboard.

I will have to de-solder the chip to remove it because it is firmly fixed down. 

834FBD14-E71F-4364-88C2-850CE19C7AC5.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lexieye said:

 

I will have to de-solder the chip to remove it because it is firmly fixed down. 

<KaosEngineer: Picture removed see above if you really want to have a look at it.>

How did you install the modchip to the motherboard?  A pin header is to be soldered into the LPC debug port and the modchip plugged onto it.  The X2.6CE modchip came with a 3-pin connector with wiring to attach to the motherboard's LAN activity, HDD activity and D0 points.

Wayback Machine capture of xbox-scene.com's Xecuter 2 Lite pictures:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101203205559/http://xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_lite_pictures.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How did you install the modchip to the motherboard?  A pin header is to be soldered into the LPC debug port and the modchip plugged onto it.  The X2.6CE modchip came with a 3-pin connector with wiring to attach to the motherboard's LAN activity, HDD activity and D0 points.

Wayback Machine capture of xbox-scene.com's Xecuter 2 Lite pictures:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101203205559/http://xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_lite_pictures.html

I soldered a pin header to the LPC debug port because the screw-down-pin header would constantly fail to work and noticeably was rising off the board. The pins I used were not the original and went through the other side of the modchip plugged onto it. So I soldered it both sides to lower the chance of movement when in transit.

following everyone’s advice I have thankfully soldered the D0 point to the 3rd pin of the white socket on the chip

 

FCF70E5F-B1FC-4487-9FDC-AF0805013B7A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How did you install the modchip to the motherboard?  A pin header is to be soldered into the LPC debug port and the modchip plugged onto it.  The X2.6CE modchip came with a 3-pin connector with wiring to attach to the motherboard's LAN activity, HDD activity and D0 points.

Wayback Machine capture of xbox-scene.com's Xecuter 2 Lite pictures:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101203205559/http://xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_lite_pictures.html

Yes I have this system

34154DA1-A58B-4527-989C-3B685484F514.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.