OGXbox.com

downloading Iso

Boonana

I haven't played around with a modded Xbox for a while but I recently purchased one. I have downloaded a few games to FTP over however they are downloading as iso files. I am wondering what's the best way to FTP them over, when I try to FTP the normal iso files they don't work. 

It is not necessarily that, it depends on the download.

If it is from a 'Redump Archive' then yes but many Xbox games if not already "HDD Ready" ie. FTP ready game files, come as ISO or, most often, XISO downloads.

Once unpacked from the Zip or RAR folder the latter can be burned directly to disk (DVD-R/ImgBurn) or have the files extract using the C Xbox Tool or Qwix so they can be FTPed.

XISOs themselves installed to the HDD can be played on the Xbox too if your softmod has the tool available which supports this.

5 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

It is not necessarily that, it depends on the download.

If it is from a 'Redump Archive' then yes but many Xbox games if not already "HDD Ready" ie. FTP ready game files, come as ISO or, most often, XISO downloads.

Once unpacked from the Zip or RAR folder the latter can be burned directly to disk (DVD-R/ImgBurn) or have the files extract using the C Xbox Tool or Qwix so they can be FTPed.

XISOs themselves installed to the HDD can be played on the Xbox too if your softmod has the tool available which supports this.

When trying to use c xbox tool, It is saying my .iso file isnt an .xiso file. How do I change it to a xiso. 

3 hours ago, Boonana said:

When trying to use c xbox tool, It is saying my .iso file isnt an .xiso file. How do I change it to a xiso. 

You don't.  Use a different application to extract the game's content from the dot iso file.

How big is the dot iso file?  >6GBs?  If so, it is a Redump archival disc image dump, not XISO disc image.  You need to use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the XDVDFS filesystem portion of Redump-style disc image, not C-Xbox Tool.  It is for XISO-format disc images.  After XDVDMulleter extracts the game's content, upload them to a unique subfolder in the Games folder on your modded Xbox.   If there is no Games folder, create one then a subfolder to uploadthe game's content to.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You don't.  Use a different application to extract the game's content from the dot iso file.

How big is the dot iso file?  >6GBs?  If so, it is a Redump archival disc image dump, not XISO disc image.  You need to use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the XDVDFS filesystem portion of Redump-style disc image, not C-Xbox Tool.  It is for XISO-format disc images.  After XDVDMulleter extracts the game's content, upload them to a unique subfolder in the Games folder on your modded Xbox.   If there is no Games folder, create one then a subfolder to uploadthe game's content to.

I have done all you recommended and when putting the ftping the game via filezilla the files are failing.  

29 minutes ago, Boonana said:

I have done all you recommended and when putting the ftping the game via filezilla the files are failing.  

What's failing, the upload process or running the game's default.xbe file?

How much free space is on the hard drive? 

Where are you uploading the game's files to?

Make sure that Filezilla is uploading the files in binary, not Auto or ASCII, mode.  

To do so, from Filezilla's text menu, go to Transfer > Transfer type and set it to Binary.

Filezilla - Transfer - Transfer Type - Binary.png

• Like 1

I think a screenshot of the file content you're trying to FTP would help confirm whether its more likely a FTP or other related matter rather than what it is you're trying to FTP.

FTPing to the Xbox can be erratic, at least its always been like that for me. You can get multiple FileZilla "Failed to Transfer" errors to begin with and disconnects, particularly with an UnleashX main dash. Then suddenly it'll all go sweetly and you can transfer GBs of stuff in just a few minutes.

With the failed to transfers files when using FileZilla just re-queue them afterwards and you'll often find they'll all transfer first or second time unless there is some problem, like lack of space as KaosEngineer suggested.