OGXbox.com

Issues with no video, but have audio

Maverick923

I found this on reddit, but it did not looking it was ever resolved.Changed the 3 caps under the CPU and now sound but no picture! Any ideas?

I am having the same issue where I had to replace 5 blown caps, but afterwards I am getting no video. I can hear the boot animation, but I get no video.

I have reflowed many times. Not sure where exactly to start checking. Any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Maverick923 said:

I found this on reddit, but it did not looking it was ever resolved.Changed the 3 caps under the CPU and now sound but no picture! Any ideas?

I am having the same issue where I had to replace 5 blown caps, but afterwards I am getting no video. I can hear the boot animation, but I get no video.

I have reflowed many times. Not sure where exactly to start checking. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you certain you got the polarity correct on them? I concur with providing pictures of both sides of the board. 

Interesting. The capacitor installation looks fine.

I'd start with gently applying pressure around the video connector left/right and up and down and see if you see any changes on screen. Then move the video connector around. Have a look inside the video port and the cable end (what goes into the Xbox) for anything unusual like a bent pin or dirt/dust. The Microsoft cables fray quite easily also.

Edited by Lina_Inverse_

2 hours ago, Lina_Inverse_ said:

Interesting. The capacitor installation looks fine.

I'd start with gently applying pressure around the video connector left/right and up and down and see if you see any changes on screen. Then move the video connector around. Have a look inside the video port and the cable end (what goes into the Xbox) for anything unusual like a bent pin or dirt/dust. The Microsoft cables fray quite easily also.

I've tried the same cable on another Xbox and it works. I also have the same results with another TV. Moving that does nothing. Any other ideas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ShadyBlues
      Hey guys, just wondering if someone could confirm a suspicion of mine.
      So a while ago I dug out my old OG Xbox (V1.3 I believe) and found it wasn't working, it would switch on for a couple seconds then power off again. Did some research and found that the dreaded clock cap had leaked and one of the traces on the back was broken. So I removed the motherboard with the intention of repairing it, but then life got in the way and I didn't have the time so it sat in pieces for the best part of a year before I found the time to fix it. So I managed to remove the clock cap and clean the board, then I jumped the broken trace with a wire between the test points. (All good there, no shorts that I could find)
      I also changed the thermal paste on the GPU and CPU to Arctic MX4 while I was at it.
      So I put it all back together again, plugged it into my old SCART tv, it turns on from the power button fine, has a solid green light, you can hear the hard drive starting up too (still has the original in it right now) but there is no audio or video output to the tv. I tried a different AV cable but got the same result, and I know the tv is good cause my Sega Saturn works fine through the SCART.
      Also worth mentioning that the DVD drive (Samsung) won't open by it's self. I cleaned up the belt and greased the slides but same result. I tried it with the top of the DVD drive off so I could see and it looks like the laser moves about like it wants to open but the motor makes no attempt to spin up.
      So in short I have a V1.3 Xbox that shows a solid green light, No video, No audio and the DVD drive doesn't open.
      From what I've read on here so far it sounds like I may have a corrupt BIOS/coma console on my hands (though I heard V1.0 and V1.1 were more prone to that).
      What do you guys think?

• By Kloot4zak
      Hey guys,

I've done 4 tsop hardmods in the past.. for myself and for some friends and we are still having a lot of fun with them!
      Now I picked up a new xbox and want to perform a softmod.

I watched this tutorial :
      The tutorial doesn't mention that I have to update to dashboard 5960, so I guessed it wasn't neccesary anymore and I proceeded....
      Now I installed a small softmod using the USB, but I cannot use the xbox softmodding tool extra's Disc because is doesn't recognise it and says the tray is empty.
      I tried to FTP the files to xbox. I launched the files, but it's stuck and says: "Retail Bios detected".
      So at last I tried to Uninstall my softmod.... But I cannot seem to find an option...

I think there are 2 options:
      1.upgrade my dashboard using FTP
      2.Uninstal my current softmod and install dashboard 5960 using Halo 2 or whatever

I do NOT know how to perform any of these options so all the help would be appreciated very much!!!

• By Edge
      Hi Everyone!
      I'm in the market for a 1.0 motherboard that has had the extra ram up to 128mb chips added, has had all the caps replaced, the clock cap removed, the TSOP write points restored, and CPU thermal paste replaced. Essentially a nicely restored 128mb 1.0 motherboard that won't give me any trouble for!
      Optionally it would be nice to have the LPC pin headers installed in the case recovery is needed.
      I know there is a lot of time in that request between the caps and the ram, so please name your price. I'm in the US.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.